PDA

View Full Version : hey righties...

nAz
10-22-2006, 07:26 PM
... or rather people who still supports this guy, I think he is losing it really...

Bush: ‘We’ve Never Been Stay The Course’

October 22 2006

During an interview today on ABC’s This Week, President Bush tried to distance himself from what has been his core strategy in Iraq for the last three years. George Stephanopoulos asked about James Baker’s plan to develop a strategy for Iraq that is “between ’stay the course’ and ‘cut and run.’”

Bush responded, ‘We’ve never been stay the course, George!’ Watch it:

BUSH: We will stay the course. [8/30/06]

BUSH: We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq. [8/4/05]

BUSH: We will stay the course until the job is done, Steve. And the temptation is to try to get the President or somebody to put a timetable on the definition of getting the job done. We’re just going to stay the course. [12/15/03]

BUSH: And my message today to those in Iraq is: We’ll stay the course. [4/13/04]

BUSH: And that’s why we’re going to stay the course in Iraq. And that’s why when we say something in Iraq, we’re going to do it. [4/16/04]

BUSH: And so we’ve got tough action in Iraq. But we will stay the course. [4/5/04]

Drop1
10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Bush is trying to distance himself from himself. I'm awaiting his denial he was the President,because he depended on others to lead. Lets all join hands,and ask Jesus to waste the friggin Chimp.

reggie182
10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
"Lets all join hands,and ask Jesus to waste the friggin Chimp."

Nothing like calm, reasoned political discourse. It's not enough that you disagree with someone, you actually have to wish death upon them at the hand of the deity. I don't think the posters at the Democratic Underground could top that one.

Fran Crimi
10-23-2006, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Bush is trying to distance himself from himself. I'm awaiting his denial he was the President,because he depended on others to lead. Lets all join hands,and ask Jesus to waste the friggin Chimp. <hr /></blockquote>

This is exactly why it's time for Mike Panozzo to get rid of the NPR section. I've already started lobbying for it. Either that or get rid of all political posts.

This is not a free-speech thing here. It's a privately owned website. Mike and I have had conversations in the past about what image he wants Billiards Digest to project to the public. You can be reasonably certain that death wishes to the President or to anyone else is not on the list, not to menion the ridiculous propoganda that's been posted here of late.

Drop1
10-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Fran,I should make it clear I mean waste,in a political way. In no way would I want the Chimp to be physically harmed. I would like to see him out of politics completely.So why dosen't everyone get together,and make up a list of what can be said,and who can say it. That is what your type of freedom is about,all control. Would you vote for Bush again? Go have a rant,you will feel better.

Drop1
10-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Would you like a kleenex?

eg8r
10-23-2006, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you like a kleenex? <hr /></blockquote> Nope, just asking that you act like an adult.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
10-23-2006, 08:42 AM
For your information, Billiards Digest has the right and the FREEDOM to choose what they allow to be posted on their website. They also have a right to shut it down if they feel that things are getting out of control.

As for your explanation of what you 'really' meant by your post, tell it to the FBI, not me. I'm sure they surf the net looking for posts like yours.

I spoke with Mike this morning and he had no idea that all this has been going on with this section. I'm sure he'll make whatever decision he feels is in the best interest of his magazine, as he should.

Fran

Drop1
10-23-2006, 08:46 AM
What you mean,is I act like you,sorry we live in different worlds. Don't forget to vote. That post was for Reggie,how did it get to you?

reggie182
10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
"What you mean,is I act like you,sorry we live in different worlds. Don't forget to vote. That post was for Reggie,how did it get to you?"

Say what?

nAz
10-23-2006, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Bush is trying to distance himself from himself. <hr /></blockquote>

lol he has been looking pretty silly lately I think even his dog is starting to loose trust in him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have to agree though with some of the others here dude, if what you meant by Jesus wasting him was striking him down for all his sins, not right, I rather see him live the rest of his life behind a wall of money while the next two generations of Americans pay for all his mistakes.

eg8r
10-23-2006, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That post was for Reggie,how did it get to you? <hr /></blockquote> Posts don't "get" to anyone. Whoever has a browser can simply read all the posts.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 09:17 AM
LMAO... Hey Naz, you're so funny! Well, looks like the other side can dish it out, but they can't take it. Some have forgotten how they ranted against President and First Lady Clinton, calling them everything under the sun, even murderers.

