PDA

View Full Version : AIMING

hectorcaves
10-23-2006, 05:46 PM
anybody interested in a new aiming system

Bob_Jewett
10-23-2006, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hectorcaves:</font><hr> anybody interested in a new aiming system <hr /></blockquote>
We have had very, very extensive discussions of aiming systems here in the past, but I'm sure that if you really have a new one, we are all ears.

hectorcaves
10-23-2006, 07:01 PM
the new aiming system is called THE LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT
AIMING SYSTEM by JIM LAFAVRE ON DVD

Bob_Jewett
10-23-2006, 08:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hectorcaves:</font><hr> the new aiming system is called THE LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT
AIMING SYSTEM by JIM LAFAVRE ON DVD <hr /></blockquote>
Well, OK, but can you explain it? If not, there not much point in mentioning it in this forum unless you are just trying to drum up sales.

nAz
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hectorcaves:</font><hr> the new aiming system is called THE LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT
AIMING SYSTEM by JIM LAFAVRE ON DVD <hr /></blockquote>
Well, OK, but can you explain it? If not, there not much point in mentioning it in this forum unless you are just trying to drum up sales. <hr /></blockquote>

lol

hectorcaves you could have at least left a web page for the DVD so we could read up on the "new " system.

any details?

BTW The LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT aiming system reminds me of marching in the army /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
well i found this on Ebay web page (http://cgi.ebay.com/billiard-dvd-left-right-right-left-aiming-system_W0QQitemZ170041319899QQihZ007QQcategoryZ751 95QQcmdZViewItem)

This dvd is a aming dvd video this dvd will show you the right way to aim when playing pool.This dvd will improve your game by 30to40% once you learn this system or even more...

not much more detail, anyone want to buy it and review it? you can be the first to do it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tjlmbklr
10-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Looks like item is sold out. I will ask ebay'er if they have any more.

hectorcaves
10-24-2006, 07:35 AM
check out POOL&amp;BILLIARD magazine page29
1-815-625-2203 leave message cost 16.95

Curdog
10-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Why is information about this system so difficult to get? Is this top secret? Are you getting purchasers of the DVD to sign Confidentiality Statements? COME ON!
At least provide enough information for a person to decide whether they think the system has value. The way it's being marketed makes the product very suspect.

dr_dave
10-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I hate threads like this. Lots of talk ... no information. Please give us a brief description of how the purported "aiming system" works.

Thanks,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hectorcaves:</font><hr> anybody interested in a new aiming system <hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> I hate threads like this. Lots of talk ... no information. Please give us a brief description of how the purported "aiming system" works.

Thanks,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hectorcaves:</font><hr> anybody interested in a new aiming system <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

The LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT system?

Oh that's an old system, it's been around forever. This is how it works. You carefully get down on your shot and all lined up. Then you drop your cue in line with the shot, jump up and give your opponent the LEFT, then the RIGHT and another RIGHT, Then finish with a LEFT. Assume your position with the cue on target with the game ball and make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

Curdog
10-24-2006, 08:22 AM
This certainly firms up my decision to not purchase this product. I've been ripped off enough.

dr_dave
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks Stretch ... very helpful. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How about this instead:
Line up the shot perfectly, then blink your left eye, blink your right eye twice (with your left eye closed), blink your left eye again (with your right eye closed), then make the ball. Your opponent will then be willing to pay any price to learn about your new "aiming system." It must be good, because it obviously works.

Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> I hate threads like this. Lots of talk ... no information. Please give us a brief description of how the purported "aiming system" works.

Thanks,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hectorcaves:</font><hr> anybody interested in a new aiming system <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

The LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT system?

Oh that's an old system, it's been around forever. This is how it works. You carefully get down on your shot and all lined up. Then you drop your cue in line with the shot, jump up and give your opponent the LEFT, then the RIGHT and another RIGHT, Then finish with a LEFT. Assume your position with the cue on target with the game ball and make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St. <hr /></blockquote>

bsmutz
10-24-2006, 10:12 AM
My game jumped two balls just from reading this thread!

wolfdancer
10-24-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm wondering if the DVD comes complete with some nice John Philip Souza marching music?

dr_dave
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I'm wondering if the DVD comes complete with some nice John Philip Souza marching music? <hr /></blockquote>
Some background chanting from the "Monk Followers" would be nice too.

wolfdancer
10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
The title alone, suggests to me that it is similar to sighting a rifle...you swing right until it's clearly a miss, then left...narrowing your swings each time..until...
I doubt if i'll shell out $17 bucks to learn that

Stretch
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> The title alone, suggests to me that it is similar to sighting a rifle...you swing right until it's clearly a miss, then left...narrowing your swings each time..until...
I doubt if i'll shell out $17 bucks to learn that <hr /></blockquote>

Look at that Wolf, this brainstorming and speculation has spawned at least 4 more great aiming methods! WHOA! it's like standing on the edge of discovery, my awestruck face gazing 'or the Promised Land. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif St.

nAz
10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I like the skeet shooter method... you aim your cue close to the OB, then move the entire cue along a sweeping line of sight till you see the reflection of the over head light on the OB, at that point you pull the trigger and Bam! the OB pops into the pocket.

