PDA

View Full Version : Something nice to say about the right

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I never thought I would be the one to have something good to say...but you have to give credit, where credit is due.
They are willing to step up and confront key issues,and not worry if it's PC, or not.
First there was Ann Coulter exposing the Merry Widows of 9/11, as opportunists, undeserving of any sympathy, and now noted medical expert, Newt Gringrich has revealed that M.J. Fox is faking his symptoms, in an obvious attempt to undermine the Presidential, Biblical decision to ban embryo research.
thank God we have strong spokespersons like these, to point out these truths.

Drop1
10-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Good old Newt,the man knows you can't trust actors,they have a leg up on those poor players who strut their final hours on the political stage,full of sound and fury,making promises signifing nothing. Now in the winter of Republican discontent they stand naked,warmed only by lies.

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry, but I detect a note of sarcasm in your reply....and we're striving for eharmony here. you can see how much more wholesome the board has become these past few days, now that the left wing, liberal, political agitators have stopped posting

Gayle in MD
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Newt came off with that BS too? I knew that Limbaugh had, but didn't know Newt had chimed in.

We have a friend in Michael's same predicament, he never knows, from one day to the next, how well his pills will be working for him. Leave it to the party of compassion.

Personally, they all disgust me, Coulter, Hannity, Limbaugh, what kind of people are attracted to them? The party's view on Stem Cell Research, is just one more effort to turn back human progress. Just like the checks which were put into law, to prevent presidential abuse of power, after what the country was exposed to, compliments of Richard Nixon, but now being dismantled, by You know who. Atleast, Nixon, had some redeeming quialities, he was very good on foreign affairs, and I always thought his wife, was genuine. I felt really bad for his family during that time, as I did for the Clintons. Do I feel sorry for smile-nod-smile-nod....Nope! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey, i'm not sure how well my pills are working either. I've always been such a big fan of both rush and Newt, that I sometimes mix 'em up

Drop1
10-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes,there does seem to be more eharmony,and I do think wholesome feelings are permeating the forum,sweet Jesus,I feel like I might burst into song. Now to say something nice about the right,they have good posture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure which bothers me more...Fox using his affliction with Parkinsons in a political commercial, or the Dems for using Fox for political purposes. For anyone to suggest that the only way to cure his disease is to vote for one party or the other is outrageous. This election season has sunk to a new all-time low.
I have all the sympathy in the world for anyone who suffers from this problem...but to make it a political campaign issue is beyond sleazy.
Steve

Drop1
10-27-2006, 07:22 PM
I agree with you one hundred percent. There are real non political problems with stem cell research,and in no way should a persons affliction,or possible cure of that disease be used,as it was by the Dems. Stem cell research is going on around the world,I think the non participation of the U.S. in this research is unsound policy. The entire eposode of Fox,and the Dems stinks of ignorance.

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, GWB wasn't going to help.....

wolfdancer
10-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Harry, there's hope for you yet. I'm thinking we could get a contest going here...for the top ten nicest things to say about GWB....I'm beginning to "feel the love"

Sid_Vicious
10-28-2006, 12:11 AM
"We have a friend in Michael's same predicament, he never knows, from one day to the next,,,"

Everyone Gayle, with some variant of a social life at all, knows someone with a real life affliction which they are deeded by God, or by the gods...matters only to that person and to those whom it affects. What I don't understand is how even the "affected" relatives and educated ones keep this vigilance for such attacks by an obvious bozo. Sad is such a little emotion within my thoughts...Sid Vicious

Chopstick
10-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Well, you don't see members of the right side of this board posting crap about the left day after day. Don't you people have anything else to talk about?

Gayle in MD
10-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Sid,
What else can be expected from Republicans? We're attacked, on 9/11, and withint moments, Rumsfeld is asking, how can we use this to forward our plans for Iraq.

What I think is sad is that we were attacked, by people who justified what death and misery they brought to thousands, by caliming that justification in honor of their God. Now our president, uses HIS God to justify killing hundreds of thousands more, and using torture to interrogate prisoners, who have no legal right to prove their innocence.

As Americans, we face an evil enemy, but, we have lost our high moral ground by justifying torture. It is revealing, that such a tragedy has occured, under the leadership of a man who calls himself a Christian.

On CNN last night, Keith Oberman's show, they aired a clip of a man being waterboarded. He was lying on the ground, being held down, with a cover being held over his face, and water being forced down his mouth and nose, he was trembling all over, in horrible gyrations, as it went on and on. It made me physically ill. I was actually in tears, not only because of how torturous the man's horrible experience was, but because the President, and Vice President, and apparently others in my country, have supported this. IOW, it made me ill, because I felt that I, being American, am somehow involved in something so inhumane. Is this George Bush's version of Do unto others?

Anyone, who can support such inhumane treatment of another human being, cannot possibly claim to do the work of Jesus. We are becomming our enemy, and the world, is showing us their disapproval. We have lost a great deal, under the leadership of George Bush, who calls himself a Christian. Anyone who votes Republican, is voting for torture, and against humane considerations for many who suffer from disease, and voting against our Constitution. Those who justify such horror by invoking the evil of their enmies, are no better than the enemy, IMO. To think that John McCain, who suffered himself at the hands of evil torturers, failed to stand firm against giving Bush authority for such inhumane actions, shows me how far from our moral high ground we, as Americans, have drifted. People who can justify Ann Coulter's, disgusting remarks, and this administration's use of fear fear fear, instead of being morally responsible to it's citizens, and displaying the courage, and higher moral ground as leaders, to us, and to the world, and then turn around and condemn Michael J. Fox for standing up for those who suffer from his same disease, and many other diseases which our compassionate President obviously doesn't care about, are destroying America, our conscience, our morals, our humane determination, and the future of our children. How can they be so outraged over something so inconseqauential as prayer in school, and yet, they can justify the worst of human evil? I shudder to think that children in my country, are being raised, by people with such a mentality.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Steve,
It was OK with you for the president to use the deaths of our people on 9/11 for his re-election campaign, and use as justification to occupy a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, but it isn't alright for MJ Fox, to exercise his right, as an American citizen, to speak up for those in this country who suffer from diseases which might be cured from stem cells, which are going to be thrown away?

It was OK, for Coulter to slander widows of 9/11 though?

It is OK for our country to carry the shame of torture though?

It is OK for the Republican Party, to capitalize on our worst National attack to ptomote their policies, and work consistantly to strike fear in the hearts of their citizens, non stop, in their campaigns for re-election, but M.J.Fox, can't speak to their policies on Stem Cell Research?

You're fine with torture, though?

You're fine with hundreds of thousands being killed in the Middle East, people being locked up with no rights, being tortured, a president who breaks the law, and lies, but people who are ill, must be silenced?

that's just great...

Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
10-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Why is your IP address from Uruguay?

Drop1
10-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I have no idea,I live in Guadalajara Mexico,and Telmex is my IP,and AT&T is my high speed connection. If you want my address,phone number,or e-mail,let me know and I will be glad to give them to you.

Drop1
10-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Gayle,the problem I have with bringing stem cell research into the political arena by anyone,is the hope for the afflicted,that stem cell research offers a cure to them. Stem cell research has been going on since the sixties,and a lot of progress is being made,in the area of harvesting adult stem cells. One problem that comes to the front recently is a connection between cancer cells,and stem cells,I'm sure as our knowledge increases there will be more progress,and set backs. I just wish,that it was not seen,as a political tool,or subjected to religious moralizing. LOL

Drop1
10-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Chopstick,the Right are in charge,and the country is going to hell,what more do you need to know. I think this is still our country too,and to speak out against what has occured,is our right,as it is your right to disagree.

Fran Crimi
10-28-2006, 10:35 AM
I guess your IP must flow through Uruguay. I think that's interesting. Do you like living in Guadalajara? I have a friend from there and when he returns there to visit he says he lives like a king there.

Fran

eg8r
10-28-2006, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The party's view on Stem Cell Research, is just one more effort to turn back human progress. <hr /></blockquote> More BS from the "Coulter-of-the-left". Here you are just tooling around doing fine then you say something that is just ridiculous. The "Right's" stance on stem cell research in no way turns back human progress. There is nothing stopping private indivuals and companies to continue their research just as they would have if the left did not try to make it political. For once why don't you hit the brakes and see if you are exaggerating way beyond the deep end.

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I think there is a fine distinction between questioning and opposing the majority party's policies, and it's leader's dictates...and writing crap about the right. I've given up really commenting on politics here...because of idiotic remarks like yours. the daily papers and their investigative reporters do a much better job. It's too bad you guys don't read the newspapers, nor see the handwriting on the wall.
no one from the so called "right" here has ever written anything intelligent in rebuttal of anything posted here by the "left" There is nothing you could write anyway to explain away what is going on.
Just a buch of meaningless insults, mostly juvenile,etc
If I could just get the admin to remove the profanity filters for just one day...I could tell you guys where to empty your bladder, and what part of my anatomy you can kiss, and where to Stick "it".....

Gayle in MD
10-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Dear Drop,
So well conveyed, my thought are as yours. What more could one say, about the subject? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Drop1
10-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Guadalajara has a lot to offer,and there is a large U.S. and Canadian population here. The VFW is the largest Post,and one of most active through the womens' axuiliary.The big event coming up is the Halloween dance. I do plan to return to the States,before too long,I have been spending a lot of time on Realtor.com.

Gayle in MD
10-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Jack, so well said, what more could one say?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
10-28-2006, 12:02 PM
You are so funny......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
G.

wolfdancer
10-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I may have amended the post a bit after you replied.
It really is just a waste of cyberspace to point out the obvious. we don't have the "best" newspaper up here, but they do print some good copy from some of the bigger ones. there's a fine article today "Iraqis paying price for U.S. mistakes"
byline Trudy Rubin of the Philly Inquirer.
that's the people the "right" should be challenging the views of, not anyone here for just posting the article.
but it doesn't take any facts to call people names....and then like "dumb and dumber" they take some kind of smug satisfaction that the insult has somehow disproved the article. you wonder how Bush got elected to a second term, wonder how he can keep changing his statements daily, and they keep believing him...why the Foley scandal is just dirty politics by the Dems, or wonder why Michael Fox can't believe anybody would oppose beneficial research, and wants to speak out about that? It's too bad that Christopher Reeves can't add his voice to the ad.......

Gayle in MD
10-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Bravo...sad, but good point. Seems the right has never been able to value the view of probably the best President they ever offered the world. Perfect, no, but a good President. ronald Reagan, and his family, definately for Stem Cell Research. Guess, some of us most be more sensitive to suffering, than others?

G.

FatsRedux
10-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Right/left/Republican/Democrat..the only difference is which has you down with their wing tip oxford or Birkenstock at your throat while helping themselves to your hard earned money like pigs at the trough.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
--Albert Einstein

Don't Be INSANE! Vote Libertarian.

Fats

DickLeonard
10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Gayle I have come to the conclusion that George Bush was the reason for 911. Osama hatred for the US comes from the Infidel American Troops in Saudia Arabia. We are on Holy Ground propping up one of the worst dictatorships in the World. And the Bush's are so far up the Shieks skirts that Osama had only one out.

Getting the Saudias out of our country on 912 proved that point to me. There is no other explanation for that treasons act..####

pooltchr
10-28-2006, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Steve,
, but it isn't alright for MJ Fox, to exercise his right, as an American citizen, to speak up for those in this country who suffer from diseases which might be cured from stem cells, which are going to be thrown away?
Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

If he was speaking up for those with the disease, that would be one thing. He wasn't speaking in support of them...he was speaking in support of a political party.
The dems used his celeb status and his affliction to try and tug at the heartstrings of the voters. All they ended up doing was make themselves look desparate and trivial.
Steve

Drop1
10-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Mister fat boy sir,I'm insane, can I still vote Libertarian? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ok senile,just a matter of splitting something... where are my damn pills.

Sid_Vicious
10-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Those who justify such horror by invoking the evil of their enmies, are no better than the enemy

Gayle...I fully expect this inner reaction to be deemed as all left and a slanted parallel to each other, but I have to expound my agreement on the statement you made above, aggressively and with fervor. Thanks for actually being red blooded American,,,which equals simply, valued to thinking in an open minded and compassionate way. Be it God, be it Christ, or be it THE gods...our leadership is a disgrace to everyone of the ones I reflected upon.

Ya know already that I learned a long time ago to stop myself when i say the words, "I hate", and say "No I don't hate anything, except evil." Bush has entered the evil zone, and a blasphemy IMMOSO to the Christian teachings I was taught early on. bin laden is happy for what he's done in the change that's occurred. I would have never believed it would have been possible in my lifetime to see the blind ignorance to the obvious, that I see today, in many of my fellow friends and so-called patriotic Americans....Sid Vicious

FatsRedux
10-29-2006, 12:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle I have come to the conclusion that George Bush was the reason for 911. Osama hatred for the US comes from the Infidel American Troops in Saudia Arabia. We are on Holy Ground propping up one of the worst dictatorships in the World. And the Bush's are so far up the Shieks skirts that Osama had only one out.

Getting the Saudias out of our country on 912 proved that point to me. There is no other explanation for that treasons act..#### <hr /></blockquote>

Wow where can I begin to rebutt such astute reasoning?

George Bush Sr, was the reason for 9/11. Wow.. I haven't had a revelation like that since the time I tripped on DMT! Far freaking out there man!

Generalized anti US hatred over US support for Israel, US installed puppet regimes, a poor standard of living and a general sense of being left out, corruption, Salafist ideology, the rise of Muslim radicalism, none of those had anything to do with it, it was the troops in Saudi Arabia. Dude, I really dig it! I'm like totally grokking you. WHOA!! That's awesome!!

"We are on Holy Ground" Hmmmmmmm. I got news for you Poindexter all ground is Holy Ground. How come you don't say a damned thing about Muslims? Whatsammata wit you? Are you stoonod or something?

Oh yeah all Christians are abnormal, Bible Thumping freaks, and those damned Jews.. [censored] they should be driven out of Israel. Ain't that right?

You kiss the Islamist's gluteus maximuses while turning your back on your brothers. You mock Judeo-Christian values while heaping praise on those that would destroy you. Mark my words..the day the Catholic and Jewish vote desert your party, it wil be kaput, finished, see ya!

Lastly..I don't care if the Bushes have their heads up the Saudi's asses, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT WE HAD IT COMING AND THAT IT WAS OK...BECAUSE IT WAS "OSAMA'S ONLY OUT". Man I'm sorry, but Mister you don't know jack sh*t, that is about the most ignorant, repulsive, disgusting, narrow minded thing I have heard in quite some time. I'm telling ya, it made me physically ill.

You know what? I'm a Libertarian and all that good stuff..
but trust me when I say to you, that if I had been President on 9/11.. I would have nuked Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran , Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Syria. Then we could have all gotten back to business.

Be glad Bush was the President and not me.

Fats

eg8r
10-29-2006, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've given up really commenting on politics here...because of idiotic remarks like yours. the daily papers and their investigative reporters do a much better job. It's too bad you guys don't read the newspapers, nor see the handwriting on the wall.
no one from the so called "right" here has ever written anything intelligent in rebuttal of anything posted here by the "left" There is nothing you could write anyway to explain away what is going on.
Just a buch of meaningless insults, mostly juvenile,etc<hr /></blockquote> Your post is a prime example of meaningless insults and juvenile.

[ QUOTE ]
If I could just get the admin to remove the profanity filters for just one day...I could tell you guys where to empty your bladder, and what part of my anatomy you can kiss, and where to Stick "it"..... <hr /></blockquote> Yeah, that wouldn't be juvenile would it.

eg8r

Drop1
10-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm very glad,that you were not President. I'm sorry that Bush was,now I have to figure out where is the difference between the two of you. By your own admission, Bush is a cooler head,that could be due to the draft /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
but trust me when I say to you, that if I had been President on 9/11.. I would have nuked Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran , Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Syria. Then we could have all gotten back to business.
Did you have any contingincy plans for when the resulting mushroom cloud drifted over the continents and arrived here?
I think you might be reading a little more into Dick's post then he intended...but there is no way to justify OBL

wolfdancer
10-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Here's a book that sounds interesting (and non-partisan)
"The Looming Tower"
the reviews:
Starred Review. Wright, a New Yorker writer, brings exhaustive research and delightful prose to one of the best books yet on the history of terrorism. He begins with the observation that, despite an impressive record of terror and assassination, post–WWarII, Islamic militants failed to establish theocracies in any Arab country. Many helped Afghanistan resist the Russian invasion of 1979 before their unemployed warriors stepped up efforts at home. Al-Qaeda, formed in Afghanistan in 1988 and led by Osama bin Laden, pursued a different agenda, blaming America for Islam's problems. Less wealthy than believed, bin Laden's talents lay in organization and PR, Wright asserts. Ten years later, bin Laden blew up U.S. embassies in Africa and the destroyer Cole, opening the floodgates of money and recruits. Wright's step-by-step description of these attacks reveals that planning terror is a sloppy business, leaving a trail of clues that, in the case of 9/11, raised many suspicions among individuals in the FBI, CIA and NSA. Wright shows that 9/11 could have been prevented if those agencies had worked together. As a fugitive, bin Ladin's days as a terror mastermind may be past, but his success has spawned swarms of imitators. This is an important, gripping and profoundly disheartening book. (Aug.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

From Bookmarks Magazine
The Looming Tower may be the most riveting, informative, and "heart-stopping account" yet of the men who shaped 9/11 (New York Times Book Review). The focus on individuals gives the book its emotional punch, but it is also a narrative bold in conception and historical sweep. Lawrence Wright conducted more than 500 interviews, from bin Laden's best friend in college to Richard A. Clarke, Saudi royalty, Afghan mujahideen, and reporters for Al Jazeera. The result, while evenhanded in its analysis of the complex motives, ideals, and power plays that led to 9/11, leaves few nefarious details uncovered. An abrupt ending did little to sway critics that Looming Tower is nothing less than "indispensable" reading (Cleveland Plain Dealer).

FatsRedux
10-29-2006, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm very glad,that you were not President.

<font color="red">LOL, me too! I really wouldn't want to be President anyway, it's got to be one of the toughest jobs in the world. Certainly not a job for undiplomatic hot heads such as I.
</font color>
I'm sorry that Bush was,now I have to figure out where is the difference between the two of you.

<font color="red"> I'm much better looking, and I could beat him like a red headed step child on a pool table.
</font color>
By your own admission, Bush is a cooler head,that could be due to the draft /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

President Fats addressing the UN: " We have placed 15 cobalt jacketed doomsday bombs at an equal number of top secret locations. If push comes to shove and it looks like we're going out..we'll take all of you with us. BTW, you've got 48 hours to pack your bags and get out of the US. Oh, and as of right now, all foreign aid is being cut off to everyone. Now get out of here and don't let the door hit you on the way out, you insignificant little apes! Have a nice day!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fats

Gayle in MD
10-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I couldn't disagree more. He was speaking for himself, and for all the others who might be helped by voting for the party which does not make present day medical and private family medical decisions, according to a book writeen thousands of years ago.

Scientists, and particularly the Scientists affiliated with the National Institutes Of Health, are in agreement that Stem Cell Research, using Embryotic Stem Cells, offer the most promising results in fighting many diseases, and finding a cure for cancer, far much more promise than adult Stem Cells.

Your intention to paint Mr, Fox's effort to enlighten the public on the ignorant, uncompassionate views of Republicans, regarding the use of embryotic Stem Cell Research, as a political effort, are, IMO, unfeeling on your part, and do not address the issue, or what it means to those who suffer daily, as does Mr. Fox.

Christopher Reeves, was often seen, on camera, promoting Politicians who were in favor of Embryotic Stem Cell Research. I think they were both very brave, to step up to the plate.

You're reasons, whatever they may be, for supporting Republcians, after watching they're obvious spending spree, fiscal irresponsibility, and destructive results in the fight against terror, are not more noble than that of Michael J. Fox, or Christopher Reeves, and IMO, partisan far beyond what Fox, or the Democrats are trying to accomplish on behalf of those who suffer.

Also, if there is a desparate party this election, I certainly don't think, with a deficit of 43 trillion dollars, and a failing war, which is costing the American taxpayers 8 billion dollars a month, and which our National Security Estimate assures us has made us less safe, and greatly increased our danger here, emboldened the terrorists, and increased their numbers, that it is the Democratic party, which is desparate.

Trivial, could only describe the concerns of the kind of voters who are more concerned about tax cuts, than they are about massive deficits, a broken system of Government, American troops forced to remain caught in a slaughter, and an Executive branch known for being out of touch with reality, and unable to make a single accurate prediction about the results of their policies, which have killed thousands of people.