Funny, how those who still support an Administration, wrought with stupidity, arrogance, corruption and lies, do so in the same spirit of Bush, just can't admit they were wrong, and deny the massive failures.

AS I have noted before, the Clinton's were the most investigated people to ever occupy the White House, and the neocons crippled this country, with their unrelenting sour grapes, digging, digging, digging. Those were the very years when Republican distractions, cleared the path for bin Ladens' plans. Now, we see how the threats have grown, once again, due to Republican distractions, from core issues, going into Iraq, at a time when Afghanistan, and bin Laden, should have been the main focuss. As Clinton fought to address terrorism, he was accused by the Republicans of playing Wag The Dog.

Pitty of it is, some would probably vote for Bush again! They'd prefer to silence debate, than be exposed to reminders of what a total mess Bush and the Republican blank check Congress, has made!

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Gayle, what are you trying to say? You don't support Bush?

wolfdancer
10-23-2006, 09:40 AM
nAz, it's a little unfortunate that drop1 choose that praticular phrase....but, if you've read his posts before....he has his own particular sense of humor.
I don't see how anybody could take that statement as
anything more than a jest.
Politics usually is a lively debate....rather then stopping the debate/exchanges here...I wish more sites would have people participating in them...might not only lead to a greater voter turnout....but better informed voters.
The right has been taking a "beating" here, so I can understand their anger. But the main topics of a debate will always center on the party that wields the power...for the present. If....and if will soon be when....the Democrats become the majority party....then we'll be busy defending them.
Re: propaganda....it's only propaganda, if it's not true.
Sen Daniel Moyhinan was in a heated debate with a colleague,
and clearly winning the argument. Frustrated, the other guy said "I'm entitled to my own opinion"
And Dan replied "you are entitled to your own opinion.....but not your own facts"
That seems to be the problem here...people are confusing their opinion with facts.
Most of the debate here centers on the subject of the debate....Ed has a knack of making it a bit personal...and I
don't think Ed really means to.
I could argue politics all day with Deeman/Steve...it would never be personal.
Q seems to rankle some people here....but he just cites facts...
Gayle adds her own summary to factual items, reports, tv interviews...that she runs across.
Me, I'm just anti Bush/Cheney....and their whole agenda.
There isn't much difference really, anymore between the parties...but on my life long belief that the Reps. favor big business, and the very wealthy, over the avg. citizen....I'll continue to vote Democratic.
This board does belong to Billiards Digest...but if they give in and prohibit a topic because it is unpopular with a few....where does it end?
I subscribe to BD, as do most of the regulars here...I appreciate the space to discuss and exchange ideas, on both pool and the NPR.
I don't expect to ever "win' a political argument here, nor get anybody to switch parties (although Deeman is weakening)
Maybe that's the real source of frustration here for some...they can't get folks to agree with their ideas..and then to add salt to the wound... people keep cutting and pasting these "expose" type articles

Rich R.
10-23-2006, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> This is exactly why it's time for Mike Panozzo to get rid of the NPR section. I've already started lobbying for it. Either that or get rid of all political posts. <hr /></blockquote>
Fran, I'd be willing to bet we don't stand on the same side of the political fence, however, on this point we agree.
I see no reason why a pool magazine has to support a non-pool related forum. If all of these people want to discuss politics, I'm sure there are many political forums to choose from.

Fran Crimi
10-23-2006, 10:24 AM
I think we're closer than you think, Rich. Hey, I voted for Clinton and Gore. I'm not afraid to vote for the person rather than the party. But some of the crap that's been posted here is way out of line and the hatred that is continuously spewed on a regular basis is just awful. Billiards Digest has been used and abused long enough. They don't need to stand for this.

Fran

Deeman3
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>I don't expect to ever "win' a political argument here, nor get anybody to switch parties (although Deeman is weakening)
<font color="blue"> Don't take informed reasoning for weakening. I have always thought they are all crooks but still beleive we have the better crooks in office now. I do support the democrats getting a majority in the house and senate so there can be a gridlock that will benefit all Americans. However, despite what some would say, I have never wished for the death of any Lefist or Republican. Muslim extreamists, yes. But....that's happening anyway.

