PDA

View Full Version : Table recommendations

tkbalt
10-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I grew up on a 46x92 table and now have a home big enough for a table. I drove over to my fathers today with hopes that I would be able to move the table I had played on - but it's condition was such that I question if it makes sense to transport it 90 miles, recover, refinish, install new rails......... I went to look at it to see if I could determine the manufacturer - but the name plate was worn to the point you could not read anything on it. The table is 50+ years old and I had hopes it might have some value and be worth the effort - but it is pretty rough and I am not sure it would make sense.

In any event - my room is 20 ft by 17 feet. My question is - should I get an 8ft - or look for an 8 ft oversize? I would prefer an older Brunswick commercial table (8ftOS)- but have not seen many in my area. I can find used 8 ft "home" tables all day. While they just feel small to me, should I just adapt and get used to it? 8ft oversize tables appear to be hard to find on the used market???

stefangarr
10-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Wow,

I wish I had a room 20 by 17! There is no contest, IMO. Get a professional 9 foot table! You have plenty of room.

SG