Gayle in Md.

FatsRedux
10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the book I'll order it and get back to you about it once I've read it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fats

FatsRedux
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Mister fat boy sir,I'm insane, can I still vote Libertarian? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ok senile,just a matter of splitting something... where are my damn pills. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes ours is a really big tent party. (In fact no other party parties harder!) We welcome everyone and we are pro choice on everything! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, my crystal ball says you left the pills on the shelf in the kitchen cabinet right by the sink. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fats

Gayle in MD
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Dick,
Considering that many many Intelligence experts have written about what an outrageous act it was when Bush flew bin Laden's family members out of this country, and the Saudis, I agree completely with you that that was a very treasonist act. Unfortunately, his law breaking has gone unchecked, due to the blank check congress which has been in control.

Have you ever seen so many books, and magazine articles, written by members of a President's own party, which condemn his actions and decisions?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I agree, and I suppose, they are victims of their own ignorance, and ego. That is the only explanation, as far as I can tell. The factual information, is certainly out there. They just choose not to read it. Hence, we have the blind, leading the blind. Just what we need to fight terrorists.

Wouldn't you just love to hear someone get up somewhere Bush is running his BS about the Democrats will raise your taxes, and shout out, But You're paying for the tax cuts by borrowing money from China!!!!

What kind of parents, mortgage off the future of the kids and grand kids?

Ignorance is the only answer. Ignorance and greed.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-29-2006, 01:49 PM
"The dems used his celeb status and his affliction to try and tug at the heartstrings of the voters. All they ended up doing was make themselves look desparate and trivial."

Like the other side wouldn't do the same thing if the situation was reversed. All's fair in love and war....and dirty politics.
What may come across as desperate and trivial to you...to a less biased person....compassion and concern, may sway his or hers, vote.
When you think back a few hundred years ago, when bodies had to be stolen from graves to study anatomy...due to the religion controlled views against that practice
web page (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/06/26/how_did_doctors_study_anatomy_in_the_towns_west_of _boston_two_centuries_ago/)
I don't see any difference here, with Bush's outdated theological opposition....that went against the majority wishes of the Congress....which last time I looked...represented the people.
I don't care how desperate and trivial it looks.....if we need to change the leadership, to get some research started ...let's boot their a$$ out of office....

wolfdancer
10-29-2006, 02:21 PM
as are all of yours, my friend.....and there's never any meat in your stew.
I've yet to see you post anything....that's ANYTHING positive here....or anthing meaningful
It's pretty obvious you've bought into the whole Bush package, and have nothing to back up your beliefs....so you whine like the proverbial red-headed stepchild, when those beliefs are attacked.
Not your fault though....it's called "Imbedded Commands"
like in the Manchurian Candidate...you've been brain-washed....but sometimes a bit of reality arises in conflict...so you lash out....
I hope before you sell out completely , the futures of the generations to follow.....you take a step back and think...."Hey, they can't all be wrong....all these people writing exposes, revealing all the evil/wrongdoings/idiocies/illegal deals/ and sellouts that have and are occurring within this terribly flawed admin"
Until then,see can sit back and watch Bush the poster boy for recruiting terrorists....do even greater damage to this country....increase the threat of terror, while trying to reduce personal liberties to combat that. When the implanted chips become mandatory....i'm sure you'll be first in line.

9 Ball Girl
10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wolfdancer:</font><hr>Something nice to say about the right<hr /></blockquote>Um, you can't have a right without a left. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-29-2006, 06:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> or the Democrats are trying to accomplish on behalf of those who suffer.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't be fooled, my friend. The Dems don't give a rat's a$$ about MJ Fox or any of the others with this disease. What the Dems care about is getting elected. Same as the republicans. It's all about getting elected, It's all about power. It's all about who controls the spending of our tax dollars. It has absolutely nothing to do with concern for the citizens of the country.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND POWER.
I'm sure you will come up with a reasonable sounding response, but in your heart, if you don't know that is the truth, then you are wearing bigger blinders than those you say the right wears.
Steve
Steve

Drop1
10-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Wolf,there is no such thing as clean politics. Research is going on,but not with government support. Harvard is deeply involved,and funding with their own money. Politicians,and the Clergy historicaly have flaunted their ignorance in the areas of medical research,and any other subject they don't understand.The Bush, would not know a undesignated stem cell from his anus,but he will lead the unwashed masses to join him to stop the research. There might be reasons to pause,but that should be based on unexplained reactions in the research.Ten thousand babies a year will not go blind,thanks to the research done on dogs.The Bush,should step out of the arena,and so should the Dems.

Gayle in MD
10-29-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> you are wearing bigger blinders than those you say the right wears.
Steve
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Hardly possible, considering, I did not buy into George Bush's pre-election lies, as did the right.

So far, in my years, no party has proved themselves as corrupt, incompetent, deceitful and destructive, as your chosen party. it is a matter of degree, not a matter of innocence.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
10-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Wolfdance I saw in Memoriam Sundday that a 53 year old soldier was killed in Iraq. May be Ed will finally say something important like I ENLISTED.####

DickLeonard
10-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Fats I wasn't talking about George Sr I was talking about young George,the Child LEFT BEHIND. He cowered in the classroom he couldn't order the planes in the Air. Yet in less than 24 hours he had all of BinLadins family etc on an airplane to Saudia Arabia. The FBI could only ask them 3 questions each. I would have frozen all of Saudia Arabia assests in our banks till they produce OBL.

You can thnk what you think but I am only talking facts here. These actions are unexplainable in time of War. To me it is a Treasonious ACT. To this day there has been no reasonable answer for his actions.####

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 07:18 AM
I agree, Dick, but reasonable answers are never forthcoming, when those in power agree not to ask the reasonable questions, hence, we end up with a WhiteWash...The 9/11 investigation, .... If investigators agree not to ask the important questions, we don't get the importants answers.

Fortunatly, other repsected journalists have performed their own investigations, and documentaries have been aired, and finally, our own Intelligence and National Security Agencies, are agreeing that George Bush, not only failed to take our coming attack seriously, but that everything he has done since, has made our circumstances worse.

Still, even in the face of National, and International condemnation of Bush's idiotic policies, and National Security Failures, from our own National Security Estimate, and 9/11 commision's suggested safety measures to increase our safety, to 43 trillion dollars of debt, and tax cuts paid for by borrowing money from China, the right, doesn't get it, and Bush has the outrageous arrogance, and deceit, confident of the ignorance of his base, to campaign on tax cuts, and a safer America....while the right blind followers, propose that we vote a culture of corruption, fiscal irresponsibility, power mongering and lies, back into office, on the supposition that Democrats aren't any better. I ask you, what could be any worse??????

BTW, Bush has not vetoed a single spending bill, and actually once signed a bill which had over 6,000 earmarks included!!!!

The K street project was about Republicans simply telling the Corporate Fascists pigs, just give us the campaign money, and tell us what you want in return....earmarks, for bridges that go nowhere, among many other numerous, ridiculous expenditures, Secret meetings on our energy policy, grown men with children, covering up for pedofiles, the president didn't know Abramoff, but Jack had been to the White House over 400 times, and had many many meetings with the president's top aid, spending worse than if we had had the spending policies of the Democrats, on crack, and yet, the Bubbas, the great white Bubbas, are only focussed on removing a Woman's Right To Choose, and preventing Gay people from marrying. Their focuss is on controlling thimblesfull of cells, not terrorists cells, in our country, that will kill people, but Embryotic Cells, that could save people. Never before can I recall a time when such blatant ignorance and denial of the facts, have caused such devastation to our country. This is what happens, when people make decisions out of religious dogma, fear and ignorance, instead of Science, high intention, and integrity.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
10-30-2006, 09:04 AM
I've heard of mixed metaphors, but mixed allusions?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Good old Newt,the man knows you can't trust actors,they have a leg up on those poor players who strut their final hours on the political stage,full of sound and fury,making promises signifing nothing. Now in the winter of Republican discontent they stand naked,warmed only by lies. <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Dick, don't know if it was the same soldier...but I recently posted about a guy, family man in his 50's that had been killed...he didn't enlist, but had been in the reserves...inactive?...and called up.
When they have to start using 50 yr olds, with a dependant family, and maybe had already served in Viet Nam.....tells me the volunteer draft, even with it's lucrative bonus's ain't working very well.
And since it looks like another 10 years at least..over there (or maybe it's the new hundred year's war?)once they use up all the 50 yr olds....it'll be the 60's next. i'm not sure my old Navy blues would still fit without a little redesigning....bell bottom tops instead of bell bottom trousers.

hondo
10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Well, you don't see members of the right side of this board posting crap about the left day after day. Don't you people have anything else to talk about? <hr /></blockquote>

I agree 100%. Gets old, right, Chop?

hondo
10-30-2006, 10:30 AM
So if you're saying we should just ignore the Pres.
opinion about stem research, I'm in total agreement.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
The party's view on Stem Cell Research, is just one more effort to turn back human progress. <hr /></blockquote> More BS from the "Coulter-of-the-left". Here you are just tooling around doing fine then you say something that is just ridiculous. The "Right's" stance on stem cell research in no way turns back human progress. There is nothing stopping private indivuals and companies to continue their research just as they would have if the left did not try to make it political. For once why don't you hit the brakes and see if you are exaggerating way beyond the deep end.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Much as I would love to vote 3rd party, at this point
I just feel it would help those wascally Repubs. stay
in office. I just can't do that.
I basically buy into all this skull &amp; bones stuff and
feel the Tri-lateral Commission controls both parties.
But the Republicats have just beome so far from what
I believe that I will do anything to get them out of
office and, thus, for the 1st time in my life, I'm
voting a straight Democratic ticket. Full speed ahead
and damn the torpedoes.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FatsRedux:</font><hr> Right/left/Republican/Democrat..the only difference is which has you down with their wing tip oxford or Birkenstock at your throat while helping themselves to your hard earned money like pigs at the trough.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
--Albert Einstein

Don't Be INSANE! Vote Libertarian.

