PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann's latest commentary

moblsv
10-18-2006, 08:38 PM
is available at the usual location

Countdown Special Comment: Death of Habeas Corpus: “Your words are lies, Sir.”

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/18/countdown-special-comment-death-of-habeas-corpus-your-words-are-lies-sir/

Gayle in MD
10-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Isn't he fabulous though! I think Keith has been a real National Treasure, along with Lou Dobbs, and Anderson Cooper.

How far is it from autocracy, to fascism?

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
10-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Moblsv My keyboard has been silenced. I love George Bush but why doesn't my reflection in my screen show that.I hate to say it but I might even take even money on GWB over turning the two term limit for President.####

DickLeonard
10-19-2006, 05:07 AM
DickLeonard you forgot to add, For the Good of the Country of Course.####

Gayle in MD
10-19-2006, 06:20 AM
LOL, I can just hear it now, ...

In the interest of National Security, and until Laura and Barney decide I'm wrong, I am adding this signing statement to the recent Partisan Democratic dicision that I not be allowed to continue my Presidency beyond the traditional term. It is my duty, to keep America safe, and I, as the decider, am in total agreement with myself, regarding this urgent National Security decision.

snap snap click click...

"Ah, Mr. President, could you tell us, is there any progress in Iraq, and do you have any information regarding bin Laden's present location?"

"He's hiding, I don't know where he is, I don't think about him."

snap snap click click

"But ...but, Mr. President..."

"Tony, lock him up!"

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

reggie182
10-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Does Olbermann every invite anyone who disagrees with him on his program? I've seen his guest lists before at www.olbermannwatch.com (http://www.olbermannwatch.com) (a great site for info about Edward R. Olbermann), and he always seems to invite the same four or five Democrats to his program. Is this because he considers conservative opinion to be inherently invalid, or is he just too chicken to debate anyone?

Gayle in MD
10-19-2006, 07:01 AM
LOL, gee, I don't work there, so I can only guess that since he is so committed to the truth, inviting conservatives would be ineffective, and the antithesis of his goal, to get the truth out. I'd hardly think that he's a coward, or, as you put it, a chicken, since he has had the courage to call a Presidential lies, ...lies, regardless of the growing dangers Americans, and particularly American reporters, face these days, when stating the truth. Even our celebrated heros, of past wars, are not considered above the label of traitor, for this administration. Now we have no Habeas Corpus, the decider may just have him declared an enemy combatant, and throw him in jail. However, if you really want to view the hardball type interview, I highly recommend both Lou Dobbs, and Chris Mathews, whose no-spin, non partisan debates, with people of all imaginable political persuasions are intensely revealing. Or, you could read Bob Woodward's new book, State Of Denial or Hibris or Fiasco any and all of which would offer you many examples of why Keith doesn't bother inviting Republicans on his show.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
10-19-2006, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> Does Olbermann every invite anyone who disagrees with him on his program? I've seen his guest lists before at www.olbermannwatch.com (http://www.olbermannwatch.com) (a great site for info about Edward R. Olbermann), and he always seems to invite the same four or five Democrats to his program. Is this because he considers conservative opinion to be inherently invalid, or is he just too chicken to debate anyone? <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with you, I like the guy, i think he is pretty honest and accurate on his assessments but i too would like to see him bring in more diverse opinions... let him put those people on the spot and hammer them till they tell the truth.

moblsv
10-19-2006, 07:56 AM
He did have Ashcroft on the other night.

Honestly, it does worry me to watch somebody who is taking a side, but in this media circus where we have entire networks dedicated to slandering anyone who doesn't tow the line of the right, it is good to see somebody who is willing to take off the gloves and fight back. Democrats, Moderates, sane people, have been sitting back thinking that the truth will prevail for too long. It has become all too obvious that most people are too lazy to search out the truth and will follow the loudest voice. Olbermann is giving the truth that loud voice.

pooltchr
10-19-2006, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> we have entire networks dedicated to slandering anyone who doesn't tow the line of the right, <hr /></blockquote>

You must have found some networks that aren't on my cable list!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Well said, Moblsv, Keith's show, though, isn't aimed as much at debate, in the traditional, right-wing/Christian, insulting style that goes over so well with the O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, screaming right wing types viewer. He seems to target the top news stories of the day, and then add some common sense, editiorial style, reality/opinion, as an answer to the BS that the others keep screaming about. I guess they think, if they scream long enough and hard enough, people will buy their BS! I like the way he provides statistical information, to expose the mythological "Talking Points" being broadcast daily by the right.

He may also think, that since he follows shows like Wolf Blitzer's "Situation Room" and Lou Dobbs, and Anderson Cooper, which provide much more interview-style programming, his offering provides viewers with a unique, more personal, summation of the events of the day, with some light hearted commentary mixed in, along the way.

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
10-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Inviting conservatives would be ineffective in pursuit of the truth? LOL Please try to pay close attention to Keith's "facts" as they are nothing more left wing distortions. This man is nothing more than a vile smear merchant who is well known to be personally despised by his colleagues, and has a bizarre fixation on Bill O'Reilly, who kicks the crap out of him in the ratings every night (it's really pathetic to cry constantly about people who are more successful than you). Tony Snow had it right when he said you could fit all of Keith's friends in a telephone booth. He's a pompous moron with laughable ratings.

Also, Habeas Corpus has not been suspended for any American citizen. The U.S. Constitution still applies to U.S. CITIZENS, as it always has. If Keith thinks otherwise, he is either confused, or lying. I think it's the latter.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 08:06 AM
When it comes to lies, obviously, you have been buying into them with great vigor, LOL. YOU are confused. I don't think you are lying, because one must have accurate information to lie about, before they can tell a lie. LMAO!

Also, when it comes to truth, the last place one would look these days, is in the direction of the Neocons. Tony Snow lies every single time he gives a press conference, as does Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, AND PARTICULARLY O'Reiley. No point in the two of us arguing about it. What I am saying, is well documented, through many many books, documentaries, AND National Security Estimates.

Anyone, who advances to expose the lies and corruption of this administration, the neocon movement, and the right wing press, has my life long admiration, as they have damaged our country, and the world, in severe ways.

