PDA

View Full Version : Removing Felt

Biagio
10-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Can some one give me anyideas the easiest way to remove felt from a table whose felt is glued. Iam buing a Kasson and am going to move the table myself, is it popssible to save the felt when its glued down, I assume its not.
thanks
Bill

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Ive assisted in recovering a few hundred tables, but never one where the cloth was glued down. I cant see how you could save a glued down cloth....and if that is a one piece slate you are dealing with...chances are it is glued.Good luck...let us here know how it turns out...

Drop1
10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
This is my suggestion. Get into a well ventilated area,and wet a area in the center on the table,with naptha,wait five minutes,and begin pushing the cloth up with a putty knife,applying more naptha,as you go. Don't forget to remove the rails. Cut and tear where possible. I don't think there is anyway you can save the cloth.

Pooltable911
11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Unbacked slate is glued around the edges of the slate. It can be peeled up very easy. Just start with all the pockets first and becareful not to rip the cloth. We reuse cloth all the time on table moves.

Pat O'Donnell
www.pool-table-services.com (http://www.pool-table-services.com)