Fats <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-30-2006, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I've given up really commenting on politics here...because of idiotic remarks like yours. the daily papers and their investigative reporters do a much better job. It's too bad you guys don't read the newspapers, nor see the handwriting on the wall.
Just a buch of meaningless insults, mostly juvenile,etc<hr /></blockquote> Your post is a prime example of meaningless insults and juvenile.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
If I could just get the admin to remove the profanity filters for just one day...I could tell you guys where to empty your bladder, and what part of my anatomy you can kiss, and where to Stick "it"..... <hr /></blockquote> Yeah, that wouldn't be juvenile would it.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I found his observations very astute.
I sure he speaks for a lot of us on here.

hondo
10-30-2006, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm very glad,that you were not President. I'm sorry that Bush was,now I have to figure out where is the difference between the two of you. By your own admission, Bush is a cooler head,that could be due to the draft /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Fats says kill em all and let God sort em out and
then he asks us to vote for his party.
The difference between me and some of the posters on
here is that I follow Christ's request to love my fellow
man. I hate murderers but I just refuse to believe
that all Muslims wish us dead.
Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm not.

FatsRedux
10-30-2006, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm very glad,that you were not President. I'm sorry that Bush was,now I have to figure out where is the difference between the two of you. By your own admission, Bush is a cooler head,that could be due to the draft /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm not. <hr /></blockquote>

Well you got one thing right: "Fats said".

I was not speaking for the Libertarian Party. BTW-it's not "my party" it is the party of all Libertarians.

I'm glad to see you've found Jesus. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fats

eg8r
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
All I was saying was Coulter, I mean Gayle, went too far. No one is trying to turn back human progress. I think the Government is overstepping its boundaries and should leave well enough alone. If the US Government does not give free money to the cause it does not in any way mean they are acting in an effort to turn back human progress. Private research is still continuing and their funding should come from private companies and individuals, not relying soley on Government support.

eg8r

eg8r
10-30-2006, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've yet to see you post anything....that's ANYTHING positive here....or anthing meaningful <hr /></blockquote> Well I certainly have no desire to defend myself or my actions to a person who acts like you do. If you were ever open minded enough to actually look you will find what you are missing however I don't really see that happening. You have made up your mind how you view things and you will never accept an opposing viewpoint. In your mind only you can be right.

eg8r

eg8r
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
May be Ed will finally say something important like I ENLISTED.#### <hr /></blockquote> Maybe you will hear something like that right after I hear you and Gayle have stated your are running for Office.

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 12:08 PM
soley?...what the heck is that, street talk?...all that $$ your parents spend on yer education...and you write "soley"
And Coulter, er, Gayle went too far.....?
too far for you is anything that strays from the party line. I wouldn't be surprised if the RNP hasn't sent you over here to spy and report back on the dissidents...directly to Cheney

hondo
10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FatsRedux:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm very glad,that you were not President. I'm sorry that Bush was,now I have to figure out where is the difference between the two of you. By your own admission, Bush is a cooler head,that could be due to the draft /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm not. <hr /></blockquote>

Well you got one thing right: "Fats said".

I was not speaking for the Libertarian Party. BTW-it's not "my party" it is the party of all Libertarians.

I'm glad to see you've found Jesus. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fats

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, Fats, but, actually, I never lost him.

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Not a bad idea Ed...two people more concerned over the future of our country and it's freedoms...then trying to make a fast buck..as George senior said about his boys. I'll vote for them

hondo
10-30-2006, 12:16 PM
May be Ed will finally say something important like I ENLISTED.#### <hr /></blockquote> Maybe you will hear something like that right after I hear you and Gayle have stated your are running for Office.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle &amp; Dick! What a team! Notice I didn't say Dick &amp; Gayle.

FatsRedux
10-30-2006, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Fats I wasn't talking about George Sr I was talking about young George,the Child LEFT BEHIND. He cowered in the classroom he couldn't order the planes in the Air. Yet in less than 24 hours he had all of BinLadins family etc on an airplane to Saudia Arabia. The FBI could only ask them 3 questions each. I would have frozen all of Saudia Arabia assests in our banks till they produce OBL.

You can thnk what you think but I am only talking facts here. These actions are unexplainable in time of War. To me it is a Treasonious ACT. To this day there has been no reasonable answer for his actions.#### <hr /></blockquote>

US troops in Saudi Arabia was one more "reason" for OBL's hatred for America. But it was Bush Sr. and the Saudis who got Osama really steamed at the time of Gulf War I. OBL saw the massive troop buldups on Saudi ground in preparation for attack on another Muslim country as sacrilege. Remember the 1st WTC bombing?

About the school incident on 9/11, should the President have freaked out and ran immediately out and thereby have further panicked the whole nation?

Should we have thrown away our laws and locked up Bin Laden's relatives in the US? They were moved out of the country for their safety. Does their guilt lie in their familial ties?

OK, for argument's sake..let's say that we had frozen all Saudi assets and demanded OBL in exchange. How would the Saudis have been able to mount a military campaign in Afghanistan, secure the intel, locate, kill or capture OBL and say: here he is, when the largest combined intel operations and the resources of the US and NATO have thus far not secured this goal of capturing OBL?

Dick, I know you don't like Bush and I have no beef with that, but let's keep it real.

Fats

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Fats,
When someone commits a crime of murder, who are the very first people interrogated? The family members. Their safety, could have been secured, but they should not have been released, IMO.

When the country is under obvious attack, I don't think a President should sit on his arse, for one moment.

JMO...
Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 01:45 PM
"About the school incident on 9/11, should the President have freaked out and ran immediately out and thereby have further panicked the whole nation?"
i don't think he should have ran out...but he did need to act immediately...someone had to take charge. He should have told the kids he had just "soiled his pants" and had to go change...at that age, they have the occasional mishap, and they would have understood.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Ditto,
If a cure for cancer, and many other life threatening diseases, isn't reason enough for the Government to put some money into Embryotic Stem Cell Research, what is? Some people, just don't want to admit that Bush's Religious views on Embryotic Stem Cell Research, hold back medical and Scientific progress in curing many diseases. A president, is not supposed to run a country, according to his personal religious views, especially, since the vast majority of people in this country, are all for Embryotic Stem Cell Research. It is only the radical religious right, who don't want it to go forward.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-30-2006, 06:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Ditto,
If a cure for cancer, and many other life threatening diseases, isn't reason enough for the Government to put some money into Embryotic Stem Cell Research, what is? Some people, just don't want to admit that Bush's Religious views on Embryotic Stem Cell Research, hold back medical and Scientific progress in curing many diseases. A president, is not supposed to run a country, according to his personal religious views, especially, since the vast majority of people in this country, are all for Embryotic Stem Cell Research. It is only the radical religious right, who don't want it to go forward.

Gayle,
Why don't we all just give the government all of our money and let them handle all of lifes problems for us. You cry about the administration overspending, and now it's ok to throw a little money at this problem, or at that problem. You know, a few million here, a few million there, and sooner or later, you might be talking about some real money!

This is the core of our disagreements. You seem to think that as long is the government is spending money on things you approve of, it's ok. I think the government should not be spending money on anything that isn't specifically set forth in the constitution. I don't remember reading anything about stem-cell research in that document.
The federal government is spending money in our community to help build a light rail system. The original cost was to be around $200M...it's already approaching $500M and the thing isn't even close to being finished. And when it does, it's going to cost us millions to operate it, because there is no way it will make enough money to cover operation. Every time the Feds spend money, their projects are usually less efficient and less effective than if we let the private sector do it. If a light rail system in Charlotte was a good idea, some private company would have already done it. The fact that it can't be profitable just gives the government another reason to tax us more, and spend more of our money.
No, I don't think we need to spend federal money on stem-cell research!
Let Smith-Cline do it! They are better at it than Washington could ever hope to be.
Steve

Drop1
10-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Hondo,I was just having a little fun with some lines from Shakespear. This was high school stuff..."Winter of our Discontent"...surly you heard of a movie called the "Sound,and the Fury" the tittle taken from Macbeth,or was it Hamlet,no matter.Hey we could do "These are the times that try Republican Souls" I'm sure you have read Thomas Paine,and would be more familiar than I in areas of compound metaphors, as in "The force that through the green fuse,drives the flower,blasts the roots of trees is my destroyer" Dylan Thomas. I kind of liked Republicans warmed by their lies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
10-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Wolfdancer I loved the BellBottom Tops line.####

hondo
10-31-2006, 05:28 AM
I was just having fun pointing out that you
were combining quotes from Shakespeare &amp; Steinbeck.
I'm not sure where Faulkner got his title The
Sound and the Fury. Was it from Shakespeare?

eg8r
10-31-2006, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fats,
When someone commits a crime of murder, who are the very first people interrogated? The family members. <hr /></blockquote> What are you talking about? The first people interrogated are the witnesses. The witnesses do not necessarily have to be family. You are making up reasons to judge because your hatred will not allow it any other way.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2006, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people, just don't want to admit that Bush's Religious views on Embryotic Stem Cell Research, hold back medical and Scientific progress in curing many diseases. <hr /></blockquote> Once again, your hatred for W has you embellishing everything you say. His religious views are not holding back anything. The research is still going on with the same funding it started out with, private funding.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2006, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle,
Why don't we all just give the government all of our money and let them handle all of lifes problems for us. You cry about the administration overspending, and now it's ok to throw a little money at this problem, or at that problem. You know, a few million here, a few million there, and sooner or later, you might be talking about some real money! <hr /></blockquote> She does not mind mortgaging her grandchildrens future for a cause for which she is in agreement. The subject does not even have to be stemcell research it can be any other lobbyist on Capital Hill that she sides with.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-31-2006, 06:09 AM
Gayle,
Why don't we all just give the government all of our money and let them handle all of lifes problems for us. Looks to me like the Republicans are taking plenty of our tax dollars, and giving them to the rich, but you have no problem with that, right? I'd much prefer to have that money go for helping Americans that are facing horrible illness, and for the betterment of all mankind, than see the Oil Companies, billionairs, and Halliburton get it. This administration's debt, an issue which none of you righties on here ever show any concern about, is putting this country in a hole, and beholden to China. Not an issue to you, though? Republicans have been spending money like there's no tomorrow, mortgaging the future, gross waste and profiteering in Iraq, death tax cuts, which could be spent on making this country stronger, and reducing our deebt, benefitting the top 1% in this country, but none of you here, ever complain about that. If you read up on where our money is actually going, and what the future will hold, c ompliments of George Bush's faulty accounting, you will learn, that we are fast going down the drain. You cry about the administration overspending, Wasting, and giving away billions, to the top 1% in this country, and adding earmarks for the to benefit Corporate Fascists Pigs. K Street, is lined in gold. Bush signed one bill, that had over 6,000 earmarks. You never consider any of that, do you? Just have your mind focussed on making sure that poor people, and ill people don't get any of it, as oil profits soar, and waste and corruuption in Iraq, goes through the roof. Typical Republican compassionate conservativism. Even Greenspan said that tax cuts in time of war, were not good for our country, and borrowing money to pay for tax cuts, was extremely dangerous. and now it's ok to throw a little money at this problem, or at that problem. You know, a few million here, a few million there, and sooner or later, you might be talking about some real money! BWA HA HA HA...really, Steve, Halliburton is stealing billions from us....how do you think this country would have ever gotten back up on its feet, without the G.I.Bill? Without Roosevelt's New Deal? Trikle down economics, is a short term blip, which heavy costs and debt as a result. If a country doesn't care about the poor, the ill, and their own Services men and women, but bends over backwards to get more money into the hands of the wealthy, and corrupt, how does that make our country greater? Nevermind answering, just read "Perfectly Legal" for an true assessment of how George Bush, and the Republicans are lying to you about whqat's really heppening to our economy.

