PDA

View Full Version : Vote

Drop1
10-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Too many have died in this war,and cannot. There are no words to wake the loving dead.

Gayle in MD
10-21-2006, 04:54 PM
OMG, Drop, this month has been so heartbreaking. A reporter said, you can't find a single Iraqi family that hasn't lost someone. Bush and Rumsfeld are lying about the deaths, no question in my mind. The study that said 665,000 was considered by most statistitions as an accurate method for determining fatalities.

I hope everyone gets out to vote, also. I'm not voting for a single incumbant, and anyone who would vote Republican in this election, is voting against all of us, and particularly our troops.

Gayle in Md.

FatsRedux
10-21-2006, 11:51 PM
This country is a one-party country. Half of it is called Republican and half is called Democrat. It doesn't make any difference. All the really good ideas belong to the Libertarians.

-Hugh Downs (1997)

Vote Libertarian!

hondo
10-23-2006, 08:00 AM
The Librarians?? Who's their candidate?

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Fats,
I like a lot of the libertarian philosophy, but, IMO, A Democratic majority is the only way to go in this election. It's the only way we can put the brakes on the man who is destroying this country, and hold him accountable for his incompetence, and lies and denials of what he has wrought upon us, and future generations, here, and around the world. Had he been held accountable, by the Republican Majority, who failed to perform their duties, he could never have gotten away with causing the death and destruction of so many innocent people, due to his own incompetence, and deceit, and that of his inner circle. The amount of waste in lives, and treasure, much of it lost to sheer haphazard leadership, pompus authoritarian methods, disorganization, and greed, while he lied and lied over and over, and had his underlings lie with him, while chipping away at American ideals, and rights, must be addressed, and the damage overturned, before he leaves office. Only tightly controlled accountability can check his many infractions against our country, and his devastating incompetence. This man MUST be stopped! He has caused enough death and destruction.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Gayle,
Do you really think a Dem majority in congress is going to make any difference? Think about how congress works. When they are in session, they come to Washington on Tuesday, work for 2 1/2 days and then go back home. While they are there, they are working on fund raising activities more than on the business of the country.
GW is in office for 2 more years. When has congress EVER done ANYTHING that didn't take several months to accomplish? Yes, they may put some roadblocks up, but I don't see congress really changing much of anything that a lame-duck administration will do in the final 2 years.
Not to mention, any newly elected congressmen are all going to be the junior members with limited ability to bring about any major change. It will take them 6 months to a year just to figure out how things get done in Washington.
Steve

Deeman3
10-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, at least everything will be solved by the Democrats after this election, right?

DeeMan

Drop1
10-23-2006, 11:11 AM
If Bush hadn't screwed up so much, the Dems wouldn't be getting a chance. Hey seventy percent of the people can't be all wrong.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 11:24 AM
The voting issues ARE in many ways, state issues, but this time, Americans are voting against George Bush, and his Iraq policies, the burden that he has placed on the Middle Class through his romance with Corporate Campaign contributors, which have hurt them, and tax breaks, favoring the rich,.... the incompetence and corruption of the Republican party, and Bush's power grabbing attack on American principles. Most polls show this. I believe, that many of the Democratic leaders who have stood to speak against Bush, his failed policies, and the Republican Representatives, who have refused to exercise anything but a blank check for Bush, will be re-elected, and should be re-elected. There will be plenty of them to lead the way, and throw up a road block to the arrogant incompetence, massive corruption, failed policies, secret illegal deals and practices on the executive level, and the on-going cover up we have witnessed for the last six years.

Gayle in Md.

FatsRedux
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> The Librarians?? Who's their candidate? <hr /></blockquote>

Reed D. Books

Maybe he can help you find some books on Libertarianism, I know, I know--"But Fats that may make me think too much, and my head will hurt". /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chopstick
10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Well, at least everything will be solved by the Democrats after this election, right?

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

I'll bet ya they still lose even after all the mud slinging.

pooltchr
10-23-2006, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I believe, that many of the Democratic leaders who have stood to speak against Bush, his failed policies, and the Republican Representatives, who have refused to exercise anything but a blank check for Bush, will be re-elected, and should be re-elected.
Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Does this mean you have changed your position about not voting for any Republicans...even if they fall into the catagory of those who should be re-elected?
Steve

Drop1
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I read the National Platform of The Libertarian Party,adopted in convention July 2,2006,Portland Ore. IMHO we are still a one party country,however I doubt the Republicans,and Democrats would agree with the legalization of drugs,as supported by the party platform. I also read the comments of your candidate for governor for the state of Calif. He was the vice presidential candidate for the Party in 2002. Viewing Libertarianism as the choice,between the other two parties, I find a lot of merit in Libertarian positions on almost all issues. Once they merge with Logical Positivism,they will have my vote. I urge everyone to read the Platform.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Absolutely not, there is no way any Republican would get my vote, when I want to see them lose majority power. We might have gotten better decisions, if Bush and company, hadn't had confidence that their majority would have the power to cover for them. Why would I vote Republican? I'm just acknowledging, that some will be re-elected, probably, mostly, the ones who have done a good job for their state. We still have the Evangelicals, the so called Christians, and the die hard Republicans, who would vote again for Bush, in spite of his obvious failures, rather than admit that this is the worst mess we've ever been pushed into, and using the most illogical, unrealistic expectations.

It might interest you to know, that Baker gave predictions about what would have happened, had Bush Sr. been as foolish as Bush Jr, and gone into Iraq. Every single thing he outlined, has in fact has happened. What we have here is a group of neocons, who used extremely poor judgement in the first place, and then followed the devastating results with more poor judgement, developing as they went, a tactic of covering and denying reality, and calling all those who acknowledged reality, soft on terror. It goes on right here on this board. It's the Republican way.

If we want to discuss hypocracy, what about a Christian who is for torture? What about a Christian, who tells lies. What about a Christian, who takes money for elections, that was supposed to go to the poor? What about a Christian, who spends his time during Family Values Week, campaigning for a man who committed adultery, who has been accused by his mistress of beating her? What about a bunch of Republicans covering up for an internet predator? What about Republicans, who tried to stop an investigation into how to avoid another attack, solely to cover up the incompetence of the President, and other top level Cabinet members? Really, the list of failures, and all the lies, cannot be denied, IMO. Add to that, the spending spree, and tell me, honestly, if they were Democrats, what would you be saying about this coming election?

I have seen enough of this party to last me a lifetime. I became an independent after I saw Reagan refuse to prevent people from occupying this country illegally, and give them an open invitation, to continue to do so. Then I watched the Republicans, cripple this country, over a non issue, and with ridiculous non stop investigations. Then came the resident idiot, and his crooked, lying, incompetent friends, steal from the poor and middle class, to give to their rich friends. I will never vote for a Republican again, ever. And Believe me, like it or not, there are many many Republicans, who feel the same way. Some of them, friends of mine.

Gayle in Md. Family values, Pahleeeeze!