</font color>
DeeMan
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
10-23-2006, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fran, I'd be willing to bet we don't stand on the same side of the political fence, however, on this point we agree.
I see no reason why a pool magazine has to support a non-pool related forum. If all of these people want to discuss politics, I'm sure there are many political forums to choose from. <hr /></blockquote> While at the same time, if you did not want it here, why do you keep popping in? If you don't want it feel free to quick participating in it.

eg8r

Drop1
10-23-2006, 11:01 AM
I could go for that,long live the Chimp /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
I blame Gayle and drop1 for BD closing the NPR down, how dare you discuses politics in a non pool related forum!

Remember what NPR stands for damn it and what you can post on it...
"Post anything not related to pool in this discussion forum."

you two need to learn what and how to post thing according to out host...

<font color="orange">
This bulletin board service allows you and other users to post information, provide feedback to Billiards Digest and its affiliates, and interact in real-time.

By using the Cue Chalk Board you agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.

You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Billiards Digest, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit.

Although Billiards Digest and its affiliates may from time to time monitor or review posts to this bulletin board, neither Billiards Digest nor its affiliates ARE under any obligation to do so or RESPOND.

You acknowledge that Billiards Digest and its affiliates do not control the information available on the Cue Chalk Board and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on this bulletin board are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. This includes but is not limited to BD writers or staff who may post from time to time.

Billiards Digest and its affiliates reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Cue Chalk Board. This includes the right to refuse access to the Cue Chalk Board to any individual, group, or party who has acted in violation with this usage agreement.

You accept that if needed, Billiards Digest will at its discretion contact the Internet Service Provider of any individual, group, or party who posts messages outside the limitations of this agreement in an effort to eliminate future violations.

- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.

- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

Accounts inactive over 90 days will be removed from the database. </font color>

Drop1
10-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah,how could I have drifted so far,when all around me is Chistian love? Anyone want to hear how to stuff a turkey?

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 11:36 AM
LOL, like I said before, political posts were fine, when these same people Crucified the Clintons. Now, their party is mostly on their way to jail, and their president has been exposed as incompetent and dishonest. NOW, they want to shut down the board, LMAO!

As I have said many times, It is amazing, that grown adults don't want to take responsibility for what they CHOSE to read!

SHEES

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
LOL. Sorry Gayle,but we can no longer use the word Crucified,as in the friggin right wing Republican morons,are going to get Crucified come Nov.9th. We can use words like ID,as in, ID bout what /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
LMAO!!! Hey, the worst propaganda I've read on here for a while was a post about how there WAS WMD's, and there WAS a connection between Saddam and al Qaeda, after all, And Bush wasn't lying about it!!!! LMAO!

Now, that's what I call propaganda!!! Who tried to fly that one, anyway, oh yes, the genius, Santorum!!!

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
10-23-2006, 06:32 PM
BUSH: We will stay the course. [8/30/06]

BUSH: We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq. [8/4/05]

BUSH: We will stay the course until the job is done, Steve. And the temptation is to try to get the President or somebody to put a timetable on the definition of getting the job done. We’re just going to stay the course. [12/15/03]

BUSH: And my message today to those in Iraq is: We’ll stay the course. [4/13/04]

BUSH: And that’s why we’re going to stay the course in Iraq. And that’s why when we say something in Iraq, we’re going to do it. [4/16/04]

BUSH: And so we’ve got tough action in Iraq. But we will stay the course. [4/5/04]

[ QUOTE ]
Bush responded, ‘We’ve <font color="blue">never </font color> been stay the course,<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some of us who lean to the Left have been attacked and branded Partisan GW Haters. Now we have an prima facie example of the President obviously not telling the truth and not one single Right leaning poster has condemned him for it!
Partisan?????????????

Q

Gayle in MD
10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, what a crock! Now, he's got Tony Snow out there, with a new "Snowjob" about what the President really meant, when he said Stay The Course so we're going to get some new definitions for Stay The Course!

Now, how the hell do they think this is going to fly, when every single time he said it, he reiterated again exactly what he meant!

I swear, it's getting so ridiculous, I am regularly just LMAO watching the press conferences. Gotta say, though, it has been good comedy watching these jerks squirm!

Now they're saying part of their New Strategy is that they've got to start calling in some of the rogues of the AXIS OF EVIL, to help bring some peace to Iraq! DUH! Isn't that the kind of guy we went in there to get rid of in the first place?