This is the core of our disagreements. You seem to think that as long is the government is spending money on things you approve of, it's ok. I think the government should not be spending money on anything that isn't specifically set forth in the constitution. That's a good one...no roads? No bridges? No tunnels? No tanks? No fighter jets? I don't remember reading anything about stem-cell research in that document. sorry, ridiculous statement....
The federal government is spending money in our community to help build a light rail system. The original cost was to be around $200M...it's already approaching $500M and the thing isn't even close to being finished. And when it does, it's going to cost us millions to operate it, because there is no way it will make enough money to cover operation. Every time the Feds spend money, their projects are usually less efficient and less effective than if we let the private sector do it. If a light rail system in Charlotte was a good idea, some private company would have already done it. The fact that it can't be profitable just gives the government another reason to tax us more, and spend more of our money.
No, I don't think we need to spend federal money on stem-cell research!
Let Smith-Cline do it! They are better at it than Washington could ever hope to be.
Steve

If everyone had your values, children would still be dying from polio. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Drop1
10-31-2006, 08:56 AM
He got that from Shakespeare,"Life is a tale told by a fool,full of sound and fury,signifing nothing"

wolfdancer
10-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Steve, I'm with Gayle on this....your light rail system,will relieve highway congestion, and revitalize the downtown area.More important, it will allow people without cars to commute to get around, to travel to jobs that were beyond their reach. The Bay Area has monumental traffic jams during the commute hours.....but the BART trains are also packed with commuters. Without BART...?????
I found this:
web page (http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&amp;Itemid=182)
Looks like if we just stopped the war for an hour, or so, the savings would pay for your light rail system.
There was a proposal some time back, to consider public transportation as just another service like fire, and police.And them trains also replace Diesel buses.
You can blame a lot of this on General Motors.....!!!
After WWII, General Motors, and their MCI division, convinced a number of major cities to rip out the streetcar tracks and the overhead wiring, and replace them with their shiny new modern Diesel buses. Seemed like a great idea at the time. Decades later, those same cities had to rebuild the track systems for the light rail trains. General Motors had been forced to sell off their Bus business, because it was a monopoly...the damage though was done.
I'm wondering though where you draw the line on Gov't "interference"?
schools? and school buses? lunch programs?
public housing?
hospitals?
paramedics?
You've already told us you don't want any gov't interference with business, so we should repeal Taft-Hartley, the mininum wage, anti-monopoly laws, which predate the turn of the century...and let's not foget OSHA....employees should know the risks, and be willing to take them...if they want the job the job
I wouldn't even ask about SS and medicare
We could privatize the police and fire dept's also...I saw how good that worked in "Gangs of New York"
I guess things like the Hoover Dam, and the TVA projects should have been left to private industry? And if you object to LR systems...what about them roads and bridges Gayle mentioned?...Wait, they are for car owners!!
Fact is no private company could undertake the cost of a light rail system, and then run it profitably. And you can't build roads fast enoug to accomate all the auto traffic. They could have built more roads leading into SF...but what happens when they get there? The surface roads can't be widened, nor more built. There are now less parking spaces then there are residents cars.

hondo
10-31-2006, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> He got that from Shakespeare,"Life is a tale told by a fool,full of sound and fury,signifing nothing" <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-31-2006, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> He got that from Shakespeare,"Life is a tale told by a fool,full of sound and fury,signifing nothing" <hr /></blockquote>

OOPS. Macbeth. Good God. The "Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow"
soliloquy. Man, I'm brain dead anymore.

pooltchr
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Gayle,
Looks to me like the Republicans are taking plenty of our tax dollars, and giving them to the rich, but you have no problem with that, right?

I have stated on more than one occasion that I do not approve of this administrations fiscal policies. They have increased spending beyond belief. I think they should be cutting spending wherever they can...not spending more.

[b]If everyone had your values, children would still be dying from polio. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle, that's even lower and more ridiculous than I even thought you could go. Once again, you have exceeded my expectations. The drug companies are quite capable of taking care of their business...they don't need the government helping.
Steve

pooltchr
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Wolf,
All the projections suggest that a light rail system in our city will reduce traffic and congestion by less than .03 percent. We could add more bus lines for about one tenth of the cost. This particular light rail line is one straight line about 7 miles long. It will offer nothing to over 90% of the commuters because it's in the wrong area. We don't have the density of housing that larger cities have. People would still need to drive to the train stations. Once they have gotten in their cars to drive to a train, most are just going to continue the last few miles in their cars. Even the head of the transportation department admits that the impact on traffic and polution will be insignificant. But we are going to spend over a half a billion to build it anyway. This is in a city that can't afford to put enough police on the streets to fight crime. We just got ranked number 8 on the worst cities for crime report.
This is just one example of why I get so fired up about government ignorant spending. There are many things the city needs much more than a train.
Steve

FatsRedux
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
We want a choice, not an echo
Orange County Register / October 31, 2006 /Editorial

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/opinion/abox/article_1339412.php

There's a disconnect this election between what voters say they want, and what they're being offered by the candidates of both major political parties. A CNN poll released Oct. 27 shows that most Americans want less government. Yet in recent years both Republican and Democrat leaders nationally and in California – and often despite pledges to do otherwise – aggressively have increased the size of government.

You can read the rest at the above link.

Can someone tell me again why we don't need a third party? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fats

Drop1
10-31-2006, 05:20 PM
You ain't brain dead Hondo,no one else even picked up on what I was doing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drop1
10-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Hello Mr.fat boy,most Americans lie about what they want,or do not have a standard,for what less government means,in my bloated opinion,it all gets down to the bull thats getting gored. However,I do favor higher taxes,lower intrest,and a statesmans approach to other countries,none of which we have now. We need a third party,what ever happened to green peace?

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Fats I would hope someone in Bush's entourage would have sense to interrupt the teacher and tell her we have a national emergency could she have her class take a short recess. The one thing all school kids love. Da and I only got a high school education and a Dr. degree in pool. Where I learned how to spot hustlers Fats, that is where my contemp for Georgie Boy comes from. It took nearly two hours to get fighter planes in the air. Yet in less that 24 hours an airplane is loaded up with Saudis to fly them out of this country with no questions asked of them but three and they have never revealed the questions the FBI was allowed to ask them. The only plane allowed in the Air was loaded with potential Terriorist. And Georgie Boy is tough on Terriorists.

Now we were attacked by 18 terriorists 15 who were Saudis I would have taken that as an act of War by Saudia Arabia, frozen their assests. Had them produce OBL which would have happen in days because his funding comes from Saudia Arabians favoring his cause. This would have totally disrupted the Oil World even caused World Wide Panic in the Stock Market. The dollar would take a giant hit,Gold would sky rocket. Every country would be hit by the actions of one Terriorist. I would say in less than a week you would have him or his corpse.

That action would have ruined the Bush Family ties to the Saudia Oil Machine. Can't do that now can YAAA Georgie Boy. The Bush oil interests are more important than National Security. ####

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Gayle I saw Michael J Fox saying that GWB only veto was of the Stem Cell Bill. That is why he is promoting anyone be they Democrat or Republican that is in favor of the bill to gather enuff Rep and Senators to override his veto. I must say this is your first error in thousands of posts.####

Gayle in MD
11-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Steve, why couldn't you have just stated your opinion? Bush is passing laws which stunt, and prevent, Embryotic Stem Cell Research, preiod. The fact I am addressing, is that Government has always given tax dollars to medical science, for the benefit of everyone. Could you please try, without the insulting comments, to explain to me how we are benefitting from subsidizing Oil? Or, tell me how correct it is for Bush to spend my tax dollars, preaching abstinence to grown adults? Or try addressing a President, signing a bill, with over 6,000 earmarks? Please address, this administration's failure to hold Halliburton accountable for billions stolen from us. Tell me how it is fair, for George Bush to designate money for Faith Based Programs, give money to religious organizations for the poor, then turn right around and use it for campaign money? This is documented by Mr. Kuo's book, BTW, Political Seduction.

The point is, our tax structure favors the rich, on the backs of the middle class. Our Vice President allows Big Oil, to set our energy policy, and whil oil profits are going through the roof, we're being gouged at the pump. The billions of dollars, that we will not have compliments of Bush, and his death tax program, benefit by a huge margin, the top 1% in this country, while, at the same time, Republicans refuse to raise the minimum wage, eventho studies prove, that raising the minimum wage, benefits the economy.

You say you don't approve of the fiscal policies of the Republican, who have run up the biggest debt ever, around thirty thousand dollars per person, yet you defend Republicans? Please explain this to me...

Gayle

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Gayle a True Christian would help the poor following Jesus's words in the Bible "What you do for the least among us you do for me". That is living proof that George Bush doesn't give one hoot about Jesus. I am waiting for one Christian act by George. If he did could someone point it out Please. Saving one cell doesn't hold water to killing Innocent Iraqi's. So please don't use that stupid veto.####

reggie182
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> "What you do for the least among us you do for me". That is living proof that George Bush doesn't give one hoot about Jesus. <hr /></blockquote>

To disagree with someone's policies, or to express dislike for them is one thing. Having the audacity to make proclamations about the sincerity of someone's faith is quite another. This board really has become a cesspool of hate and left wing idiocy.

