PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again...More Gay GOP Canddidates? *DELETED*

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Post deleted by Gayle in MD

FatsRedux
10-25-2006, 10:52 AM
OK so let me see if I have this right. It's OK to be a Democrat homo and any criticism is homophobia. But if you're a Republican homo then you're fair game. Do I have it right Gayle? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fats

Biagio
10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Fats we may be on opposite sides on some views but thank you for pointing that out. sexuality really needs to be taken out of the equation.

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
LMAO, You're kidding, right? Hell no. In fact, in my world, it is A-OK to be gay, Republican, or Democrat, Independent, or Libertarian, I think that gay people should have every right to marry, and have said so many many times, here. I am simply posting some news, why color my post with wild accusation?

I would think, though, that the reason why we are seeing all the Outings of Republicans, is because most of them have railed against gay marriage, and many of them, and their religious supporters, have labeled homosexuality as an un-natural, perversion, and a sin, an ideology which I have consistantly spoken out against. I am very strongly for gay rights. Most people who post here, know that. Guess you must have missed it?

Gayle in Md.

FatsRedux
10-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Uh huh..I see. Sorry Gayle but that dog won't hunt.

If you are anti bias then why post what you did? The ends do not justify the means.

What if someone claiming to be non racist posted something along the line of "Here We Go Again..More Hispanic/Black/ Female/Jewish/Catholic/GOP Candidates"? Whatever happened to judging people by their actions and character and not their sexual preference, race, color, or creed? You were wrong in posting that, and you and I, and anyone with a conscience know it. Shame on you!

wolfdancer
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Gayle, I'm not sure what the reporter had in mind when he wrote that article.
Was he trying to expose some duplicity re Mr. Crist, or trying to embaress him politically? Either way, in the process,the article will influence the election ( but for the right reasons?)and he has also impacted the political aspirations of Mr. Wetherington.
i think the article belonged in the Enquirer, and not in a newspaper...sorry, but no Nobel nominations for
yellow journalism.
Two references to the size of Crist's anatomy....I think the article falls inches short of responsible reporting

Drop1
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Question for you fat boy, the Libertarian Platform supports the legalization of drugs,the ones we are having a war on,and I wondered where you as a Libertarian stand,and why?

Biagio
10-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I think Gayle and most advocates of gay rights have there hearts in the right place but I have to agree with Fats. we should be glad we have log cabin republicans but just leave it at that. Iam sure there are some born-again christian democrats but no one is outing them becuase it not controviersial. I think my point is that we need to stop making sexuality so cointriversial.
by the way I know my spelling is attrocious

wolfdancer
10-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah, you didn't even spell atrocious right....and I was going to call you on your spelling of Lutheran in your bio....but found out luthiers repaired stringed instruments.
I think one of Deeman's banjo strings is busted, from dueling with it. where can he send it for repairs?

Biagio
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
I spell phonetically because of my occupation. Iam also very ADD so my thoughts can be very confusing. Iam medicated as of yesterday.
He can repair the string himself, however is he breaks the neck or the needs a resnonator he can call me.........buttt since Iam putting my opinions out there I dont think I want people to know whom I am , republicans play instrumensts also.

pooltchr
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Gayle,
I have to agree with the others. What was your motive in posting this article. There are no facts supporting either of the gentlemen involved. It does nothing but to try to sling arrows at a GOP candidate. If you really support gay rights, you should be concerned that a newspaper could print something like this with no facts to back it up other than "he said - he said". Is taking down a member of the GOP worth compromising your personal beliefs toward gays?
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey, I'e gotta admit, and this isn't easy, that I didn't read the whole damn thing...just skimmed it, and, on further study, you're right, shouldn't have posted it...sorry...but, the republicans are so hard on gays, IMO, and I think that that is very bad, not only for gay people, for for our country. Although it is interesting that as much as they have tried to put the gay lifestyle, in the worst possible light, that suddenly we are learning that quite a few Republicans are turning out to be gay. It's kind of like their anti gay marriage, anti homosexual message, that helped get them into office, according to the Religious right, has backfired in their faces. Now that, is truly where I was coming from...partisan? Probably...but take into account, that none other than Andrew Sullivan, of the New Republic, firmly believes, that if they could pull it off, the Republican Christian right, and Bush, would outlaw homosexuality, that's right, and he said it on Larry King, this week.

Gotta admit though, I was getting a kick out of the fact, that Katherine Harris, is right in the middle of another controversy...hmmmm

Gayle in Md,

Deeman3
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> YeahI think one of Deeman's banjo strings is busted, from dueling with it. where can he send it for repairs? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

How did you get me into the thread, argument. I am all for perverted, twisted and unnatural sex between cats, men, dogs and sultry redheads. I just don't want to have to join the party...... </font color>

DeeMan
all my banjo strings are perfectly intact, if not my soul...

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I have deleted the post...and, I do want to say this, it was not meant to be anti-gay, it was meant to show that regardless of all the effort to put down gay people, by the Christian right, and their party, that they also have homosexual people in their party, and that not just Democrats, are gay, or have secrets they'd like kept private. I apologize if anyone found it to be offensive. I'll never post another post again, without thoroughtly reading it.

