PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Gold Crown First Series

isumba1999
10-27-2006, 09:46 AM
I am new to owning a pool table but not to playing the game. I just purchased a Gold Crown AR6100 and I am trying to figure out if it is original or if someone has painted it. I am looking for any pictures or information someone might have to help me. If it has been painted I want to restore it to it's original scheme. Thanks for any help you can provide!! Tanya

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
They painted a lot of them tables, a crappy reddish brown, maroon.....
I saw one table restored to it's original natural wood finish, and it looked great.
Go to www.rebcobilliards.com/ (http://www.rebcobilliards.com/) and see if they have a pix of a similar table.

isumba1999
10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I see one out there and it is a dark brown. Mine has the brown laminate on the rails and then the apron and the pedestal are painted a light cream color. The table itself is in great shape...needs refelted...and new plastic pockets but that is it. I picked it up for $600.

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a great price. It isn't that much trouble stripping the paint off..a bit messy though....and refinishing
is also relatively easy...good luck...

isumba1999
10-27-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree that refinishing isn't that difficult...like you said messy and time consuming. Now I can't decide if I want to strip it and finish it or leave it like it is which is probably original. Any pointers on where to find the correct plastic pockets or other parts I might be missing? And how do I find a table mechanic in the area...Des Moines Iowa...actually Ames Iowa? Thanks again!

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Same site...an email to Bob Bebb, might help..
I don't know nothing about no bars, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, no pool, in Ames, mister..

isumba1999
10-27-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm not a Mister...I'm a Miss...Miss Tanya /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bsmutz
10-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I think that was a quote from the Hustler (Paul Newman & Jackie Gleason).