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
A Presidential veto is something to consider carefully, the reasoning behind it....it's the President against the Congress.
And since congress has the power to overturn a veto...it seems they capitulated instead....didn't want to oppose the GWB intrepretation of the Bible's condemnation concerning this type of research.
Is it any wonder MJF is speaking out....and he's not the first to use celebrity status to enlist support?
Here's a list of Presidential vetoes....pretty obvious Cleveland and FDR didn't like their Congress approved bills...and equally obvious Congress didn't like Andrew Johnson's vetoes
web page (http://www.deanesmay.com/posts/1117019020.shtml)

pooltchr
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You say you don't approve of the fiscal policies of the Republican, who have run up the biggest debt ever, around thirty thousand dollars per person, yet you defend Republicans? Please explain this to me...

Gayle

There are more than one issue that the government needs to deal with. I agree with the way some are handled, I disagree with others. I weigh EVERYTHING, and make my choice. The two choices we were faced with in the last election were not what I would like...so I take the lesser of two evils. And as bad as GW might be, I couldn't under any circumstances, have supported Kerry and Edwards.
Steve

DickLeonard
11-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Reggie182 an honest appraisal of facts has nothing to do with hate. The proof is in the Pudding, show me some pudding and I will change my opinion. Jimmy Carter was and is a Christian and he proves it every day. George says he is, well lets prove it by your action. His face peering out of Air Force One looking down at the destruction of of Katrina a week later doesn't fit the True Meaning of Being a Christian.####

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Fats,
I agree completely that many third party candidates are better than either of the other two parties. The problem is usually that many voters have to vote for the candidate that has the best chance of winning. In this election, in particular, creating accountability, is the most pressing goal, given the incompetence we are dealing with in the Bush administration. However, I often find myself wishing we had a better organized, and more competitive third party option. Many voters feel that voting for the third party option, won't count in the long run...

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I think he is a sincere Christian,but has a difficult time,understanding what God is saying,or Pat Roberts for that matter.

reggie182
11-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Reverend Leonard:

Interesting how you consider yourself capable of accurately (more like arrogantly) assessing the validity of someone’s faith. Normally that would be up to the deity to decide.

As for Jimmy Carter (coddler of murderous dictators), there is plenty I have criticized him for over the years, but I have stayed out of the issue of his faith.

And yes, this is just another method of expressing hatred for the President.

P.S.: When did you Dems decide to place such importance on the sincerity of our elected officials’ religious faith, as it relates to how they perform their duties in office? You used to be the ones who screamed about fundamentalist Christians trying to impose their values upon us in violation of separation of church and state.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Dick,
David Kuo's book, which I mistakenly referred to as Political Seduction, actual title, "Tempting Faith" is quite clear about how Georg Bush promised 80 billion a year to go to Faith Based Initiatives, but didn't. Mr, Kuo, who btw, is a devout Christian, who did not come forward until after his own brush with death due to a brain tumor, was compelled to write about George Bush's Rhetoric only jpolicies for helping the poor. Mr. Kuo tells a story of White House Republicans, who make fun of the "Goofy Nut Cakes" who comprise the Christian Coalition. Not only that, but Rove created a network of underground pastors to promote George Bush. These same pastors, were expecting 80 billion a year, which Bush had promised to give them for the so called Faith Based Initiatives, supposedly to help the poor. Kuuo wrote a scathing critique, which revealed no real compassion on Bush's part for anyone or anything but POWER. It seems, that both Bush and Rove, took Chuck Colson, another "Born Again" former scumbag, of Watergate fame, seriously, when Colson noted that it is easiest to get votes out of the Christians, because they are easiest to control, since they are the most impressed by power.

There can be no question, since the ever growing gap between the rich and the poor in this country, is the greatest since 1929...

since Bush has cut 13 Billion in Student loans, and his job creation isn't enough to make a dent on the numbers of jobs needed to keep up with those entering the job market, and our deficits are raging, and he is nation building in Iraq, it is pretty obvious to me, Bush has failed to keep any of his campaign promises to anything or anyone, particularly the poor. He is a Christian, in name only. No Christian could be for torture, power and lies, no matter what the reason. His abuse of our troops, and his political policy on Stem Cell Research, and torture, is just proof positive, that this man has NO CONSCIENCE!!!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I can answer that rude, arrogant, insulting question for Dick, not that he can't do it himself, but I'm sure he'll be happy to give me the pleasure, and the answer is....You Are What You Do that's why the world can see for itself, what George Bush is. That is why he is the most hated individual in the world, but the whole world is wrong about him, and you're just arrogant enough to think you know more than the rest of the world.

Torture, Lies, intimidation, power mongering, stealing from the poor, to give to the rich, and an overall inability to come clean with any remorse for his massive failures, lies, egomania and power mongering, which have cost many thousands their lives, and limbs, is no man of Jesus. He is what he does, and what he does, is evil.

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Sister Gayle:

It's so reassuring to have paragons of morality like yourself who make it your life's purpose to educate all the moral reprobates who voted for the anti-Christ (dubya). I'm very sorry to have questioned Dick's moral authority (or yours for that matter) in accessing the religious devotion (or lack thereof) of our evil President. Please go about your important work of posting 900 entries a day about how Bush, Cheney, et al want to legalize cannibalism and torture little puppy dogs. I'll think I'll hang out in the "pool" side of the message board. My hate meter is plenty full by now.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 01:55 PM
GOOD! Glad to be rid of you! And I am as much against torturing puppies, and I am people, something such compassionate people as you and George Bush could never understand.

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
OK, I'm back. Did I miss anything?

nAz
11-03-2006, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> Sister Gayle:

My hate meter is plenty full by now. <hr /></blockquote>

reggie182 why do you hate Gayle so much?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hondo
11-03-2006, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> "What you do for the least among us you do for me". That is living proof that George Bush doesn't give one hoot about Jesus. <hr /></blockquote>

To disagree with someone's policies, or to express dislike for them is one thing. Having the audacity to make proclamations about the sincerity of someone's faith is quite another. This board really has become a cesspool of hate and left wing idiocy. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree, Reggie. Hateful idiots. Why do they hate George
Bush. Mark my words. One of these days when Iraq is a
peace-loving country full of Wal-Marts, these idiots are
going to realize what a visionary Bush was.

hondo
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I agree with you, Dick. Just because he yells out" Jesus
Christ, I'm coming," every time he's alone with Condi
doesn't necessarily mean he's a Christian.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Reggie182 an honest appraisal of facts has nothing to do with hate. The proof is in the Pudding, show me some pudding and I will change my opinion. Jimmy Carter was and is a Christian and he proves it every day. George says he is, well lets prove it by your action. His face peering out of Air Force One looking down at the destruction of of Katrina a week later doesn't fit the True Meaning of Being a Christian.#### <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> Reverend Leonard:

Interesting how you consider yourself capable of accurately (more like arrogantly) assessing the validity of someone’s faith. Normally that would be up to the deity to decide.

As for Jimmy Carter (coddler of murderous dictators), there is plenty I have criticized him for over the years, but I have stayed out of the issue of his faith.

And yes, this is just another method of expressing hatred for the President.

P.S.: When did you Dems decide to place such importance on the sincerity of our elected officials’ religious faith, as it relates to how they perform their duties in office? You used to be the ones who screamed about fundamentalist Christians trying to impose their values upon us in violation of separation of church and state.
<hr /></blockquote>

Right. They spin the facts to serve their purpose.
Hmmmm. Sounds like they're learning, doesn't it?

hondo
11-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Brother Reggie, it's so refreshing to see a "real"
Christian Republican on here. They're so rare these
days, don't you think? Keep the faith, brother, and let's
blow the s**t out of those damn A-Rabs.

It's so reassuring to have paragons of morality like yourself who make it your life's purpose to educate all the moral reprobates who voted for the anti-Christ (dubya). I'm very sorry to have questioned Dick's moral authority (or yours for that matter) in accessing the religious devotion (or lack thereof) of our evil President. Please go about your important work of posting 900 entries a day about how Bush, Cheney, et al want to legalize cannibalism and torture little puppy dogs. I'll think I'll hang out in the "pool" side of the message board. My hate meter is plenty full by now. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
11-03-2006, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> OK, I'm back. Did I miss anything? <hr /></blockquote>

How was the pool? Vacant as usual?

Gayle in MD
11-04-2006, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> I think the government should not be spending money on anything that isn't specifically set forth in the constitution. I don't remember reading anything about stem-cell research in that document.
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Here's what you wrote. Stop and think, how much good we could never have accomplished, if you had your wish.

The Constitution was written long long ago. It is a guide to the principles of our conscience, the legal rights of citizens, and the commitment to checks and balances, within our Government, for the COMMON GOOD. I guess taking it seriously, is now stooping low? If so, what does that make George Bush?

"The Constitution is just a piece of paper." George Bu$h.

Gayle in MD
11-04-2006, 10:08 AM
LOL, just didn't feel like arguing with those on here who can't seem to keep up. They're whole premise on this issue is wrong, considering, that Bush used his power to hold back Embryotic Stem Cell Research, in this country, period, yet he can turn right around and gleefully sign bills with 6,000 earmarks for Pork barrel spending, as he and the Republican Majority dig our country deeper and deeper in debt. He's out there yapping about how great the economy is, while this country is going down the debt hole. Americans are using Credit Cards, to keep their heads above water. Job creation, is not keeping up with those numbers of people entering into the job force, and manufacturing, in many industries, is on the decline, that's one reasons why his spin doctors on the economy, included patting out burgers, into the manufacturing sector. The gap between the rich and the poor, or even the rich and the middle class, hasn't been this great since 1929. The secretaries of billionaires, pay more taxes than their bosses.

Gayle in Md. Had more than enough of compassionate conservativism!

Gayle in MD
11-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Too late to edit this mistake, but, for the record, it was 8 billion a year, not 80 billion a year, that Bush was supposed to give to the Office of Faith Based Initiatives. Of course, he didn't keep his promise. But then, Republicans never do, like father, like son.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Stop and think, how much good we could never have accomplished, if you had your wish.