We really should make a list of his most outlandish denials, like the time he said, that he never said that Saddam directed the attack on 9/11. DUH! We knew that! That wasn't what the reporter asked! He asked what connection there was between Saddam, and 9/11? Bush finally had to say, nothing~! Too bad he didn't say that four years ago! They were going in, regardless of WMD's or no WMD's. As I saw it, the issue was a matter of priorities, and after 9/11, one would think, the priority would have been very clear. GET bin Laden, and al Qaeda!

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
10-24-2006, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
NOW, they want to shut down the board, LMAO!
<hr /></blockquote> There is no THEY involved. Fran is the only one asking it to be shut down. Now, since you brought it up, I don't remember anyone ever asking for the death of a Clinton like what was done recently by someone from the left. The first time he was called on it, he asked the offended member if they needed a tissue. The second time he was called on it he said he did not mean it that way. It appears he aspires to be like W.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Good post, Jack. Anyone who reads Drop's posts, would understand his dry humor. I had a political poster on here post something about the terrorists chopping my head off, LOL, hey I gave it right back, IIRC, in spades!

Whatever happened to sticks and stones can break my bones but names/words can never hurt me?

Hey, we have our arguments on here, but I for one, think we're all friends, or I hope so. We all want the same thing, peace, both here and abroad. It's just that for some of us, Bush is not the vehicle for achieving peace. Sometimes, I think, the more one wishes for peace, the more heated their argument, regardless of which political party one trusts to create that peace. Still, I can't help but notice that efforts philosophies which endeavor to dictate, usually come from the Conservative side, both on a National level, and right here on this board. It is this very phenomena which I find very dangerous.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
10-24-2006, 08:42 AM
"Distance himself from himself" LMFAO!
But I would use a little caution in the 2nd part
of your post. Big Brother is watching and he doesn't
have a sense of humor. They could twist your words
to make it sound like a veiled threat.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Bush is trying to distance himself from himself. I'm awaiting his denial he was the President,because he depended on others to lead. Lets all join hands,and ask Jesus to waste the friggin Chimp. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Ve vill stomp out this liberal propaganda and ve vill
stomp it out right now! Sieg heil!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Bush is trying to distance himself from himself. I'm awaiting his denial he was the President,because he depended on others to lead. Lets all join hands,and ask Jesus to waste the friggin Chimp. <hr /></blockquote>

This is exactly why it's time for Mike Panozzo to get rid of the NPR section. I've already started lobbying for it. Either that or get rid of all political posts.

This is not a free-speech thing here. It's a privately owned website. Mike and I have had conversations in the past about what image he wants Billiards Digest to project to the public. You can be reasonably certain that death wishes to the President or to anyone else is not on the list, not to menion the ridiculous propoganda that's been posted here of late. <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
10-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah,there is a better word, I was kind of thinking of swat,but probably someone would get offended.

Drop1
10-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Should I have asked if they needed a towel too? "Life is a tragedy for those who feel,but a comedy to those who think" "To error is human,to forgive is divine" "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" You get my drift cowboy?

Gayle in MD
10-24-2006, 09:31 PM
HA HA HA...Now, that is funny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the laugh!
I just hope Ann coulter doesn't try to post her hatred on here. Now that would be trouble in River City!
Gayle in Md. ...That's Maryland, of the good ol' U.S.A., atleast I think that's where I am!

eg8r
10-25-2006, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"To error is human,to forgive is divine" "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" You get my drift cowboy? <hr /></blockquote> Oops, I am editing my post since I thought yours was in response to another. However, no cowboy I don't catch your drift. I am in no position to forgive and I surely will never listen to you hypocritically quote scripture when you will not live by them yourself. You did not wrong me and I only merely restated your actions. You are the perfect image of what you believe W has been doing.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 06:50 AM
You didn't accuse the Clinton's of murder??? You didn't call him a rapest? You're the biggest name caller on here, and do so in the nastiest way, on anyone.

When are your going to learn how to read a post? My post was about the administration, not this latest ridiculous call for censoring other people's opinions that are critical of this incompetent President and Republican Administration. That is the "They" I was referring to, which you would have figured out, if you weren't always in such a hurry to correct and ridicule anyone you don't agree with. We don't need your reiteration of what has been written! You're the one who can't keep up. I expect much more, from the Post Police! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in Md.