I can sell you a demo on DVD of this method for only $3.99 in your interested.

wolfdancer
10-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Stretch, it's obvious you ain't never heer'd a this system, and i'm not sure it's exportable to Canada, because of the tightened technology regs. Too bad because here's what jim hisself had to say about this:
This dvd is a aming dvd video this dvd will show you the right way to aim when playing pool.This dvd will improve your game by 30to40% once you learn this system or even more. It is real easy to learn. I am the author my name is Jim LaFavre,two time ill. state v.e.n.a.8 ball champ.and also finished 7th in the nine ball national tour. 2005. you can e-mail me at cueballdot@yahoo.comI I just got back from vegas and finished 5th in the seniors eight ball divison 2006 vnea tour. P.S. don,t wait to buy this dvd, the longer you wait , the farther behind you will be, pool it starting to explode, the new tour is called the IPT,if you have not hurd about it, you will soon. it is going to make alot of pool players rich. this dvd it what you need to learn to get to the top, it will show you the right way to aim.P.S. this dvd is also available in Pool&amp;Billiard Magazine, October issue and will be in the Nov.&amp;Dec issue 2006

wolfdancer
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Stretch, here's what the author says about his product:

"This dvd is a aming dvd video this dvd will show you the right way to aim when playing pool.This dvd will improve your game by 30to40% once you learn this system or even more. It is real easy to learn. I am the author my name is Jim LaFavre,two time ill. state v.e.n.a.8 ball champ.and also finished 7th in the nine ball national tour. 2005. you can e-mail me at cueballdot@yahoo.comI I just got back from vegas and finished 5th in the seniors eight ball divison 2006 vnea tour. P.S. don,t wait to buy this dvd, the longer you wait , the farther behind you will be, pool it starting to explode, the new tour is called the IPT,if you have not hurd about it, you will soon. it is going to make alot of pool players rich. this dvd it what you need to learn to get to the top, it will show you the right way to aim.P.S. this dvd is also available in Pool&amp;Billiard Magazine, October issue and will be in the Nov.&amp;Dec issue 2006"
Looks like Jim does have some credentials...
$16.95 and an IPT membership in the wings....I'm sold !!!!
All the buyer reviews were positive,but one mentioned that the video was grainy.
This may not be exportable to Canada, what with the tightened regs on protecting our technology....

tjlmbklr
10-25-2006, 06:30 AM
OK I found another one and ordered it. I am willing to pay 16+ dollars to find ut what is't about.

SpiderMan
10-25-2006, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Stretch, it's obvious you ain't never heer'd a this system, and i'm not sure it's exportable to Canada, because of the tightened technology regs. Too bad because here's what jim hisself had to say about this:
This dvd is a aming dvd video this dvd will show you the right way to aim when playing pool.This dvd will improve your game by 30to40% once you learn this system or even more. It is real easy to learn. I am the author my name is Jim LaFavre,two time ill. state v.e.n.a.8 ball champ.and also finished 7th in the nine ball national tour. 2005. you can e-mail me at cueballdot@yahoo.comI I just got back from vegas and finished 5th in the seniors eight ball divison 2006 vnea tour. P.S. don,t wait to buy this dvd, the longer you wait , the farther behind you will be, pool it starting to explode, the new tour is called the IPT,if you have not hurd about it, you will soon. it is going to make alot of pool players rich. this dvd it what you need to learn to get to the top, it will show you the right way to aim.P.S. this dvd is also available in Pool&amp;Billiard Magazine, October issue and will be in the Nov.&amp;Dec issue 2006 <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, if that's a direct quote from the author, I'd be afraid he wouldn't make any more sense on a DVD.

SpiderMan

dr_dave
10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Stretch, it's obvious you ain't never heer'd a this system, and i'm not sure it's exportable to Canada, because of the tightened technology regs. Too bad because here's what jim hisself had to say about this:
This dvd is a aming dvd video this dvd will show you the right way to aim when playing pool.This dvd will improve your game by 30to40% once you learn this system or even more. It is real easy to learn. I am the author my name is Jim LaFavre,two time ill. state v.e.n.a.8 ball champ.and also finished 7th in the nine ball national tour. 2005. you can e-mail me at cueballdot@yahoo.comI I just got back from vegas and finished 5th in the seniors eight ball divison 2006 vnea tour. P.S. don,t wait to buy this dvd, the longer you wait , the farther behind you will be, pool it starting to explode, the new tour is called the IPT,if you have not hurd about it, you will soon. it is going to make alot of pool players rich. this dvd it what you need to learn to get to the top, it will show you the right way to aim.P.S. this dvd is also available in Pool&amp;Billiard Magazine, October issue and will be in the Nov.&amp;Dec issue 2006 <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, if that's a direct quote from the author, I'd be afraid he wouldn't make any more sense on a DVD.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
Snake oil and monk-like chantings can be powerful elixirs.

Dave

wolfdancer
10-25-2006, 09:31 AM
I think you'll find it similar to Joe Tucker's aiming system.
there's only so many ways you can look at a round object, and figure out where the contact point is.
Now if you want to buy my revolutionary "Wedgie" aiming system, a $39.95 value, on sale for $19.95...or I'd be willing to trade for an eyebrow waxing from your girlfriend.
My system is based on imagining the cueball to be made up of 16 pie shaped wedges, and it first teaches you how to find the right wedge where the contact point is...then step two...well, you'll have to send in the dough.
Thanks to Dr. Dave's suggestion, I've added some Gregorian Monks Chanting music to the DVD...sorry, you'll have to supply your own doobies.