<hr /></blockquote>

Stop and think how much good we could have accomplished, and how much better off we all would be, if the federal government had been limited to those powers specifically given to them. Local and State governments were designed to handle many of the areas where Uncle Sam has interjected his big fat wasteful fingers. But without all the social programs, education programs, and other wasteful spending programs coming out of Washington, they wouldn't have any reason to continue raising taxes. Washington funds the bridge to nowhere...with our tax money! Oh, yeah...let's keep letting them get more and more involved in areas they don't belong!
Steve

reggie182
11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> "What you do for the least among us you do for me". That is living proof that George Bush doesn't give one hoot about Jesus. <hr /></blockquote>

To disagree with someone's policies, or to express dislike for them is one thing. Having the audacity to make proclamations about the sincerity of someone's faith is quite another. This board really has become a cesspool of hate and left wing idiocy. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree, Reggie. Hateful idiots. Why do they hate George
Bush. Mark my words. One of these days when Iraq is a
peace-loving country full of Wal-Marts, these idiots are
going to realize what a visionary Bush was. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, and I'm sure you are rooting for this mission to be a success just like Rosie O'Donnell, right hondo?

reggie182
11-04-2006, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> Sister Gayle:

My hate meter is plenty full by now. <hr /></blockquote>

reggie182 why do you hate Gayle so much?

I dont'. I wouldn't try to hate any of the leftist posters on the board anyway. They've got far more practice at it than me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

reggie182
11-04-2006, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Brother Reggie, it's so refreshing to see a "real"
Christian Republican on here. They're so rare these
days, don't you think? Keep the faith, brother, and let's
blow the s**t out of those damn A-Rabs.

It's so reassuring to have paragons of morality like yourself who make it your life's purpose to educate all the moral reprobates who voted for the anti-Christ (dubya). I'm very sorry to have questioned Dick's moral authority (or yours for that matter) in accessing the religious devotion (or lack thereof) of our evil President. Please go about your important work of posting 900 entries a day about how Bush, Cheney, et al want to legalize cannibalism and torture little puppy dogs. I'll think I'll hang out in the "pool" side of the message board. My hate meter is plenty full by now. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Pope hondo the XII:

Wow, talk about missing someone's entire thesis. I never proported to pass judgement on the sincerity of anyone's faith, nor did I proselytize mine. My whole point from the start was quite the opposite. These people don't know anything about the validity of GWB's faith, and are arrogant and hateful in questioning it.

DickLeonard
11-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Pooltchr I am here in Troy basking in the Joy that one of the 20 most corrupt Rep in Congress is going down to defeat. The Idiots in the RNC and the Congreesmans own campaign kept demanding that his opponent a lady lawyer turn over her tax returns to prove that she had profited greatly from her oil and defense companies stocks.

She countered with the Congressman showing his BAC content from a single car accident where he said he had been drinking. Explain the 911 call from his wife that he was knocking her all over the house. His police blotter was showed two arrests and various runs in with the law. The Glens Falls Star withdrew their endorsement for him and switched to his opponent.

His poll numbers were running 53 to 40 now her numbers are 53 to 39. Pooltchr it just shows you never fool with a smart woman. Gayle included unless you don't want the facts known. ####

pooltchr
11-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Dick,
See my post under the thread "If you are undecided today".
Anyone who is more concerned about which party a candidate belongs to, rather than their individual record, is, in my opinion, an uneducated voter. Whether the Dems or Reps have a majority is not nearly as important as WHO the individuals are that we elect.
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-07-2006, 07:20 AM
At this particular time, Steve, that couldn't be more inaccurate, IMO. When one party drives this country into the ground, with lies, incompetence, lost lives, permanent injuries, secret deals, attacks on our countries Constitution, blatant law breaking, unfair tax policies, corrupted representatives, broken international agreements, failure to oversee our safety measures, failure to respond to national disasters effectively, crooked lobbyists and Congressmen, on the take, who are wined and dined at the White House, appointments of incompetent people to positions of National Security, refusal to change failing policy, and denial of reality, at a time when what we aim to accomplish as a nation, to insure a future as a nation, has never been more critical....there is nothing, more important, IMO, than removing from power all those who allow this state of affairs to continue, without strict oversight of the executive office, which the majority in power, has failed to exercise. When sixty percent of those in our country feel the country is heading in the wrong direction, it is time for oversight, to say the least.

Republican voters refuse to acknowledge the massive mess they have made through their blind partisanship, and attention to their biblical issues, in place of National issues, but the rest of the world, and the majority of us here, nevertheless, can see the results, and those of us who have studied them, will be voting, not for a single politician, but for the survival of the country we love at a time of unprecedented attack from within, through unchecked power.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Pooltchr as long as K Street exists the people lose. The FBI is now investigating Grover Norquist a briber in the Class with Jack Abramoff. He runs a legit slush fund that donates money only to Congressman/Senators/Govenors that have to cut taxes to receive the funds. He doesn't realize that once you put strings on your donation it now becomes a bribe.

Fran posted about get paid to perform exhibitions at the Republican National Convention by a Trade Union and not one Congressman or Senator/Delegates showed up. She faulted the Union for spending that money as I did also but for different reasons. The only way a Republican would take union money is under the table. Of course their Ethics prevents that.LOL.####

Gayle in MD
11-07-2006, 08:05 AM
LOL, don't forget, Dick, according to the Republican Talking Points, IOW, semantic methods to minimize reality, they aren't crooks anymore, they're "Ethically Challenged" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've decided that no slogan could be more accurate to describe Bush's policy than "Stay The Course" since that is what one most do under dior circumstances, after sailing right into a horrible storm, "Stay the Course" means tie down' the rudder, and pray, because you already took the wrong course.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2006, 08:05 AM
LOL, don't forget, Dick, according to the Republican Talking Points, IOW, semantic methods to minimize reality, they aren't crooks anymore, they're "Ethically Challenged" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've decided that no slogan could be more accurate to describe Bush's policy than "Stay The Course" since that is what one most do under dior circumstances, after sailing right into a horrible storm, "Stay the Course" means tie down' the wheel, and pray, because you already took the wrong course.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Gayle I have to agree with you. Staying the course is Just Like a Man not Stopping to get Directions when he is Lost Driving the Car.

Bush does look Presidential campaigning with his skirt sleeves rolled up and lacking a Suit and Tie.

He forgot Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment always look like a President should.

I used Skirt Sleeves because the Way the Republicans are Coming out of the Closet. Could he be Next?????####

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Gayle,

Why do you hate the ethically challenged? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gifYou know, they have rights too..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You would be much better served giving them a support group. Looks like Nancy will be in place soon to do the funding.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Who knows, Deeman, I've learned, in spite of overwhelming statistics, and exit polls, one never knows what the Republicans will do to throw an election. Someone was just indicted and convicted, for illegal activities during the 04 election, so in spite of 60% who want change, no telling what Rove will pull. I understand, they're already playing their usual phone games, for this election.

It would be interesting though, to see what would happen, and if things would change for the better with the Democrats in power. Personally, if our people were not in need of being rescued from a slaughter, I'd rather have seen the Republicans continue to make their messes, and save the Democratic traditional rescue for 08.

gayle in Md.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
You were in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
Yuo were sayin' the right things, but you must have used the wrong line
you were on the right trip, but you must have used the wrong car
Head is in a bad place and you wonder what it's good for
You were in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
Your head is in a bad place, but you're havin' such a good time

You've been runnin', tryin' to get hung up in your mind
Really got to give yourself a good talkin' to this time
Just need a little brain salad surgery
You got to cure your insecurity

Gayle in MD
11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Republican voters refuse to acknowledge the massive mess they have made through their blind partisanship,

So the answer is to fight back with blind partisanship in the other direction????????????????????

Steve

pooltchr
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> one never knows what the Republicans will do to throw an election.
gayle in Md.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

I was going to start another thread for this, but you gave me the perfect starting point. It seems that there was a problem with the voting machines in our fair city today. Many voters went to the voting machines and chose to vote straight Republican (A mistake in my opinion) only to have their ballot selecting the Democratic candidates. I have only heard this from the ones who actually caught the mistake. Gotta wonder how many didn't bother to re-check the ballot first. But I suppose since the votes went to Democrats, it's ok.

Just for the record, I voted for 6 Democrats today and the rest Republican. It's still the individual, not the party that is important.
Steve

DickLeonard
11-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Pooltchr we had no choice here in New York. Hilliary and Eliot won by 50 % points.####

Gayle in MD
11-08-2006, 06:54 AM
Steve,
In any other election of my lifetime, I would agree with you completely....but certainly, not in this election. The State Of The Union....is more important at such a critical time, than any one candidate, IMO, when one party has shown itself to be so completely corrupt and dishonest, and disconnected to the majority of Americans.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Steve,
Blind Partisanship, does not inspire one to study and search for the best possible version of the truth, before making choices. Blind partisanship, is all about embracing a choice, without making an effort to verify claims. This process is necessary in order to formulate an overview of factual information, without which, no decision can be considered an educated decision. I'm the last person you know, who could be accused of such irresponsibility.

Having studied the issues intently since Bush took office, my personal judgement is that for a range of reasons, which I will not list yet again, the most important issue we face, is to restore oversight of this dishonest Executive Branch, hence, my votes went only to Democrats, in the interest of protecting the Constitution, the country, the law of the land, and our troops. That doesn't mean that at another time, if necessary, and under these same circumstances if created by a Democratic majoirty, my votes would go strictly Republican. That is not a description of partisanship. I think, if you do some research, you will find that the country was voting on National issues in this election, and voting on their opinions of this administration. Hence, when a party fails to stand against corruption and incompetence among their party members, and their executive officials, they ultimately pay the price, and it's called a clean sweep. As Ms. Pelosi has promised, we shall now drain the swamp! High time, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> As Ms. Pelosi has promised, we shall now drain the swamp! High time, IMO.

In my opinion, she should be the best one to drain the swamp. Those who live there know best how to deal with it!
She is a loose cannon. But, as you have pointed out in the past, the voters got what they asked for. We shall see.......
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-08-2006, 10:49 PM
No, she isn't a loose cannon. She's very intelligent, hard working, and genuine. I think she'll do a great job. I certainly don't expect her to be covering up for any pedofiles, or taking any bribes from crooks like Abramoff. She's actually centrist on most issues. I think it's great, to have a woman, in the third most powerful position in the country. Unfortunately, you're already calling her names, and being critical. I didn't do that to George, until after I found out he was counterfit. Why do you hate Nancy Pelosi? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-09-2006, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Why do you hate Nancy Pelosi? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

Since you get your drawers in a wad whenever you are accused of hating GW, I find it a bit odd that you would be so quick to make that charge against me. I do not hate her...I don't even know her. I never said I hate her. She might be a fine person. I have read enough about her stands on various issues, and seen her voting record. I do not agree with her political views. It has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. In fact, I voted for a woman for the Senate this week. I look at individuals, not parties, or gender. But, as I stated, let's wait and see.