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
10-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Please explain how a U.S. citizen is in jeopardy of losing their rights to Writ of Habeas Corpus. I'd be curious to learn this,and you seem like you would be anxious to explain.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Go read it for yourself. I'm sure you can find it. It's all up to the Decider! He determines when it can be denied. If you want a known liar, who approves of torture, and lies about sending us into a war, to be calling the shots about whether or not you are denied Habeas Corpus, that's your call. Just don't get on here and put out false information. He has broken our laws, over and over. Broken our International Agreements, over and over. Lied, over and over. And been given a blank check from his republican majority, to continue, and to avoid any oversight. He then say's..."Trust me."

I have no desire to explain. The facts are the facts, and you are not aware of them.

While you're at it, google Bush/SigningStatements. Then FISA law. Then Geneva Conventions. Then AbuGarabe. Then Bush/Rendition. Then Bush/State Of The Union/YellowCake.

Then go and read our latest National Security Estimate, and check out Bob Woodward's book.

There is a virtual LIBRARY available on Bush's, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld's lies. You won't find the information on FAUX NEWS! Or any other right wing media propaganda station, TV, or radio.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Gayle, while the bill denies Habeas Corpus for terror suspects...who decides who is a terror suspect? Another Sen. Joe McCarthy clone, maybe? Therein lies the danger of the bill...it's possible misuse. I wonder if the guy shipped off to Iran for torture, is still thinking "it can't happen to me, I'm an American"
http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/800/14845/1142714140/oasc04.247realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/Nation/00_House_Top/Nation_A728x90.gif

DickLeonard
10-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Wolfdancer I love the picture of GWB dressed up in his fancy air force uniform looking out a pair of binoculars with the caps on the end.####

reggie182
10-20-2006, 10:57 AM
LOL. As if I would go to every left wing moonbat site on the internet to look for facts! Actually, the truth is that any U.S. citizen's right of writ of habeas corpus are not threatened, this is just left wing propoganda and distortion. Unfortunately a large number of radical leftists seem more concerned with the rights of terrorists than with the security of innocent U.S. citizens. They hate conservatives more than they do Islamo-facists.

reggie182
10-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Actually Gayle, I decided to take your advice and found this helpful link:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YWNlMjg3YWRlNmNjMTk0NDc1NzE0ZWI2YzBlOGRlNzU=

Enjoy!

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Gayle, GWB got the idea for humane torture from watching
"Crimson Tide" (the movie, not the Ala. football team)
It was the part about training the Lipizzaner stallions by inserting a cattle prod in their rectum..."it's a matter of voltage"
We could probably get Deeman to become Hillary's campaign manager....with the right voltage

Deeman3
10-20-2006, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> We could probably get Deeman to become Hillary's campaign manager....with the right voltage <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

You already know that I am more in favor of Hillary running for President than anyone else on this earth. By the way, last night that right wing comedian, Jay Leno said that Monica Lewinski has apparently "changed team" in that she is now "very close" to a Bi-woman she is spending a lot of quality time with. Jay said, "If Hillary gets elected, she'll be under that desk again!" </font color>

DeeMan
doesn't believe it for a minute....Monica that is....

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh blah blah blah blah...yeah, you're new here huh? We patriots are on to those BS accusations, all must follow the fuhrer...go suck Rove's ***, he'll love ya!

Don't bother reading our own National Security Estimate, you wouldn't want to cloud up your RNC talking points with any reality. Seventy percent of the American public, that see through Bush's lies, love the terrorists, lol...you other 30% love open borders, presidents and secretarys of state, who refuse to heed critical warnings of impending attacks, but are expert at opening the door for terrorists to bomb and kill thousands here, but, that wasn't enough, right? More blood shed, multiplying terrorist numbers, and fulfilling the wishes of Osama bin Laden, Iran and North Korea, by de-stabalizing the entire Middle East. But, 16 National Security Agencies, are wrong, and you're right, LMAO!

I'll send you a crying towel after we terrorist lovers finish voting, and get busy with our usual job after your party finishes...cleaning up all the manuer behind your Republican BS...all the fractured laws, rights, and principles, debt and corruption you right wing nuts leave in your wake.... AGAIN!

Frankly, I don't care what you think. There are Government links you can access which I would think you could find on google. That was what I was suggesting. Don't bother, it would be a wast for someone who's floating in Kool Aid, and reading right wing rags.

reggie182
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM
We love open borders? Are you saying the Democrats are the party of enforcing immigration laws? Actually I think Bush's personal stance on immigration is horrendous (it's the same as Ted Kennedy's and the rest of the lefties after all).
I began posting on this thread to comment about Keith Overbite's nonsensical rants about Habeas Corpus being suspended (that hasn't happened since Franklin Roosevelt (D) rounded up Japanese-Americans and put them in internment camps), not to shill for any particular politician.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice try...BUT, your accusations that the left loves terrorists, and Islamo Fascists, give you away.

You're wrong. Bush reserves the right to determine who get's tortured, and who get's denied Habeas Corpus, period. The fuhrer, the decider, the one with the "eckeckelectic" reading taste, you know, the one who says that anything less than leaving our troops to be slaughtered, without enough boots on the ground, has a cut and run policy. The one, like you, who labels those who properly see his foreign policies as stupidity, as being for the terrorists. You know the guy, the one who leaves the prosecution of a war to a man who by overwhelming popular opinion among career REtired Generals, copngressman and women, Senators, etc., say does not know what in the hell he's doing. The great divider. The Rhinestone Cowboy, with a bunch of grapes in the crotch of his AF suit! The gay rights attacker, who only kisses Arab Prince's, and sells our port contracts, to the Arab country that transports weapons to our enemies, and refuses to use a check list for known terrorists. You know the guy, the one who can't say NUCLEAR, but professes to be expert in sniffing out WMD's, who doesn't know there is an S in Doesn't, wasn't, and who can't get his "Meshish" out and make Americans think that there is a connection between Iraq, and terrorism,... because there wasn't, till he went there.

I'm not shilling for any particular politician either. I'm just telling you, Bush, the great decider, who decided on the worst policy decision in over two hundred years, is the one who reserves the right to make that decision. Of course, if he makes it wrongly, he can refuse to back it up. He can just say no, for National Security reasons. Yeah, that's the ticket....he can just say no, hence, innocent people HAVE been tortured, AND jailed. Is that the kind of country you can be proud of? Are the people who are so terrified of terrorists, they gleefully give away their Bill Of Rights, and privacy, to a liar, and then call War Heros, cowards?

Sorry, that's the thirty percent in this country, most from the "FLY OVER" states... who are destroying it. If the rest of this country were like them, we'd all still be standing on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, waiting for the Indians to show us how to plant a potato, and shuck an oyster, praying for God to send some food.

Gayle in Md. Never had anything against the fly overs, till they put Bush into office. Funny thing is, they're the only ones still supporting him, even after he turned his back on stopping 9/11, and getting the guy who planned it..."I don't know where he is, he's hiding, I don't think about him." Bush on bin Laden...

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, maybe you don't like George....most President's popularity goes down a bit in the second term.....but think about all the good he has done and all he has accomplished....OK you can't think of anything and there were a few errors, but Let's move on here...how about Jeb, or Neil to continue the fine work?.....or even Arnold?
If you thought GWB cut a fine heroic figure on that flight deck, in his pilot's outfit....Imagine how our enemies will tremble at the thought of "The Terminator" as Commander in Chief?
Let's hope he doesn't have any steroid induced flashbacks, while he's playing with the Black box.
Seriously,this country would be the laughing stock of the world if Arnold is the Republican candidate. And if either Jeb or Neil is the front runner....imagine how the guys caught and convicted, now serving time for corruption would feel! "And justice for all"

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
"......and sells our port contracts, to the Arab country that transports weapons to our enemies,"

Gayle, as George Bush said about his sons "You can't fault the boys for trying to make a few bucks"

reggie182
10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Bush
Derangment
Syndrome

Do you think Bush is responsible for dandruff and the milk you let spoil in the refrigerator too? Sheesh people, get a grip.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Everything I listed in my post is a result of his decisions. If you want to debate them, fine, if you just want to get on here and defend the worst president in the history of this country, go right ahead, it is the "Innernets" as Georgie would say, right? Don't get on here and call 70% of the American People terrorist lovers, for having a bad opinion about a president who refuses to protect Americans, and American Troops, the laws of our land, the Constitution and Bill of Rights, our borders, and ports, Bubba. His failures are unprecedented. His autocracy, is unamerican. His policies are wrong and dangerous. His decisions, make all international relations worse, and increase our danger here. It is in the National Intelligence Estimate.

Gayle in Md. Wake up!

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
To begin, LMAO at his being the worst President in history. That is just hysterical hyperbole (see Bush Derangement Syndrome). I think Jimmy Carter takes that award in a walk. As for some of your reactions to what I posted, I think for the sake of accuracy you might review what I actually said. Contrary to your post, I never said that 70% of the American people are terrorist lovers. I said that "a large number of RADICAL LEFTISTS seem more concerned with the rights of terrorists than with the security of innocent U.S. citizens. They hate conservatives more than they do Islamo-facists." Give yourself a challenge by debating people fairly.

Also, this President is working hard to protect Americans. You may disagree with his methods, which is a fair position to take, but implying he refuses to do anything about our safety is letting warped hatred supercede calm reason. As for all the other bilious statements, it might behoove you to provide substanative examples of Bush's mission against the Constitution. Which Amendments to the Constitution is he violating or trying to eliminate? If you think it is all of them, give me an example of one of them. If you consider Bush to be Hitler, Pol Pot, and Jeffrey Dahmer to the tenth power, think through your position long enough to be able to back it up.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Oh, don't want to be specific regarding the specific statements I made, to back up my criticism of Bush, huh? I din't think so. This is the way it works. I post what I think, if you don't agree, say why. I can defend everything I write.

The simplist way for you to get a thorough education on the damage Bush has created, is to read the National Intelligence Estimate, produced by 16 of our National Intelligence Agencies.

As for Jimmy Carter, he didn't lead us into a war, on lies. Bush did. Woodward's book, State Of Denial is a thorough documentation of the unprecedented, (know what that means)incompetence of this administration, their failure to react in a timely fashion, to the unprecedent warnings of the impending 9/11 attack, which could have easilty been prevented, had our President, and his neocon cabinet members, been concerned about protecting us from 9/11, instead of how they were going to get their hot little hands on Iraqi oil, and includes their lies to the American public, with pertinent graphs, and documented statements.

The book Hubris is a further accounting of the lies manufactured by the Bush Administration.

The book Fiasco offers a thorough accounting of the incompetence of this administration in prosecuting the War. BTW, none of these books were written by radical left-wing traitors.

As for his failure to protect us, he was given an F, by a panel of non partisan advisors, whose judgments fall right in line with reports from respected journalists.

As for the many many laws he has broken, if you took any interest in finding the truth, you'd certainly know about them.

If you wish to address any of the statements I make about George Bush, the worst president in the history of this country, then do so. I can back up everything I write about him.

I never said you said 70% of the American people are terrorist lovers. I am suggesting to you that you're indoctrination into the Republican Party's taliking points, and Faux News, is very obvious. My point is, that 70% of the American people, disapprove of the job Bush is doing, thinks we are heading in the wrong direction, and think that George Bush lied us into this war. He only has, by some accounts, a 28% approval rating, and not much higher in the right-wing statistics, the lowest on record. He qualifies as the worst president in history, to date, according to the opinions of Americans. AND, the rest of the world, agrees.

Now, if you wish to address any of these factual points, then do so. We can surely take them one by one, however, I'd just as soon not bother. You have already made up your mind, therefore I would just as soon have you drift off back into the oblivion from which you draw your opinions, rather than confuse you with the facts.

George Bush is a liar, period. I can prove it, very easily. 70% of us know it, and 70% of us know that his decision to invade Iraq, is the single worst decision ever made by an American President, including Jimmy Carter, who was responsible, btw, for ending one of the longest, most critical grudges in the Middle East, without firing a single shot, and was, and is, known to this day for his honesty, and integrity.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
10-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Are you guys talking about the same country,where terrorist smash planes into towers,and the President swings into action,with bad intelligence,that weapons of mass destruction are within a short time frame going to be produced in Iraq,and when he is told,there is nothing to that story,by his own intelligence,he orders a war against Iraq, to establish a free democratic republic,of course we have countries that join in the war believeing they are fighting terrorism, they never provided more than five percent of the fighting force,and soon left,after they realized the people of Iraq did not want them there? Is this the country where they could not connect Osama Bin Ladan,with Saddam? I think it probably is,and the country is in a state of civil war. I would like to ask Reggie one question......If the President says there are parallels with Viet Nam,and the majority of people from both countries don't want us there,and our boys a walking around waiting to get shot,I have to ask,what is our exit plan,or are we going to hang around tell the Dems take us out?

reggie182
10-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Jimmy Carter IS the worst President in the history of this nation, and here is why:

Feckless and weak leadership during the national humiliation of the Iranian hostage crisis. His only action was to authorize a poorly planned and ultimately failed rescue attempt.

Inflation at 11 percent!

Interest rates approaching 20 percent!

Carter raised the capital gains tax rate to 49% in 1977 - the S &amp; P 500 went down by more than 11 percent the following year.

Gas lines (remember those?)

The invasion of Afghanistan by a Soviet Union unintimidated by Jimmah Carter. (His response? Boycott the 1980 Olympics)

Today he schmoozes with murderous dictators while criticizing and attempting to undermine our current Chief of Staff. The man was and is a twit.

As for your other points, let me try to address them:

"As for Jimmy Carter, he didn't lead us into a war, on lies. Bush did."

Intelligence immediately before the Iraq War held by many nations aside from the United States strongly suggested the presence of WMDs. To this day, in fact, it is not entirely clear that the WMDs were not simply removed from the country in anticipation of our invasion. Achieving perfection in the veracity of our intelligence is an unachievable goal. There is almost always a diversity in the opinions that constitute our intelligence as a whole. CIA Director George Tenet (a man appointed originally by Bill Clinton)called Iraq having WMDs a "slam-dunk".

Consider this, for the sake of argument let's stipulate that their was a presence of WMDs (again, a President can't possibly KNOW, he has to make a judgement call based on the info he is given). The President decides not to invade Iraq, and those WMDs end up in the hands of those who do American citizens great harm. What does the President say to the American people? How does he explain his inaction after many people are killed? "I'm sorry, the majority of our intelligence suggested that Iraq continued to possess these weapons, and even though I saw thousands of Americans killed by terrorists on 9/11, I just wanted to give peace a chance." He made what he thought was the best decision for the protection of this nation based on the information he had. Should this decision have been made with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight? That remains to be seen. If we are able to stablize a democracy in that region (admittedly a very difficult goal) then this could turn out to be a benevolent decision of historic proportions. If it fails, it may turn out to be another Viet Nam. History will tell. Personally I hope it succeeds. Hopefully that is your wish too.

"get their hot little hands on Iraqi oil,"

Do you believe in the Loch Ness monster as well? To make a criminal accusation such as that requires the accuser to provide evidence. Please don't give me the name of another book someone has written. There are a million Michael Moore clones out there wearing tin foil hats who will tell you that GWB is a vampire, and will gleefully provide a conspiracy theory to back it up. If you honestly believe Bush executed this war in order to somehow profit someday off of stolen Iraqi oil, the decent thing to do
would be to outline the money trail from start to finish. Good luck.

"He only has, by some accounts, a 28% approval rating, and not much higher in the right-wing statistics, the lowest on record."

First, I'd like to see your source for that approval rating. As of today, it is 37% according to CBS News. A 28% rating would be very low, but not the worst ever. Harry Truman's approval rating late in his term dipped down to 25%.

"George Bush is a liar, period. I can prove it, very easily."

Again, if we are talking primarily about the issue of WMDs, then knock yourself out. If you can prove (again, don't refer me to read one of these kool-aid books) that the majority of intelligence suggested a non-presence of WMDs, and he proceeded with the operation knowing them not to be there, I would be interested to hear that.

"If you wish to address any of the statements I make about George Bush, the worst president in the history of this country, then do so. I can back up everything I write about him."

Go right ahead.

reggie182
10-21-2006, 10:38 AM
To Harry Swiver:

The President made the comparison to Viet Nam strictly in the context of a question that was asked about the Tet Offensive. The NV attacked on the Tet holiday to demoralize our side and weaken our resolve. Bush answered that an increase in insurgent attacks could be considered analogous to that.

Drop1
10-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Well,that explains eveything,pass the cool aid.

reggie182
10-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I would Harry, but it seems the people in the BD rant room have been hoarding the stuff.

wolfdancer
10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Well, Gwb wasn't a history major for nothing, but I am surprised he knew what "analogous" meant.
It's that razor sharp mind, instantaneous grasp of key issues,incisive decision making,and on a humane level, the warmth, charm, and caring that he exudes, that have led many to call him our greatest President...not that many right now, in fact, only one...but the numbers will grow, as his legendary impact on the future of this country, is revealed.
While I think "the greatest" is a misused superlative (with the exception of Ali)...I have to admit reluctently, since I am a Democrat...that yes, indeed...GWB represents the current Republican Party leadership, it's principles, and it's ethics well!
Definately a man for his time!!
And like Ken Lay will never be indicted for any "alledged" wrongdoings

Gayle in MD
10-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Well now, do tell me what you think qualifies as reliable information. If you don't accept the findings of our own National Intelligence Estimate, regarding the major disaster Georg Bush has created, then what do you deem feliable information.

Bush, and Cheney, badgered everybody around them, and built a case for this war, period. They used sources that were know liars, left out all intel which stated that it would be highly unlikely that Saddam had eny WMD's, and they heavy handed the CIA to produce what amounted to a Madison Avenue Advertisment for WMD's in Iraq.

There have been over a hundred books written about Bush, documenting his lies, both before and after he invaded Iraq, for no good reason. The Iraq invasion was planned before he ever stole the White House.

Why do you think he tried to stop the 9/`11 investigation? Why do you think he refused to talk with Bod Woodward, after he learned that Woodward, had managed to get classified documents, that proved many of his lies?

If you can't see that George Bush is a liar, it's a waste of time discussing anything with you.

Go find someone from his flock, one of those dumb smelly sheep, they love ya to death!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Gayle, you can argue with Reggie until the cows, or sheep come home...but it's useless...he's a dyed-in-the wool Bush fan.
See, no, hear no, speak no.....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Monkeys-nikko-japan.jpg

reggie182
10-21-2006, 07:15 PM
As I said before, this is just a case of:

Bush
Derangement
Syndrome

You both have become so filled with hatred that it has warped your thinking. You seem to think that if a person doesn't hate GWB as much as you do, or attribute every nepharious motive imaginable to his actions, then they must not be able to think for themselves. People who know me would find some of your comments hilariously ignorant. I was very critical of his position on immigration, some of his cabinet choices, and his politically liberal tendencies on social spending. I have never shilled for him. If you had bothered to read my posts carefully you would know that. You are exclusively fixated on the fact that I have not joined your never-ending Bushhatefest, and have chosen to lash out emotionally rather substanatively.

If you are interested in real debate as opposed to just spewing forth mantras from Democratic Underground, Daily Kos, et al, you might want to offer response to the following questions:

Do you deny that George Tenet advised the President of the certainty of WMDs?

Do you deny that the intelligence agencies of other nations such as Great Britain, and even France assumed their presence as well?

Didn't Sadam's behaviour give indication of a presence of WMDs?

Didn't Iraqi artillery fire on our military aircraft in the no fly zone for ten years violate the cease-fire agreement and constitute an act of war?

As I said before, history has not yet revealed whether this was the right decision, or not. Time will tell. However, if it does turn out to be successful, a lot of the foamers are going to have to find another issue PDQ to chastise Republicans over (like the "Nuclear freeze" people, LOL, they were sooooo wrong)

Peace out

Sid_Vicious
10-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Why do you think he tried to stop the 9/`11 investigation? Why do you think he refused to talk with Bod Woodward, after he learned that Woodward, had managed to get classified documents, that proved many of his lies?

Yea, I'd enjoy a response from that as well.

reggie wrote: " As I said before, history has not yet revealed whether this was the right decision, or not. Time will tell.

Time? You mean like VNam, where we had an even better statistical chance of winning and nearly 60K American soldiers went to their graves? You are beating a dead horse my friend. Bush is simply put, and idiot with an idiotic policy, just in place to produce wealth for the wealthy off of this war, THAT'S IT! Stay the course? Put his personal family members on the front line of this war and we'll see how policy changes...sid~~~still remembers the answer when asking righties, "If you could turn back time to the middle of the VNam war, after knowing now in the future of the futility and the death count of VN, would you have stopped that war?" sadly not one said they would, SUCKS!

eg8r
10-23-2006, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh blah blah blah blah...yeah, you're new here huh? We patriots are on to those BS accusations, all must follow the fuhrer...go suck Rove's ***, he'll love ya! <hr /></blockquote> Well, if that isn't trailer park trash. What a lady. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
10-23-2006, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Oh blah blah blah blah...yeah, you're new here huh? We patriots are on to those BS accusations, all must follow the fuhrer...go suck Rove's ***, he'll love ya! <hr /></blockquote> Well, if that isn't trailer park trash. What a lady. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

This? From the same lady who got all upset about my verbage in a thread about unwanted pregnancy???

I think there is a double standard showing up here. When a political debate is reduced to potty-mouth garbage, it's time for me to check out. I will be ignoring the rest of this particular thread.
Steve

Deeman3
10-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Remember, Gayle is not capable of hate. She is full of love but just disagrees with GWB.

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Undoubtedly! This guy is living in a dream world! The righties are getting desperate! The more desperate they get, over present circumstances, the more they go digging into the past.

Republicans took the National interest off bin Laden, with their sour grapes, and voyeristic addiction to personal sexual behavior, which wasn't illegal behavior, BTW, between two consenting adults. They crippled the whole country, with investigations, as bin Laden laid his plans. Terror attacks had taken place around the world during many Administrations. The worst of which, came on 9/11, after a three month warning to the Bush administration. Tenet, insisted on an emergency meeting with Rice, the President's National Security Advisor at that time. He is quoted as saying that she blew him off. No follow up to his concerns was ever taken.

From Woodwards book...

For months Tenet had been pressing Rice to set a clear counterterrorism policy, including specific presidential orders called findings that would give the CIA stronger authority to conduct covert action against bin Laden. Perhaps a dramatic apperaance-Black called it an "out of cycle" session, beyond Tenet's regular weekly meeting with Rice-would get her attention.

Tenet had been losing sleep over the recent intelligence he'd seen. There was no conclusive, smoking-gun intelligence, but there was such a huge volume of data that an intelligence officer's instinct strongly suggested that something was coming. He and Black hoped to convey the depth fo their anxiety and get Rice to kick -start the government into immediate action.

Tenet, 48, the husky, gregarious son of Greek immigrants, had been head of the CIA for four years. He was the only Clinton administration holdover to serve on George W. Bush's National Security Council, and thus the only NSC member who had been serving in November and December 1999, just before the Millennium, when a series of worldwide alQaeda plots had been disrupted. The current situation seemed reminiscent to Tenet.

Now Tenet thought he was seeing something similar, possibly much worse. The NSA was intercepting ominous conversations among bin Laden's people-more than 34 in all-in which they made foreboding declarations about an approaching "Zero Hour" and a ponouncement that "Something spectacular is coming." Ten days earlier, on June 30, Tenet had ordered all his station chiefs to share al Qaeda intelligence with friendly local governments abroad and argue that their intelligence services should disrupt suspected terrorist cells in their countries. As he'd done in 1999, after the NSA intercepted a phone call by a bin Laden ally saying "The time for training is over." The intercept had led to the break up of attacke in Jordan and Isreal. A 32 year old Algerian jihadist, Ahmed Ressam, had been caught trying to enter the United States from Canada before Christmas 1999 with explosives for an attack on Los Angeles International Airport. Tenet had called the CIA to battle stations. "The American people are counting on you and me to take every appropriate step to protect them during this period," he said in a cable before the turn of the Millennium. There could be 15 or 20 attacks, he warned President Clinton. He spoke with the chiefs of 20 key friendly foreign intelligence services, triggering anti-terrorist operations and arreste in eight countries.

Notice how quickly these attacks were prevented under Clinton's Administration!

Back to July 3...

Now Tenet thought he was seeing something similar, possibly much worse. The NSA was intercepting ominous conversations among bin Laden's people-more than 34 in all-in which they made foreboding declarations about an approaching "Zero Hour" and a pronouncment that "Something spectacular is coming"

Ten days earlier, on Jume 30, Tenet had ordered all his station chiefs to share al Qaeda intelligence with friendly local governments abroad and argue that their intelligence services should disrupt suspected terrorist cells in their countries. As he'd done in 1999, Tenet followed up on July 3 with personal calls or contacts with the chiefs of the same 20 friendly foreign intelligence services, asking them to detain named al Qaeda suspects in their countries and harass members of other terrorist cells affiliated with al Qaeda.

