PDA

View Full Version : July 10, 2003

Drop1
10-25-2006, 11:25 AM
On that date,hostile fire,and accidents had killed 213 troops. Today the death toll is 2803 killed. Put the pencil to the paper,and figure out how many more deaths there will be before George leaves office.

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
I truly shudder to think of it. And Today, he referred in his press conference to the stakes, the threatening stakes, of what would happen, if radical Islamists were to take over Iraq, and its oil, using his usual "Talk down to these dummies" tone.

If Saddam were still there, believe me, we wouldn't be facing that worry. There were no Radical Islamists in Iraq, until HE went in there, and didn't prosecute the occupation efficiently or effectively. Now, in my world, he's the Commander and Chief, so whose fault is that? There are literally dozens of books, which lay out exactly what happened, in detail. Rumsfeld, battered the Generals down to a pulp. They weren't going to get what they needed, period, the same way our Special Forces didn't get what they needed when they had bin Laden in their sights. Bush, and his top officials, are incompetent, period. Many many people have died because of it. And people here say I am a Bush Basher? Humph! What are people supposed to do? Pretend he's doing a good job. Not me!

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
My whole family is Rebublican,and what little political exposure I had to politics was to Damn the Democrats. They are still Republicans,but not Bush supportors. It is a difficult time for Republicans,who are honest,and put the Country ahead of politics.

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, I would have to agree with that summation, Drop, it would be difficult. I think that my concern for our troops, does not leave enough understanding for good people, who are Republican, but, do not support Bush's policies, though they still subscribe to the basic Republican ideals. Those are the people who have really been let down, because they voted for something, and got something else entirely.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
10-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I understand what you are saying,there candidat betrayed them,and they feel wounded,but more important than what they feel,are the people who will die before this war is over thanks in large part to the ego of Bush,who now says he is not satisfied with how the war is going.Well Chimp,who has been running things.

Gayle in MD
10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
My feelings, precisely...

Gayle in Md.