PDA

View Full Version : az billiards web site?

JimS
10-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Anybody know what's up with the az billiards website?

For about a month now I've had big-time problems using the az billiards web site. It takes several minutes for the site to open and several additional minutes for every attempt to navigate the site. Can't even get into the forums at all.

A few days I'd understand but can't figure out why this would be going on for a month. Every other web site I frequent works ok so I'd guess it's not my puter or browser.

MrLucky
10-27-2006, 05:58 AM
I am on it every day posting and not one problem! perhaps its your browser? I am on firefox on a IMac and also a sony laptop running XP and firefox! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PoolSharkAllen
10-27-2006, 06:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Anybody know what's up with the az billiards website?

For about a month now I've had big-time problems using the az billiards web site. It takes several minutes for the site to open and several additional minutes for every attempt to navigate the site. Can't even get into the forums at all.

A few days I'd understand but can't figure out why this would be going on for a month. Every other web site I frequent works ok so I'd guess it's not my puter or browser. <hr /></blockquote>Jim, About a month ago, AZB moved to a new server, which should have fixed most of the performance-related problems you mentioned. AZB works much better now so the problem sounds like it's somehow on your end.

If you're using the Internet Explorer browser, I would try cleaning out your temporary cache files. Navigate to Tools &gt; Internet Options &gt; Under Temporary Internet Files, selete the Delete Files button &gt; press OK on the Delete Files pop-up.

PoolSharkAllen
10-27-2006, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolSharkAllen:</font><hr>
If you're using the Internet Explorer browser, I would try cleaning out your temporary cache files. Navigate to Tools &gt; Internet Options &gt; Under Temporary Internet Files, selete the Delete Files button &gt; press OK on the Delete Files pop-up. <hr /></blockquote>Also, under the Delete Files pop-up, select the check box to Delete all Offline Content &gt; press OK. Now try using the AZB web site and see if that doesn't fix your problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
10-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Jim, if you haven't officially logged out of AZB for a while, go there and log out and then reenter. That may fix your problem. If not, contact AZHousepro and see if he can help.

BLACKHEART
10-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm having the same problem, Jim. It's been about a month now...JER

BLACKHEART
10-27-2006, 04:33 PM
RICH, if we can't get the web site to come up, how are we going to LOG OUT???...JER

Rich R.
10-27-2006, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> RICH, if we can't get the web site to come up, how are we going to LOG OUT???...JER <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry Jer, I misread Jim's original post. I guess my way won't work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BLACKHEART
10-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Well I tryed everything suggested here &amp; no luck. I did e-mail AZHousepro. Maybe he has an answer...JER

JimS
10-28-2006, 04:14 AM
I emailed house pro Wed, I think, and no reply as yet. Thanks to all for the attempts to solve. I'll try what you suggested.

Thanks Jer! I thought sure as hell it was my puter ineptitude yet again! Nice to see old faces here. I haven't even lurked for about a year... haven't picked up a cue for 1.5 yrs. Just lost all interest. Been back to hot rodding the last year or so.
See www.swardphotos.shutterfly.com (http://www.swardphotos.shutterfly.com) 600 hp, supercharged, alcohol injected, slambam,asskickin,neckjerkin,tireboilin,coolfreaki n,pickup'm truck /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Edit: Now that I put a little thought into it I haven't been able to get onto az on this puter, or on my wireless notebook, or even at the office... maybe I haven't tried at the office??, can't remember for sure (a sure sign of becoming a geezer.. which I am) I'll have to make a note to try at the office. I know I gave there but... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2nd Edit: Somebody please tell house pro about our problems. If it's happenin to me AND to Jer then there are many others out there. Even if I'm not swingin the stick I miss az. It's the BEST for pool news. I still think this site is the best for civil discourse but for pool news az far outshines them all.... imo.
Jim

Rich R.
10-28-2006, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr>2nd Edit: Somebody please tell house pro about our problems. <hr /></blockquote>
I just sent AzHousePro a PM on that site. Hopefully Mike can help.

will8834
10-28-2006, 10:25 AM
I have the same problem. It has been going on for about a month. I can load the home page but it is very slow. I have not been able to load the message board at all.

JimS
10-28-2006, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote will8834:</font><hr> I have the same problem. It has been going on for about a month. I can load the home page but it is very slow. I have not been able to load the message board at all. <hr /></blockquote>

EXACTLY my experience. I give up way before it finally boots up because even if I get on the home page I can't go anywhere else in the website.

PoolSharkAllen
10-28-2006, 02:34 PM
For those of you who haven't already tried this, please read my earlier two postings about clearing out your cache files. This may resolve the performance problems that you are having.

JimS
10-29-2006, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolSharkAllen:</font><hr> For those of you who haven't already tried this, please read my earlier two postings about clearing out your cache files. This may resolve the performance problems that you are having. <hr /></blockquote>

I did it. Still can't get into az without leaving the puter for several minutes then still can't reach the forum.

Az is the ONLY site with which I'm having problems so I don't think I'm having performance problems... I think AZ is having performance problems.

PoolSharkAllen
10-29-2006, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr>
I did it. Still can't get into az without leaving the puter for several minutes then still can't reach the forum.

Az is the ONLY site with which I'm having problems so I don't think I'm having performance problems... I think AZ is having performance problems. <hr /></blockquote>
I typically use the Mozilla Firefox browser to access AZB. I just launched the Internet Explorer browser and AZB works fine for me.

You might want to consider going to the Mozilla web site and downloading the Firefox browser to access AZB.

will8834
10-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I use firefox and cant load the site. I have 3 computers in my home and cant access it from any of them. I dont think browsers or computers are the issue.

DickLeonard
10-31-2006, 06:08 AM
JimS I thought we would see you on the World Poker Tour. The other indoor sport.####

PoolSharkAllen
10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote will8834:</font><hr> I use firefox and cant load the site. I have 3 computers in my home and cant access it from any of them. I dont think browsers or computers are the issue. <hr /></blockquote>
Well, it looks like I'm now in very good company. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's now been 24 hours and I haven't been able to access the AZB forums. Please pass the popcorn.

PoolSharkAllen
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolSharkAllen:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>
Well, it looks like I'm now in very good company. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's now been 24 hours and I haven't been able to access the AZB forums. Please pass the popcorn. <hr /></blockquote>
I just had an inspiration to try rebooting my desktop. Voila! The problem has been fixed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you haven't rebooted your desktop in awhile, you might want to see if that resolves your problem with the AZB forums.

BLACKHEART
11-01-2006, 07:58 AM
I've got it now, too...JER

JimS
11-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Now it works from my office puter but I've not tried it from home lately. I try to remember tonight. Thanks for the help everyone.

Reboot the desktop? You mean reboot the puter?

PoolSharkAllen
11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Reboot the desktop? You mean reboot the puter? <hr /></blockquote> Yup! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimS
11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
All is well. I can now access AZ on all my puters with no problems.