But Tenet had been having difficulty getting traction on an immediate bin Laden action plan, in part because Rumsfeld had questioned all the NSA intercepts and other intelligence. Could all theis be a grand deception? Rumsfeld had asked. Perhaps it was a plan to measure U.S. reactions and defenses. Tenet had the NSA review all the intercepts. They concluded they were genuine al Qaeda communicationsl. On Jume 30, a TOP SECRET senior executive intelligence grief contained an article headlined, "Bin Laden Threats Are Real."

Tnent hoped his abrupt request for an immediate meeting would shake Rice. He and Blace, 52, a veteran covert operator with thinning hair and an improbably soft voice and manner who resembled a taller version of Karl Rove, had two main points when they met with her. First, al Qaeda was going to attack AMerican interests, possibly within the United States itself. Black emphasized that this amounted to a strategic plan and strategy. Second this was a major foreign policy problem that needed to be addressed imediately. They needed to act right now, that very moment, to undertake some action-covert, military, whatever-to thwart bin Laden.

The U.S. has human and technical sources, and all our intelligence is consistent, the two men told Rice. Black acknowledged that some of it was uncertain "Voodoo" but said it was often this "Voodoo" that was the best indicator.

"They both felt they were not getting through to Rice. She was polite, but they felt the brush-off. Bush had said he didn't want to swat at flies. As they all knew,, a coherent plan for covert action against bin Laden was in the pipeline, but it would take some time. In recent closed-door meetings the entire National Security Council apparatus had been considering action against bin Laden, including the use of a new secret weapon: the Predator unmanned aerialvehical, or drone, that could fire Hellfire missiles to kill him or his lieutenants. It looked like a possible solution, but there was a raging debate between the CIA and the Pentagon about who would pay for it and who would have aurhority to shoot. Besides, Rice had seemed focused on other administration proiorities, especially the ballistic missile defense system that Bush had campaigned on. She was in a different place.

Tenet left the meeting feeling frustrated. thought Rice had given them a fair hearing, no immediate action meant great risk. Black felt the decision to just keep planning was a sustained policy failure, Rice and the Bush team had been in hibernation too long. "Adults should not have a system like this," he said later.

The July 10, 2001 meeting with Tenet, Blace and Rice went unmentioned in the various reports of investigations into the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, but it stood out in the minds of both Tenet and Black as the starkest warning they had given the White House on bin Laden and al Qaeda. Though the investigators had access to all the paperwork about the meeting, Black felt there were things the comissions wanted to know about and things they didn't want to know about. There were questions they wanted to ask, and questions they didn't want to ask.

Moving ahead several chapters...

After Powell had toned down the idea of a Saddam-al Qaeda connection in his address to the U.N. on February 5, cheney wanted to give his own speech making the charge. Tenet was upset. It was bullshit. He wondered to his associate John Brennan, if he should step down. At the same time, Tenet did not want to be the disloyal intelligence director who folded in a national crisis or on the eve of war.

He went to the president. The CIA intelligence dows not support the conclusion of Cheney's proposed speech, he said. There is no prooof that Saddam had "authority, direction, and control" of any al Qaeda aid coming from Iraqa. If Cheney gives the speech, Tenet told the president, the CIA cannot and will not stand behind it. Bush backed Tenet. He told Cheney not to give the speech.

The book goes on the explain the pressure that was put upon all those in our intelligence arena to back down to the administrations hell bent goal of building a case for a connection between bin Laden and Saddam, and for WMD's in Iraq. There were warnings from every corner of our intelligence services, both at home, and abroad, that there was no connection, and that there were no WMD's in Iraq. When one studies the information which was given to the administration, and compares it to the information they used, it becomes very clear, they cherry picked all which supported their desire to occupy Iraq, and threw out anything that did not match their criterria. Further, many books have been written, by carrer individuals within the Intelligence Community, who resigned, and wrote books, telling their stories of the heavy handed pressure that the White House put upon all those in the Intelligence Field to help them to create intel supportive of their pre-determined policy, to invade Iraq.

Simultaneously, an FBI agent had gotten hold of a report that there were suspicious Middle Eastern men, at a certain flying school, in Florida, who were taking flying lessons, but were only interested in taking off, not landing.

there were also National Security Meetings, in the White House, where Intelligence personal have written that they did everything but jump up and down on the conference table, trying to get this administration to focus on bin Laden, and the impending attack. They were pushed out of the loop, as soon as they were labeled to be "Off the agenda" The Agenda, being, the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Hence, 9/11 went off without a hitch, bin Laden is still at large, still making plans, and the next attack, is still forth coming. Saddam had no WMD's, more people have died in Iraq, than on 9/11, the numbers of terrorists have greatly expanded, Iraq is a failed State, and Afghanistan is again in Kaos. Insufficient troop levels has long been the cry of combat experts. Bush and Rumsfeld tell the American People that they follow the advice of their commanders on the ground. That's the same thing they used to tell the American Public about their reasons for believing that Saddam had WMD's. If leaders refuse to listen to all but what they want to hear, people stop telling them. Although many have resigned in protest to this administrations false statements, and bunker mentality, our troops are still being slaughtered in Iraq, with not enough boots on the ground, because Rumsfeld refused to listen to commanders on the ground, and Bush has refused to fire him.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
10-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Oh Gayle, just chill out for a few seconds. Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGWcP0ByQIU

