PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Anniversary Table

AnnithingGoes
10-28-2006, 03:56 PM
We acquired a Brunswick Anniversary 9' table with our house (the previous owners didn't want to move it). It seems to be in remarkably good shape. From what we've learned by searching the net, it just lacks the cue holders on the side. We believe it is the 1950 model since it has aluminum on the base and pockets. It also has the ball return feature. Can anyone tell us how to determine the year for certain? (We've already visited the Brunswick site and read all its catalog descriptions.) And, more importantly, what it might be worth?

Brian in VA
10-29-2006, 01:48 PM
AnythingGoes,

It's very difficult to know for sure what year the table is. I have an Anniversary that I purchased a few months ago on ebay. Mine also has the brushed aluminum corners and leg surrounds (mop protectors) but has drop pockets instead of ball return.

I got mine for $2,000. I've seen them go for that up to about $3,800 but it depends mainly on the condition of the table (including the rubber in a table this old) where you live, what folks are willing to spend, etc. There are several dealers on the web that specialize in older tables and you might want to try them if you're looking to sell it. You won't get as much but it eliminates any hassle. Feel free to PM me if you want some more info.

Brian in VA

AuntyDan
10-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Do the rails look like they are solid wood (I.E. You can see genuine wood grain) or do they look like formica with simulated wood grain? (Like that found on most Gold Crown tables) On an early Anniversary I believe they should be solid Rosewood, not sure exactly what date they changed.

Other than that, have you looked under the table? Usually there should be a Brunswick label on one of the frame elements that should detail the model number and date of manufacture.