PDA

View Full Version : NRage Energy Strips

nAz
10-24-2006, 11:40 AM
"NRage Energy Strips have recently hit the market. Like a combination breath freshener energy drink, the strips melt in the mouth rather than being chewed and swallowed."

has anyone played pool on this stuff of red bull maybe...?
I was wondering if works for you when your playing a long session and your feeling fatigued. I get a little jittery on coffee at so i would think this has the same effect for someone like me.

what do you player use to stay up?
web page (http://www.nrageusa.com/strips.htm)

Brian in VA
10-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Naz,
I'm a snacks / candy / soft drink buyer for a retailer and I get samples of this stuff all the time. One I received the other day, Diablo, was like what you're describing. Each strip contained the caffeine of a cup of coffee. I'd be climbing the walls!

From what I can tell, one product that won't give you the shakes is something called 5 Hour Energy. It's made by Chaser and it's available at many drug stores (Eckerds, Walgreens, etc) or you can buy it at many of my stores (Circuit City). It's about a one ounce bottle and sells for $2.99. While it has some caffeine in it, the big ingredient is niacin or Vitamin B12. You may experience a "niacin flush" after taking it but that goes away in a few minutes. My test team around here (co-workers) tells me it makes them alert without being jittery and there isn't a giant crash after a few hours. I haven't tried it but I'm not a fan of any of these.

Let me know if it works. I've heard from some that it's a good choice!

Brian in VA

marek
10-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Hi!
Here in Czech Republic is a product named "Speed 8". It is also sold in the bottle and the price is about 2 bucks. It takes about 10-15 minutes for it to start working. After that you can feel the energy starts pumping through you. It really helps to focus and somehow (dont know how or why) it helps me with the hand-eye coordination. I dont take it very often but if I feel tired during tournaments it may help me bigtime. What is big plus for me the product has been tested by antidoping agency in Czech Republic with negative results.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
See for yourself:
Speed 8 (http://www.speed8.cz/speed8/prolog_gb.htm)

FatsRedux
10-25-2006, 09:33 PM
You can try "Mega-Meth" it's sold by your local meth dealer. Talk about energy! OK so it makes your teeth rot and destroys you, but dang if it don't work! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Yuck. That stuff looks like a combination of caffine and sugar. Yes you will spike energy temporarily from it, but then you'll crash. You'd have to keep a steady stream of it going for the rest of the time you're there. I don't think that would be a good idea.

One thing that helps is sublingual vitamin B 12. It's natural and it's healthy and you don't crash afterwards.

Fran

nAz
10-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Brian... i always feared those little bottles never really trust the ingredients... tell you what though I will give it a try next time i come across one.

nAz
10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
never heard of "speed 8" but if i see it in the stores... I may try it out on someone else first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
10-26-2006, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Yuck. That stuff looks like a combination of caffine and sugar. Yes you will spike energy temporarily from it, but then you'll crash. You'd have to keep a steady stream of it going for the rest of the time you're there. I don't think that would be a good idea.

One thing that helps is sublingual vitamin B 12. It's natural and it's healthy and you don't crash afterwards.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

ya that is another thing the crashing part... I'm too old for that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On Monday I will be visiting my Doctor for Bi-annual physical... I will have a B12 shot then... probably gain some wait because that always picks up my appetite, as well as my energy level.

I never tried sublingual B 12, wonder if sublingual vitamin C will work too?