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Steve, It was your meaning, and the flavor of your post, that I objected to, bacause I though it was degrading to women. But, you're right, I got carried away, and shouldn't have posted my remarks about Sucking up to Karl Rove, but atleast I left out the offensive part. I don't think it was any worse than things that you, Dee, and Ed have posted here, either.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
[quote=Gayle in MD I don't think it was any worse than things that you, Dee, and Ed have posted here, either.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Perhaps, but we admit to being degenerate worthless scum. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Bingo...I always knew you guys suffered from low self esteem, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bingo...I always knew you guys suffered from low self esteem, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hell, girl! That ain't low self esteem! That's SOUTHERN BUBBA PRIDE!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh, well in that case, all's well, that ends well, lol...I do think, beyond our various differences of opinion, that all of us here, more than anything else, wish with all our hearts, that this mess in Iraq, will, ultimately, end well, and soon, for the sake of our troops, the Iraqis, and our country. And, that everything that has been sacrificed, in life, and treasure, will not have untimately been in vain. I, for one, think that we should be helping those who are being slaughtered in Darfur. While I believe Iraq was a drastic mistake, and that things are really in a huge mess presently, I do hope,with all my heart, and above everything else, that we can bring our people home as soon as possible, and that Iraq will fight for some reasonable form of Government, where no one is at the mercy of evil, violent people, and a corrupt Government.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Oh, well in that case, all's well, that ends well, lol...I do think, beyond our various differences of opinion, that all of us here, more than anything else, wish with all our hearts, that this mess in Iraq, will, ultimately, end well, and soon, for the sake of our troops, the Iraqis, and our country. And, that everything that has been sacrificed, in life, and treasure, will not have untimately been in vain. I, for one, think that we should be helping those who are being slaughtered in Darfur. While I believe Iraq was a drastic mistake, and that things are really in a huge mess presently, I do hope,with all my heart, and above everything else, that we can bring our people home as soon as possible, and that Iraq will fight for some reasonable form of Government, where no one is at the mercy of evil, violent people, and a corrupt Government.

On that, I do agree wholeheartedly!!!
Steve

eg8r
10-24-2006, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, well in that case, all's well, that ends well, lol...I do think, beyond our various differences of opinion, that all of us here, more than anything else, wish with all our hearts, that this mess in Iraq, will, ultimately, end well, and soon, for the sake of our troops, the Iraqis, and our country. And, that everything that has been sacrificed, in life, and treasure, will not have untimately been in vain. I, for one, think that we should be helping those who are being slaughtered in Darfur. While I believe Iraq was a drastic mistake, and that things are really in a huge mess presently, I do hope,with all my heart, and above everything else, that we can bring our people home as soon as possible, and that Iraq will fight for some reasonable form of Government, where no one is at the mercy of evil, violent people, and a corrupt Government. <hr /></blockquote> Nothing wrong with that.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Senate Intelligence report finds no Saddam-al-Qaeda link
Updated 9/9/2006

Saddam Hussein rejected overtures from al-Qaeda and believed Islamic extremists were a threat to his regime, a reverse portrait of an Iraq allied with Osama bin Laden painted by the Bush White House, a Senate panel has found.
The administration's version was based in part on intelligence that White House officials knew was flawed, according to Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee, citing newly declassified documents released by the panel.

The report, released Friday, discloses for the first time an October 2005 CIA assessment that prior to the war Saddam's government "did not have a relationship, harbor or turn a blind eye toward" al-Qaeda operative Abu Musab al-Zarqawi or his associates.

As recently as an Aug. 21 news conference, President Bush said people should "imagine a world in which you had Saddam Hussein" with the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction and "who had relations with Zarqawi."

Democrats singled out CIA Director George Tenet, saying that during a private meeting in July Tenet told the panel that the White House pressured him and that he agreed to back up the administration's case for war despite his own agents' doubts about the intelligence it was based on.

"Tenet admitted to the Intelligence Committee that the policymakers wanted him to 'say something about not being inconsistent with what the president had said,'" Intelligence Committee member Carl Levin, D-Mich., told reporters Friday.

Tenet also told the committee that complying had been "the wrong thing to do," according to Levin.

"Well, it was much more than that," Levin said. "It was a shocking abdication of a CIA director's duty not to act as a shill for any administration or its policies.

The report speaks for itself, Democrats said.

The administration "exploited the deep sense of insecurity among Americans in the immediate aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, leading a large majority of Americans to believe — contrary to the intelligence assessments at the time — that Iraq had a role in the 9/11 attacks," said Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., the top Democrat on the Intelligence Committee.

According to the report, postwar findings indicate that Saddam "was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime." It quotes an FBI report from June 2004 in which former Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz said in an interview that "Saddam only expressed negative sentiments about bin Laden."

Saddam himself is quoted in an FBI summary as acknowledging that the Iraqi government had met with bin Laden but denying that he had colluded with the al-Qaeda leader. Claiming that Iraq opposed only U.S. policies, Saddam said that "if he wanted to cooperate with the enemies of the U.S., he would have allied with North Korea or China," the report quotes the FBI document.

The Democrats said that on Oct. 7, 2002, the day Bush gave a speech speaking of that link, the CIA had sent a declassified letter to the committee saying it would be an "extreme step" for Saddam to assist Islamist terrorists in attacking the United States.

Levin and Rockefeller said Tenet in July acknowledged to the committee that subsequently issuing a statement that there was no inconsistency between the president's speech and the CIA viewpoint had been a mistake.

They also charged Bush with continuing to cite faulty intelligence in his argument for war as recently as last month.

The report said that Zarqawi, the al-Qaeda leader killed by a U.S. airstrike last June, was in Baghdad from May 2002 until late November 2002. But "postwar information indicates that Saddam Hussein attempted, unsuccessfully, to locate and capture al-Zarqawi and that the regime did not have a relationship with, harbor or turn a blind eye toward Zarqawi."

In June 2004, Bush also defended Vice President Dick Cheney's assertion that Saddam had "long-established ties" with al-Qaeda. "Zarqawi is the best evidence of connection to al-Qaeda affiliates and al-Qaeda," the president said.

The report concludes that postwar findings do not support a 2002 intelligence community report (This was the report pushed through by Cheney, who produced what Intelligence agents refer to as a skewed NSE Report, amounting to a Madison Avenue Commercial for War) that Iraq was reconstituting its nuclear program, possessed biological weapons or ever developed mobile facilities for producing biological warfare agents.

A second part of the report finds that false information from the Iraqi National Congress, an anti-Saddam group led by then-exile Ahmed Chalabi, was used to support key intelligence community assessments on Iraq.

Alumminum Tubes? Not appropriate for delivering WMD's.

Saddam, hated bin Laden.

