PDA

View Full Version : WOW it's been 40 years since...

nAz
10-20-2006, 01:58 PM
The Doors formed, hard to believe they still sound pretty fresh...

This month marks the 40th anniversary of the band's formation. There's a new book out next month called, The Doors that gives an inside look at the band. It includes interviews with the three surviving members. Never before seen photos and previously untold stories are revealed.

I was listening to Fresh Air today and they were playing old interviews with some of the surviving members of the band... http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13

heard there is going to be a year long celebration to them... nice i hope it will expose some of the younger crowds out there to their music.

Rich R.
10-20-2006, 04:39 PM
nAz, if you are a Doors fan, you have to read "No One Here Gets Out Alive", by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugarman, if you haven't already.

9 Ball Girl
10-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm going to a Doors tribute at BB King's in NY in December. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAzarino is coming with to a Led Zeppeling tribute too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy<---classic rock chick /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-21-2006, 03:06 PM
The Doors are one of my all time favorite bands. They had a sound like no other. Long live the lizard king.

DG

nAz
10-22-2006, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> nAz, if you are a Doors fan, you have to read "No One Here Gets Out Alive", by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugarman, if you haven't already. <hr /></blockquote>

ya I read it about 20 years ago... kinda made Morrison out to be a bit of a prick, still i enjoyed it and the picture in it.

nAz
10-22-2006, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> The Doors are one of my all time favorite bands. They had a sound like no other. Long live the lizard king.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

ya they are great.

i love that line i say it to people now and then and they look at me like what the hell are you talking about? lol

Mr. Mojo Risin what a sweet anagram...

I

Rich R.
10-22-2006, 06:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> nAz, if you are a Doors fan, you have to read "No One Here Gets Out Alive", by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugarman, if you haven't already. <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ya I read it about 20 years ago... kinda made Morrison out to be a bit of a prick, still i enjoyed it and the picture in it. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't remember getting that impression from the book, but, as you said, it has been a lot of years since I read it.
Morrison certainly was no angle and he definitely had his own way of thinking about things.

nAz
10-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Rich do you remember reading in the Surgerman book how when people would come to visit Morrison at his home, they would find piles of books laying around and that he would ask them to read from any page on any book and would be able to finish the paragraph? I find that simply amazing especially coming from a drugged up hard rocker like him.