PDA

View Full Version : Jiffy Lube and the Right

wolfdancer
10-17-2006, 12:20 PM
KNBC did an expose on Jiffy Lube, in S.Ca. a short while back. Using hidden cameras, they proved that some stations were charging for services not done. Now I see JL has TV ads promoting their customer care, etc.
They would like you to forget about the "other stuff".
Rep Coker (R) Tenn was interviewed the other day, and his answer, actually non-answer to any questions about the war, was that we should forget about should have, could have and move forward. That might be the party platform for the coming elections...Bush has led the way of forgiveness, issuing a Presidential pardon to himself...(a sidenote...I dont think the Pope can absolve himself of any sins)
Going into the voting booth to vote for the right, is like going into one of them "caught on tape" service stations.....you wont get what you paid for, you will end up getting screwed, and you wont even get Jiffy Lubed first.

nAz
10-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I'd be amazed if the reps keep control of the house. but then again the voters from the right never ceases to amaze me, 2000 and 2004.

pooltchr
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I'd be amazed if the reps keep control of the house. but then again the voters from the right never ceases to amaze me, 2000 and 2004. <hr /></blockquote>

Is this an admission that the Republicans won the elections??????????????????????????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Steve

nAz
10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
only the 2nd one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif the first one well that should never have been decided by the supreme court, anyways that is history and that is what scares me... history repeating it self. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

then again electric voting ,,, maybe... maybe naaaaa.

Gayle in MD
10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
The reporters are all writing about the puzzling up-beat positive attitude that Bush, Rove, and the Republican leadership have been projecting about the elections.

Gotta be either Deibold, or their perpetual State Of Denial.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The question is, does the right hate liberals enough to let our troops continue to be slaughtered? Or, have they somehow managed to get enough BJs of their own these last eight years to assuage their insane jealousy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BTW, two more republicans have been announced as being under FBI investigation, one for sex, and one for illegal family contracts. Republicans new campaign song is Jail House Rock!!!...Maybe it should be The Impossible Dream... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
and then there is this:
web page (http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?dist=newsfinder&amp;siteid=mktw&amp;guid=%7B24E 7202D-C6E4-4E04-86D7-52B79042AE38%7D) Ho hum...just another GOP'r under investigation, but the nail in the coffin will be the remarks about the Christian leaders.
I normally do not make election predictions publicly, but in private I have been right on every prediction since the days of Wendall Wilkie....except one....I didn't think that even the Republicans were crass enough to run Richard Nixon.
I'm now predicting though that the Democrats will win every seat as they run unopposed, while the entire right wing party (pols)checks into rehab.

hondo
10-18-2006, 05:27 AM
LMFAO!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> The reporters are all writing about the puzzling up-beat positive attitude that Bush, Rove, and the Republican leadership have been projecting about the elections.

Gotta be either Deibold, or their perpetual State Of Denial.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The question is, does the right hate liberals enough to let our troops continue to be slaughtered? Or, have they somehow managed to get enough BJs of their own these last eight years to assuage their insane jealousy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BTW, two more republicans have been announced as being under FBI investigation, one for sex, and one for illegal family contracts. Republicans new campaign song is Jail House Rock!!!...Maybe it should be The Impossible Dream... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
10-18-2006, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> The question is, does the right hate liberals enough to let our troops continue to be slaughtered? <hr /></blockquote>

This is why you have such a hard time winning any political debate. You take an assumption, assume it is true, and then wrap it around your talking point.
What makes you think the right hates liberals. The fact is some of my best friends are liberals. So you assume that the whole war is designed to eliminate the country from liberals. It becomes a totally inaccurate statement to frame your point that soldiers are dying in the war. I think you might be typing faster than you are thinking.
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-18-2006, 06:26 AM
I think you might be voting faster than you're thinking. Our young poor and middle class kids are dying to make George Bush and Dick Cheney, and their friends of the billionaire share of the top 1% in this country, filthy rich, and I do mean filthy.

What makes me think the right hates liberals, AH HA HA HA....read some of your own posts, and Ed's and Deemans's...you guys have given me a real education on hatred, while accusing me of it.

Do I hate to see innocent people die for the benefit of the rich....YES I DO!

Do I think that big oil is the ONLY reason why Bush went into Iraq...and for his own financial benefit....YES I DO!

DO I think he gives a damn about how many of our kids die in order to make him and his friends richer...ABSOLUTELY NOT

Do I think he has used the religious right, liberal hating, ignorant uninformed in this country for the financial benefit of himself, and his oil rich friends, YES I DO!

Do I believe he is the pios, God Fearing Christian he protrays...HELL NO! And neither is Laura or Barney!

The Iraqis know what he's up to, too bad you don't.

Oh, FYI, I haven't lost any political debates... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dum, Dum da Dum da Dum...Goin' to a party in the county jail....

don't worry, I'm quite sure the Iraqis future opressors, American Oil, will buy this election for the repubs....they have too much at stake...everytime Bush talks about how much is at stake, he's talking about his pocket, and his oil contributors!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-18-2006, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I'm quite sure the Iraqis future opressors, American Oil, will buy this election for the repubs <hr /></blockquote>

Well, since the outcome of the election is already pre-determined, maybe your guys should just give up, save all that money they are going to waste running for office, and resign themselves to the fact that there is nothing they can do. The republicans already own every election, according to you. Or maybe they don't agree with you either /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in MD
10-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Hey Steve, these days, it's called vote and hope, as in, vote and hope the votes get counted!

The Repubs will have a hard time pulling off another election fraud this time, but, given their perpetual State Of Denial and the Hubris they fed us going into Iraq, along with the Fiasco their leadership created there, I think their Political Seduction may not have the same affect, although, no doubt, they may still try to pull it off, Without Conscience !!!

moblsv
10-18-2006, 11:20 AM
down by 28%? Don't bother counting the votes at all, just stop the whole election.

"Down by a whopping 28% in the latest poll, Ohio Secretary of State and Republican Gubernatorial candidate Kenneth Blackwell has reached deep into his bag of (dirty) tricks in a last-ditch attempt to rescue his flagging campaign...by orchestrating a challange to Ted Strickland's voter residency."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/13/15952/289

Gayle in MD
10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Why am I not at all surprised /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Gayle, you are beating a dead horse. The Republicans can't win ...can't stop the twin albatross of Bush/Foley from circling overhead...or are those merely vultures waiting for the right wing carrion?...and anybody that can fog a mirror knows they can't win..Steve knows it...Ed went into seclusion...Deeman may be the only one out of the loop
Even Diebold and Jean Harris can't save them this time. Or is that Katherine Harris? I think Jean just killed one person...Katherine's got to share the guilt over hundreds of thousands.
Only another terrorist attack, timed just before the elections, could keep the status quo in Congress.

Gayle in MD
10-18-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't think a terror attack could help them now that it has been fully documented that their complete neglect of our safety when they got emergency warnings three months before 9/11, failed to pull their attention off invading Iraq, and they didn't even have a meeting about the Intelligence warnings, unprecedented warnings, I might add.

No wonder Bush tried to stop the investigation, but, he needn't have worried, they managed to avoid asking the pertinent questions, which would have shown their indifference, and failure to prevent the coming attack.

Another attack, after most Americans have witnessed Bush's lack of interest in getting bin Laden, and the total distraction from our safety, getting an F, and the recent NSE stating that he has put us in MORE danger, another attack, would only prove that he failed to protect us again, and even made us MORE vulnerable.

Let's face it, He's down to just Barney and Laura, but he $till Want$ To $tay the Cour$e!