PDA

View Full Version : Comparing GWB

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Who does this leader of the free world,war President, on an assignment from God, compare to, among the leaders of the past?
Forgetting the obvious; King Farouk, Fernando Marcos, etc...who used their office to amass personal wealth ...
He's not an FDR, who's folksy fireside chats,helped to guide a nation out of a depression, and prepared them for a war.
Not a frenzied orator like the hated Hitler. Not a Winston Churchill, who rallied a nation under attack. Lacks the charisma of a JFK, who inspired a whole generation.
I see him more as an Eva Peron, who schemed her way to the top, in her lust for wealth and power.
The biggest difference between the two... she screwed the rich, and became a champion of the poor.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 08:22 AM
How bout Imelda and her hubby? Does bush like shoes? LMAO... No president in the history of this country has run rough shod over our laws, our spirit, our reputation, our financial out look, our environment, the middle class American, the American Dream, the good will of our allies, the common good, the preservation and protection of our Constitution, and Bill Of Rights, and done so with such massive deciet, as GWB. He's, by far, the worst ever! And this Republican Majority Congress, and Senate, is by far the worst ever.

Are the Democrats perfect, hell no, but this bunch is by far, the worst we've ever had to put up with, for sure!

I'm just thankful that the majority of the people in this country, now, finally, see the truth about them, Hence, the statistical numbers! Now, if we can just prevent the unrealistic, illinformed 30% who still approve of them from stealing another election, maybe their collective heads will finally emerge from their collective ...ah hem, never mind! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
10-20-2006, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Who does this leader of the free world,war President, on an assignment from God, compare to, among the leaders of the past?
Forgetting the obvious; King Farouk, Fernando Marcos, etc...who used their office to amass personal wealth ...
He's not an FDR, who's folksy fireside chats,helped to guide a nation out of a depression, and prepared them for a war. <font color="blue"> It is still so convienent to forget that FDR restricted more civil liberties than any president in history, including GWB.</font color>
Not a frenzied orator like the hated Hitler. <font color="blue"> Thanks goodness! </font color> Not a Winston Churchill, who rallied a nation under attack. <font color="blue">And was also so unpopular after the war he could not get elected dog catcher, but thankfully history judged him better. </font color> Lacks the charisma of a JFK, who inspired a whole generation. <font color="blue"> And who carried a much larger percentage of the GNP in his war time beduget than we do now and the Vietnam war had not really gotten well under way by then. </font color>
I see him more as an Eva Peron, who schemed her way to the top, in her lust for wealth and power. <font color="blue"> Yeah, but she had those legs....</font color>
The biggest difference between the two... she screwed the rich, and became a champion of the poor. <font color="blue">Of course, there's a big difference in championing the poor and actually doing something about them. But, of course, she had those legs but was unfortunate enough to have Madonna portray her in forgettable fashion years later. Now there's the tragedy!</font color>

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 08:50 AM
You usually see in print the approval ratings for GWB....the other day, they turned it around and printed the disapproval ratings.....almost 70% are now disillusioned by this *&amp;%#.
Makes you wonder then, about the 30% that still buy into this "Brooklyn Bridge" scheme that GWB is selling. Do they blame the liberal press for inciting the public by printing the truth...as they are trying to blame the Dems for the Foley scandal?
Or perhaps they believe they are part of some elitist group of patriotic Christian intellectuals, that alone know the real truth?
Or just maybe, after voting twice for GWB...they never understood the "once burned, twice shy" idiom?...and can't own up to the fact that they bought the same "bridge" a second time...but they are still paying instead of collecting, the tolls.
And we're all be paying soon enough for the GWB "Ponzi Scheme "...tax cuts

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey, I still maintain, they are homophobic, misogynistic, BUBBA'S! If they can't follow charts and graphs, and deny the opinions of 16 National Intelligence Agencies, they simply are not paying with a full deck. Their hatred for what they believe is the result of liberal ideals, is the only thing that drives them. Interesting enough, they fail to observe, that THEY are the party which consistantly seeks to remove our rights to private, personal decisions. It is largely a function of the damning, judgmental religious right, IMO. Nobody ever explained to them that Jesus, was about helping the poor, forgivness, and acceptance. If they can't grasp the damage they have contributed to by refusing to seek out the facts, you'd think they'd atleast give some thought to researching his many illegal activities, and his many lies. There is abundant proof.

Roosevelt..."We have nothing to fear, but fear, itself."

Bush........"The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming, the wolf is coming."

WE KNOW the WOLF is COMING! Georgie...that's why we're mad at you for gassing up his engine! Filling up his army, and leaving our doors open! While you chose to go after one little rabbit, you were feeding many wolves!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-20-2006, 09:24 AM
You do understand though that the budget allocations for the war was the same as for a peace-time military....and this is allowable under current regs.
I guess that the "extra" monies needed for the military are just cost overruns.
As for the other statements
Winston was the "man" for a wartime England.
FDR did what he had to do, and got the job done....again the right man for the times.He might still be in office, by popular vote, if he hadn't died. History will treat him kinder than it ever does GWB.
Just imagine that it's WWII....and America had GWB as President.I'd rather see the other side of the coin...FDR leading the country today.

AND...who better to play Eva,a woman that seduced a nation, and more than a few of it's leaders... than Madonna?

Stretch
10-20-2006, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey, I still maintain, they are homophobic, misogynistic, BUBBA'S! If they can't follow charts and graphs, and deny the opinions of 16 National Intelligence Agencies, they simply are not paying with a full deck. Their hatred for what they believe is the result of liberal ideals, is the only thing that drives them. Interesting enough, they fail to observe, that THEY are the party which consistantly seeks to remove our rights to private, personal decisions. It is largely a function of the damning, judgmental religious right, IMO. Nobody ever explained to them that Jesus, was about helping the poor, forgivness, and acceptance. If they can't grasp the damage they have contributed to by refusing to seek out the facts, you'd think they'd atleast give some thought to researching his many illegal activities, and his many lies. There is abundant proof.

Roosevelt..."We have nothing to fear, but fear, itself."

Bush........"The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming, the wolf is coming."

WE KNOW the WOLF is COMING! Georgie...that's why we're mad at you for gassing up his engine! Filling up his army, and leaving our doors open! While you chose to go after one little rabbit, you were feeding many wolves!

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

OMG!!!!! LMFAO at homophobic misagynistic BUBBA"S! St.

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 10:18 AM
LOL, A short trip through the Red States, will prove my point! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Or, you could just investigate some of the rantings that are given from the pulpits every Sunday!

You won't find any lack of hatred, hypocracy, graft, opression, agression, brain washing, guilt expousing, or harsh judgments of fellow human beings, I assure you! Just plenty of ranting over how best promote the cause, to dictate what others may or may not do! Oh, and plenty of fear, yeah, it's the fear, that works the best! Hellsfire and brimstone! Oooowwww, I so sceeeered....
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
10-20-2006, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, A short trip through the Red States, will prove my point! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Life is so unfair. If only I could live in a nice state like Maryland instead of being stuck down here in North Carolina where only ignorant "BUBBA's" are allowed to live. Careful, Gayle! Your smug superiority is showing! Between slamming the south, and the midwest (What is the term you use for them...fly-over states?) you sound like if someone doesn't live in the north or mid atlantic, they must be idiots. Your attempts at humor are very revealing.
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Ha ha ha...hey, it was in the headlines! I can't help it if the rest of the world thinks you right wingers who voted for Bush are nuts! All I know is what I read in the Newspapers...who said that? If the shoe fits... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-20-2006, 03:27 PM
What you write, and what you repeat, reveals who you are.

If the shoe fits...

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Ditto! Hey, there are good people in every state. You try to take general statements, and make them specific. MPO, this president is a bubba, he appeals to all the bubbas, and he "UNNERSTANDS" them, who get his "Meshesh" and write about him on the "Internets" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, Long Beach North Carolina is my favorite spot in the world. I call it my little piece of heaven on earth. Don't take things to literal.

Gayle in Md