Gayle in Md.

FatsRedux
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Question for you fat boy, the Libertarian Platform supports the legalization of drugs,the ones we are having a war on,and I wondered where you as a Libertarian stand,and why? <hr /></blockquote>

Hey now! That’s Mister Fat Boy to you, you old cantankerous curmudgeon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I believe the only solution is to end the sham War on Drugs and decriminalize all drug usage.

Prohibition did not work for alcohol, it is not working now, and it will not work in the future.

Drug Prohibition and its bastard child –the phony “war on drugs” has evolved into an industry making allies of drug warriors, private prison operators, drug dealers, and politicians alike as each has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Under the guise of fighting the drug war, we have ceded ever larger slices of our personal freedom to authority. We have watched as our police departments increasingly become more paramilitary in nature. More and more Americans have been locked up for drug crime, so that we are now in the utterly unenviable position of being the #1 nation in terms of citizens incarcerated per capita. We have spent $500 billion on this boondoggle and drug use has still risen.

Profits from drug sales have funded all sorts of shady characters, from covert operations, and terror groups, to Marxist and Maoist guerrillas, and organized crime.

It is time to look the truth in the face and deal with the problem.

"Who ever controls your perception of reality controls you"
http://www.lycaeum.org/drugwar/

Go here and see just how much of our national treasure is going to funding this failed WOD:
http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

Bill Buckley and the National Review declared the War on Drugs as lost as far back as 1996. Ten years later we are still fighting and failing:

http://www.nationalreview.com/12feb96/drug.html

Drug decriminalization would:

a.) Immediately put an end to illegal drug trafficking.
b.) Protect children from unscrupulous drug dealers.
c.) Produce more than enough tax revenue to fund effective, truthful, drug education, and treatment on demand.
d.) Significantly reduce if not eliminate all sorts of drug related crime.
e.) Strip all kinds of gangs from MS13 to the various outlaw biker gangs of a prime source of income.
f.) Help stabilize poor countries ravaged by drug funded radicals.
g.) Assure the purity and dosage of drugs.
h.) Reduce deaths by overdose.
i.) Allow us to regain more of our freedom and rights.

By the way thank you for your question and for giving me a chance to share my views on this.

Fats

Drop1
10-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Thank you,Mister Fat Man Sir, How come just because I watched the troops leaving for the war with Germany,people mistake me for being elderly? About the answer,I would like to say your reply is well thought out,and paralles my thinking on the subject. I'm becoming a friggin Libertarian /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
10-26-2006, 07:09 AM
We're missing the point here. Why are there so many
more gay Republicans than gay Democrats? That's the
question. And why are heterosexual Dems more sensitive
to the needs of their fellow MAN than all these
homosexual Repubs. It just doesn't make sense.
Riddle me that one, fat one.

hondo
10-26-2006, 07:11 AM
When did you sober up?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Biagio:</font><hr> I think Gayle and most advocates of gay rights have there hearts in the right place but I have to agree with Fats. we should be glad we have log cabin republicans but just leave it at that. Iam sure there are some born-again christian democrats but no one is outing them becuase it not controviersial. I think my point is that we need to stop making sexuality so cointriversial.
by the way I know my spelling is attrocious <hr /></blockquote>

FatsRedux
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> We're missing the point here. Why are there so many
more gay Republicans than gay Democrats? That's the
question. And why are heterosexual Dems more sensitive
to the needs of their fellow MAN than all these
homosexual Repubs. It just doesn't make sense.
Riddle me that one, fat one. <hr /></blockquote>

How did you arrive at your conclusion regarding how many gays there are in each given party? What empirical data do you have? Likewise what proof do you offer regarding your comment about Democrat gays being more "sensitive to the needs of their fellow man"? Your statements are nonsensical and illogical.

What qualifications do you or I (as heterosexual males) have to make sweeping statements about homosexual political issues?

Fats

hondo
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Do you mean to tell me that you have facts that
back up everything you spout on these forums?
I'm impressed.

FatsRedux
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Do you mean to tell me that you have facts that
I'm impressed. <hr /></blockquote>

You're just trying to pick a fight. Sorry, I'm just not interested.

Have a great day.

Fats

hondo
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FatsRedux:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Do you mean to tell me that you have facts that
I'm impressed. <hr /></blockquote>

You're just trying to pick a fight. Sorry, I'm just not interested.

Have a great day.

Fats <hr /></blockquote>

Fight? Moi? Avec vous? Non! Je regardez-vous avec
esteem.

wolfdancer
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I didn't know you were so high strung

Deeman3
10-26-2006, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Sorry, I didn't know you were so high strung <hr /></blockquote>

Wolfdancer,

Not high strung but.....just a sensitive type trying to get in touch with my inner child or liberal side....I'm just glad you didn't say I was high hung! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DeeMan

nAz
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Dee what do you get high on, err ifyou don't mine my asking?