PDA

View Full Version : US slips in free press ranking

moblsv
10-24-2006, 07:00 AM
The United States (53rd) has fallen nine places since last year, after being in 17th position in the first year of the Index, in 2002. Relations between the media and the Bush administration sharply deteriorated after the president used the pretext of “national security” to regard as suspicious any journalist who questioned his “war on terrorism.”

web page (http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=639)

Gayle in MD
10-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Relations between the media and the Bush administration sharply deteriorated after the president used the pretext of “national security” to regard as suspicious any journalist who questioned his “war on terrorism.”

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

I found that incident extremely distressing. Has any other President ever made such an unamerican statement?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-24-2006, 09:22 AM
That also underscores one of GWB's biggest problems. Every President relies on his Cabinet, trusted advisors, to formulate policies. GWB, from everything I have read....does not tolerate dissent.....
That makes him alone responsible for every major decision that has occurred during his admin...depending upon your politics....you can either laud or condemn him

Drop1
10-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I think he asks God what he should do,and Rumsfeld tells him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I think he asks the devil, and Cheney tells him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif