PDA

View Full Version : 5280 cues

07-16-2002, 05:26 AM
Anyone have info on the cues? Price range etc?

I would like to know more about the cues.

Kato
07-16-2002, 06:04 AM
I've not even seen one.

Kato

Chris Cass
07-16-2002, 10:05 AM
Hey Anon,
What's the 5280 cue? I don't think you mean 5280. I've heard of 4:20 but never 5280. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~wow a beginner poster....

Scott Lee
07-16-2002, 10:25 AM
Chris, Chris, Chris...LOL You should know better! There has already been a thread on these cues. The 5280 is the new graphite/wood cue being made and sold by Cuestix, for Corey Deuel! The cue makes it's debut in two weeks at the BCA Trade Show. I suspect it will sell in the same range as Archer's Scorpion Cue line...somewhere between $150-$180.
The 5280 number is a reference to Denver (Mile High City), and home to Cuestix (actually they are in Boulder).

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
07-16-2002, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Chris, Chris, Chris...LOL You should know better! There has already been a thread on these cues. The 5280 is the new graphite/wood cue being made and sold by Cuestix, for Corey Deuel! The cue makes it's debut in two weeks at the BCA Trade Show. I suspect it will sell in the same range as Archer's Scorpion Cue line...somewhere between $150-$180.
The 5280 number is a reference to Denver (Mile High City), and home to Cuestix (actually they are in Boulder).

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote>..........
Coincidentally, 5280 is also the sku number for a matching fishing line at Walmart should one decide to fish with this graphite clad stick. Don't forget the reel.
Joey~ My game sukks but not my cues~

07-16-2002, 11:02 AM
WHAT IS WITH ALL THE PRO'S COMING OUT WITH THIS GRAFITE CUE ? WHAT HAPPEN 2 WOODEN SHAFTS THEY PLAY 2 GOOD WITH WOOD? CAN SOMEBODY HELP WITH THE QUESTION...

Pizza Bob
07-16-2002, 11:05 AM
DEADSTROKE:

Here's your answer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Cueless Joey
07-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Cheaper to make, more money for the makers. They don't have to use maple. They can use raminwood under, coat it with fiberglass or graphite. Finish them up with lovely colors. Presto! Best-selling cues in the world.
They asked Earl about two years ago why his game came back. He said he went back to his "old" taper. Hmm, I thought he played with a stock Cuetec.

Michelle
07-16-2002, 02:49 PM
actually, all of the ramin-wood cues out there were taken off of the shelves...apparantly it is now an endangered wood (no kidding), so they must be using something a little better than ramin.

Cueless Joey
07-16-2002, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Michelle:</font><hr> actually, all of the ramin-wood cues out there were taken off of the shelves...apparantly it is now an endangered wood (no kidding), so they must be using something a little better than ramin. <hr></blockquote>......
My bad Michelle. Thanks for the tip.
Hmm, bamboo perhaps? Take the bamboo shoots, cook em with coconut milk and corn. Yumyum. The rest of the grass? Pool cues. :-)

9 Ball Girl
07-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Then while you're playing and you start to feel tired and weak and you need a health kick, you can start chewing on your cue! LMAO /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
07-16-2002, 03:20 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: 9 Ball Girl:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Then while you're playing and you start to feel tired and weak and you need a health kick, you can start chewing on your cue! LMAO /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
I thought that's what chalks are for? LOL
Green chalks, taste like chicken.

Chris Cass
07-17-2002, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Chris, Chris, Chris...LOL You should know better! There has already been a thread on these cues. The 5280 is the new graphite/wood cue being made and sold by Cuestix, for Corey Deuel! The cue makes it's debut in two weeks at the BCA Trade Show. I suspect it will sell in the same range as Archer's Scorpion Cue line...somewhere between $150-$180.

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote>

My Bad.....

C.C.~~crs coming on strong.......lol Are you ever gonna play some with me? lol (not woofing cash, just fun)

DEADSTOKE32
07-17-2002, 10:36 AM
THAT IS WHAT I CALL CUTTING OUT THE BULL$@#%* AND TELLING THE TRUTH...LMAO...

Scott Lee
07-17-2002, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> My Bad.....

C.C.~~crs coming on strong.......lol Are you ever gonna play some with me? lol (not woofing cash, just fun) <hr></blockquote>

Chris...LOL! What? You didn't get enough of me LAST time? LMAO You might think you forgot HOW to break, if I start racking for ya again...like last time! Seriously, I told Jim that if I am unable to meet up with you two on this trip, I will try to stop in on my way to Knoxville in mid August.

Scott ~ uses 'magic' to keep sharks like CC from running out off the break!

Tommy_Davidson
07-17-2002, 12:49 PM
&gt; I hear ya on the 4:20 reference there,Chris. Tommy D.

Chris Cass
07-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Tommy,

Your on the ball. ahahhah LMAO

C.C.~~my best bud.....shhhhhh