PDA

View Full Version : First Effort at a YouTube video - Earl's 1st win

BillPorter
10-28-2006, 12:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just put a little (3.5 minute) video on YouTube. It's a slide-show video made up of images from the 1982 Dayton 9-ball Open. This was Earl Strickland's first big tournament victory as he bested Buddy Hall in the finals. The image quality in the YouTube video is, of course, considerably less than you would have when showing the images as a video directly on your computer. I just used the free Microsoft Photo Story software. It was kind of fun to put it together and took maybe 2 hours to do. Hope someone out there enjoys it! Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hIhAuk7Qw

Rich R.
10-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Great job Bill, and I especially liked your choice of music.

wolfdancer
10-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Bill, excellent !!! There's even a bonus treat on the page....some video of Earl Vs Strickland in Hong Kong. I've got that 13 tape series...but I like what you both did and added a music background....and selected good music.
I've been trying to download Photo Story 3 for about a week now....and can't get the installation to finish...I get a genaric code error.
I upgraded Media Player to Beta 11...have enough memory...but????
Enjoyed seeing the pictures in a video format....thanks!!!

slow_roller
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
That's very nicely done--really enjoyed it. Captures the feel of pool better than any TV match. Thanks for info on how you did it too, I'll check the software out.