The Yellow Cake lies, lead right back to the White House, since a certain european friend of the White House, who ended up in the Neocons favorite Right Wing think tank, with a big corner office on K Street, New World Order, I think is the name of it, was tied to the thugs who broke into the Niger Embassy, and stole their Official Stationary, and Official Mailing Stamp, eventually producing and selling the phoney Yellow Cake Documents, which were seen by most European Intelligence Agencies as laughably false...but, they were used by Bush. Even our own Intelligence Agencies, knew they were false. Just like they knew the Aluminumm tubes, were no WMD threat.

Your little hypothetical scenarios are cute, just not reasonable.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hondo
10-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Reggie, I don't hate cosevatives &amp; I certainly don't
hate you bushites either. I love you guys. You make
me laugh.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> LOL. As if I would go to every left wing moonbat site on the internet to look for facts! Actually, the truth is that any U.S. citizen's right of writ of habeas corpus are not threatened, this is just left wing propoganda and distortion. Unfortunately a large number of radical leftists seem more concerned with the rights of terrorists than with the security of innocent U.S. citizens. They hate conservatives more than they do Islamo-facists. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Ugotda7, is this really you posing as an illiterate?

hondo
10-30-2006, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

LOL. Every time you post you prove Gayle's point that
you have nothing to say. Pathetic.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Ha ha ha... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was just waiting for him to find a way to insult someone on the "Nothing" post....

Wow, he sure am pissy for a Christian, full of grace, LMAO!

eg8r
10-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Pat the puppy on the head, she follows anyone who replies to my posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice to see you set your standards high enough to enjoy a trashy post like the one I responded to.

eg8r

hondo
10-30-2006, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Pat the puppy on the head, she follows anyone who replies to my posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice to see you set your standards high enough to enjoy a trashy post like the one I responded to.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

That was a ruff comment! Arf! Arf!

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
LMAO...funny, isn't it. There was not one thing dirty in my post. Not one. It was all left up to the reader's imagination...BWA HA HA HA...didn't take long for the Christians to think of something dirty to imagine, did it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LMAO...funny, isn't it. There was not one thing dirty in my post. Not one. It was all left up to the reader's imagination...BWA HA HA HA...didn't take long for the Christians to think of something dirty to imagine, did it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle,
I think your meaning was obvious enough that even a Democrat would know what you were thinking when you made that post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-31-2006, 05:47 AM
Given the ignorance of the poster I responded to, I thought the visual, was perfect! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle

eg8r
10-31-2006, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That was a ruff comment! Arf! Arf! <hr /></blockquote> Watch out Hondo, the puppy continues to follow. I hope she does not mark her terrority on your leg. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
10-31-2006, 07:04 AM
That was a ruff comment! Arf! Arf! <hr /></blockquote> Watch out Hondo, the puppy continues to follow. I hope she does not mark her terrority on your leg. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Now THAT was a dirty comment. Urine big trouble, buddy.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2006, 07:17 AM
You know, Hondo, most of us here, do post about things we care about. We only have one person, on this whole forum, who posts, soley for the purpose of insulting people. Ed got on here this morning and posted insults beginning at 5:51 - 5:54 - 5:59 - 6:00 6:01 - think I'm missing one...anyway, that's atleast five insulting posts, in less than eleven minutes. Obviously, he's a happy, well adjusted person....

Big difference between posting with high intention, and posting soly for the purpose of insulting people, IMO. I'm hard on Republicans, and George Bush, because I firmly believe they are destroying our country, and hurting the United States Of America, with incompetence, lies, exhorbitant spending and the resulting debt, and wreaking havoc in the Middle East. There is a great deal of evidence to support my views. But when someone posts, purely for the pleasure of insulting people, as Ed does, one has to wonder, about emotional problems. Heated debates are one thing, and I'm all for them. Ed, OTOH, adds absolutely nothing of value, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
10-31-2006, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You know, Hondo, most of us here, do post about things we care about. We only have one person, on this whole forum, who posts, soley for the purpose of insulting people. Ed got on here this morning and posted insults beginning at 5:51 - 5:54 - 5:59 - 6:00 6:01 - think I'm missing one...anyway, that's atleast five insulting posts, in less than eleven minutes. Obviously, he's a happy, well adjusted person....

Big difference between posting with high intention, and posting soly for the purpose of insulting people, IMO. I'm hard on Republicans, and George Bush, because I firmly believe they are destroying our country, and hurting the United States Of America, with incompetence, lies, exhorbitant spending and the resulting debt, and wreaking havoc in the Middle East. There is a great deal of evidence to support my views. But when someone posts, purely for the pleasure of insulting people, as Ed does, one has to wonder, about emotional problems. Heated debates are one thing, and I'm all for them. Ed, OTOH, adds absolutely nothing of value, IMO.

Well, everything you said is probably true, but he
still needs our love &amp; support. That's what separates
us from them. Right?

Gayle in MD
10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Yep, you are right, my friend.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif But, it would be nice if once in a while he would post something that one could take seriously, something worthwhile, and worth a reply. Never happens!

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
10-31-2006, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Urine big trouble, buddy. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed got on here this morning and posted insults beginning at 5:51 - 5:54 - 5:59 - 6:00 6:01 - think I'm missing one <hr /></blockquote> Don't be insulted, be proud of who you are. Also, someone better not tell my wife where I was at 5:51 to 6 AM this morning because to the best of her knowledge I was sitting in our bedroom feeding my son.

Thank goodness that kid sleeps through the night. It only took 7 weeks but he is getting the hang of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Ed, OTOH, adds absolutely nothing of value, IMO.
Now that's short-sighted thinking on your part. Sure Ed's got nothing to say that anyone would want to hear....BUT, he makes the rest of us look good by comparision.
I still think deep down and hidden undeneath that crass exterior....there just might be a nice guy...someone you would want for a neighbor, maybe even a friend....just don't talk politics, ecology, global warming, the war, religion,
the weather..... with him

hondo
10-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Ed got on here this morning and posted insults beginning at 5:51 - 5:54 - 5:59 - 6:00 6:01 - think I'm missing one <hr /></blockquote> Don't be insulted, be proud of who you are. Also, someone better not tell my wife where I was at 5:51 to 6 AM this morning because to the best of her knowledge I was sitting in our bedroom feeding my son.

Thank goodness that kid sleeps through the night. It only took 7 weeks but he is getting the hang of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

LOL. Now we're getting to the source of his crankiness.
Babies can take their toll.