PDA

View Full Version : Savants...and politics.

wolfdancer
10-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Nice program on savants last nite, although a repeat. They seem to have amazing recall, and some scientists believe they are free of the normal information filters that we all have...and that genious may lie inside us all.
Some are born savants, some become savants after some head trauma.
While Kim Peek (the rain man)has about 95% retention of everything that he reads, he can't tie his shoes and many with this amazing memory do not understand what they have memorized.
In studying them, scientists used magnetism to shut down differnt parts of the brain during the testing.....

I formed my own hypothesis, and need some additional data before I submit a paper to the New England Journal of Medicine.
1) How many right wingers here live within 50 yds of a power transformer?
2) How many have suffered a serious head injury?
3) How many have memorized important documents like the Constitution, but don't know what it means in totality?
4) how many have hit a "3-bagger" on this quiz
Email me JD@braindamagedpolitics.org/GOP
I'll post the results.......

Deeman3
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Nice program on savants last nite, although a repeat. They seem to have amazing recall, and some scientists believe they are free of the normal information filters that we all have...and that genious may lie inside us all.
Some are born savants, some become savants after some head trauma.
While Kim Peek (the rain man)has about 95% retention of everything that he reads, he can't tie his shoes and many with this amazing memory do not understand what they have memorized.
In studying them, scientists used magnetism to shut down differnt parts of the brain during the testing.....

I formed my own hypothesis, and need some additional data before I submit a paper to the New England Journal of Medicine.
1) How many right wingers here live within 50 yds of a power transformer? <font color="blue">No, but I did stay at a Hoilday Inn Express this weekend. "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" </font color>
2) How many have suffered a serious head injury? <font color="blue"> I did in college playing football, was a screaming liberal for a few years, then got over the injury.</font color>
3) How many have memorized important documents like the Constitution, but don't know what it means in totality? <font color="blue"> We have a Constitution? </font color>
4) how many have hit a "3-bagger" on this quiz
Email me JD@braindamagedpolitics.org/GOP
I'll post the results....... <hr /></blockquote>

I think they have now changed the term "Idiot Savant" to "Challenged Savant" or some such pea brained P/C term. I was much more comfortable when rainman could count jawbreakers by the thousands or felled toothpicks before they struck the ground than the ones now playing harpisicord with their navel.

In a moment or clarity, I did see the zen of all this but exposure to left wing blog materials has dampened that skill.

DeeMan

pooltchr
10-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I was sitting against a power pole memorizing the constitution, when a transformer came crashing down on my head. Does that count as a 3-bagger? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

wolfdancer
10-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Steve, you're way ahead in points now....here's the bonus points question:
Can you tie your own shoes?????????

pooltchr
10-24-2006, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Steve, you're way ahead in points now....here's the bonus points question:
Can you tie your own shoes????????? <hr /></blockquote>

SHOES????????? Where I live, we don't need no stinking shoes!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Deeman3
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Steve, you're way ahead in points now....here's the bonus points question:
Can you tie your own shoes????????? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Komrade,

Do excuse me but the proper term is "shoe" not "shoes". No one should have two shoes until everyone has one. </font color>

DeeMan