I'm sure you are quite happy that the Dems have control of congress. Let's see how they decide to spend your hard earned tax dollars. They have inherited a strong economy with the stock market at all time highs, and unemployment very low (less than 5%). I wonder where it will be in 2 years. They have already stated they want to raise the minimum wage so anyone who can say "Do you want fries with that?" can make more than they are worth. They have already stated they want to "fix" (spend money) the prescription drug plan, get more involved in pharmacutical research (spend money), take over cable television (spend money)....oh, I could go on, but I won't. I honestly don't think our economy will be seeing any improvement in the near future, and we could see it get worse. But, I'm willing to wait and see the results.

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-09-2006, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Since you get your drawers in a wad whenever you are accused of hating GW, I find it a bit odd that you would be so quick to make that charge against me. I do not hate her...I don't even know her. I never said I hate her. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

I never said I hated Bush, either, lol, but, I thought your definition for hate, was disapproval of policy...gee, guess it's only for critiques of Republicans, huh?
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> She might be a fine person. I have read enough about her stands on various issues, and seen her voting record. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Any examples. Steve? Let's hear them. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> I do not agree with her political views. It has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. In fact, I voted for a woman for the Senate this week. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Gee, aren't we sensitive? I never said you did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> I look at individuals, not parties, or gender. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Good for you Steve. Most Americans seem to have viewed this last election as an opportuniy to send a message to Washington, and as many political anyalists have noted, politics aren't always local, when the country is at risk.

But, as I stated, let's wait and see. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> That was my point, Steve, she hasn't even started yet, and you've labeled her a loose cannon.

I'm sure you are quite happy that the Dems have control of congress. Let's see how they decide to spend your hard earned tax dollars. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> They have inherited a strong economy with the stock market at all time highs, and unemployment very low (less than 5%). [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Yeah, right, I'm not going to try to point out the falacies in this so called strong market, or the real truth about jobs, and unemployment, but even you should be able to agree, once you factor in for the massive debt these Republicans have created, if you did some research on the other claims of this administration, you would find, that their accounts of a strong economy are greatly exaggerated. In fact, our nation, is economically at risk, and we have the Republicans to thank for it. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> I wonder where it will be in 2 years. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Given the mess Bu$h had created in the Middle East, and the on-going interest on the debt that he, and the Republicans have created with their policies, I wouldn't expect miracles, that's for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> They have already stated they want to raise the minimum wage so anyone who can say "Do you want fries with that?" can make more than they are worth. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

And you determine what such people are worth? Gee Steve, who do you hate the poor so much? OMG, after decades with no increase on the minimum wage, and you're complaining about a raise? Heaven forbid this government doing anything to help the poor, huh? How very christian of you.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> They have already stated they want to "fix" (spend money) the prescription drug plan, get more involved in pharmacutical research (spend money), take over cable television (spend money)....oh, I could go on, but I won't. I honestly don't think our economy will be seeing any improvement in the near future, and we could see it get worse. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Believe me, Steve, you don't get out of a mess like the economic mess Bu$h has made, without having to pay the pipper at some point, but I'm sure, you'll blame it all on the Democrats, and the minimum wage increase. Do you have any idea at all, for example, how and why Bu$h's back scratching with the Pharmaceutical Industry, has affected the price of prescrition drugs, in this country?

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> But, I'm willing to wait and see the results.

Steve [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

As I said, don't expect any miracles. The Republicans have each American in debt for thirty thousand dollars, right now, and growing by the minute. If Pelosi, can do as she has stated, and enforce "Pay as you go" it will be a huge improvment over the "Spend now, worry later" fiscal irresponsibility of the Republcians, and George Bush. We're in for some tough times, IMO, compliments of the same faulty economics of the Reagan Administration. But, you've already decided that it is the fault of the Democrats, and they have'nt even taken over yet. I only wish they were inheriting the kind of numbers that Bush inherited from Clinton's Administration, and the job increases.

Our tax system presently levies the poor, the middle class, and even the upper middle class, to subsidize the rich, but you're worried about minimum wage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifUnbelievable!!!!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, it's already starting, that's for sure. The Dems have control of both houses of Congress, and now you are already setting the stage so if they are not able to change things, it will be GW's fault!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As for the wicked witch of the west...her voting record is public record. Look it up! She has already told democratic members that if she finds they worked with the Republicans, they they could be sure they would not chair any committees. Is this an indication of someone who is trying to do good, or one who is already exerting her power and authority? Look for a certain Florida representative to find one of those chairmanships, even though he is no longer a judge due to being ethically challenged!!

I am going out on a limb and making a prediction right now. Watch and see if I am right or wrong.
Expect a large influx of illegal aliens in the next few months. After the first of the year, NP will have a bill coming out of the house that will open the door for anyone here illegally to get amnesty. Look for McCain to lead the charge in the Senate to push it through, and do not look for GW to veto it. We are going to reward criminals by giving them citizenship. With that comes all the benefits...social security, prescription drug plans, and access to all the social programs that the Dems love so dearly. Not only will they be allowed to file for citizenship, they will be allowed to bring their families into this country. That should bring us another 80 million or so. What kind of impact will that have on our country? I fear that our children and grandchildren will see the day when English is the second language of the US. They will be demanding higher wages, and with the new minimum wage she is talking about, they are going to get it.
She has voted against a bill that would give property owners the rights they should have. Local governments are going to have greater authority to condemn private property "for the good of the public". And with Dem majorities in congress, she should be able to move further in that direction.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but in all my life, I have yet to see a leopard change their spots. I do not feel good about what will happen to our country in the next two years!
Steve

eg8r
11-10-2006, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, she isn't a loose cannon. <hr /></blockquote> She most certainly is.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's great, to have a woman, in the third most powerful position in the country. Unfortunately, you're already calling her names, and being critical. <hr /></blockquote> Yeah, well, you did such a fine job leading the way with this type of action most would think you would be proud of Steve stepping in your own shoes.

e8gr

eg8r
11-10-2006, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's already starting, that's for sure. The Dems have control of both houses of Congress, and now you are already setting the stage so if they are not able to change things, it will be GW's fault!!! <hr /></blockquote> We already knew this would happen. Well, keep on holding your pants, the "real" spenders are in control of Washington now. You think W was bad wait till you see him with all the new "help" that was just hired in.

eg8r

Qtec
11-10-2006, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's already starting, that's for sure. The Dems have control of both houses of Congress, and now you are already setting the stage so if they are not able to change things, it will be GW's fault!!!
<hr /></blockquote>

If it wasn't for GW there would be no Iraq conflict! The Dems are inheriting a country that is bleeding cash and only functions on credit. The Nat Debt is aproaching 9 trillion and you have conflict on 2 fronts.

Q.yeah, blame the Dems

Q

Gayle in MD
11-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey Steve, lets not forget who sent the illegals the invitation in the first place, Ronald Reagan! Illegal immigration is one serious problem, and both parties deserve some blame for the devastating consequences of Illegal aliens in this country, and it is a huge issue, and a drain on our economy in the long run. I've already stated my opinion on the matter, they should be deported! I don't care if they chain them in foot chains, and mrach them right back through the desert, they should not be given any opportuniy for citizenship, when so many others who come here do so legally, waiting their turn. Both parties are to blame for this influx, and for not observing our immigration laws, already in place.

I have no idea what you're speaking about as regards a Florida Representative, however, Nancy Pelosi voted against this ill conceived and failing war in Iraq. She was also one of the first people to speak out against the incompetence of this administration in prosecuting the war, and the need for rumsfeld to go. That prove, to me atleast, that she listens much more closely than George Bush to what the Generals on the ground advised, all along.

I have never found any infromation regarding her stand on eminent domain, if that is what you're referring to, but I'd be very disappointed in her if she voted in support of commercial interests, taking people's homes, for personal profit. Please provide me with a cut and paste, or a link, if you are making such a charge.

So far, I have been impressed with Nancy Pelosi, her voting record, and her integrity, which is a hell of a lot more than I could say for Bush's decisions, and also some democrats. I do not subscribe to the position of Democrats as regards our problem with illegals, which are also the position of Bush, and once of Reagan, so it seems to be a bi-partisan F-up!

As for the future, I am encouraged, that for the first time in six years, we will once again have the Checks and balances, and the oversight, that the framers of our Constitution intended. Maybe you don't like that, but I think it is the most important aspect of sound government, and an aspect that has been painfully absent. It is a good change of events. Rumsfelds leave of duty, also another good change. The stated intentions of the Democratic party, and Pelosi's promises, all sound good to me. While you may be praying that I will be disappointed, it is hard to imagine my being any more disappointed in performance levels of the Democrats in the next two years, than I am now, in Republcians behavior and decisions, however, for the sake of this country, and our troops, and the Iraqis, I hope for the best, and feel, that for the first time in six years, we have a shot at going forward with a truthful, and factual frame for decision making, without the lies and rhetoric we've had to deal with previously. That is a good sign, for all concerned, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Gayle,
About the only thing I really am hopeful about is that we will see some change in the direction the war is taking. As for what will happen inside our boarders (and along them) I have serious reservations.

When I get a chance, I will hunt down that link and post it for you.
Steve

Bobbyrx
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Do you have any idea at all, for example, how and why Bu$h's back scratching with the Pharmaceutical Industry, has affected the price of prescrition drugs, in this country?
<font color="blue"> Yeah I do. Not one bit and I buy 5 or 6 thousand dollars worth of prescriptions drugs a day. The rate of increase has slowed down in the last 8 or 10 years actually and it has nothing to do with who's president but the increase in generics and insurance companies. So scratch this one off of your long list of conspiracies</font color>

pooltchr
11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Gayle,
I couldn't find the link, but I did find this quote that pretty much sums up her feelings on the subject.
\

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, said she "would oppose any legislation that says that we would withhold funds for the enforcement of any decision of the Supreme Court, no matter how opposed I am to that decision." She then added: "And I'm not saying that I'm opposed to this decision."

Nancy Pelosi, one of the leaders of the Democrat party, agrees with the seizure of land for private interests.