PDA

View Full Version : 8 Ft Table Lighting Question

tkbalt
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
I am setting up an 8ft Brunswick Camden in my basement and need good lighting. I question if some of the 3 (incandescent bulb) light fixtures will be able to light the table properly - although certainly be a less expensive option.

I am looking at the Diamond florescent fixtures and they have 7ft and 9ft fixtures only. I like the size of the tournament (smaller) model, but wonder if it will adequately light an 8ft table (uses round florescent bulbs)?? The full sized model with (4) 6ft florescent bulbs seems that it would be fine, but more than I am willing to spend.

Does anyone have experience using either of these fixtures to light an 8ft table? I am particularly interested in feedback on the tournament fixture - but would appreciate any feedback you make have on the full size as well.

7' Tournament Style Light (22" X 62" X 5")

Qty. 1 $500
Qty. 2-9 $450
Qty. 10 + $400
Tournament Used @ $400
This Light requires (2) 12" & (2) 16" Round Florescent Bulbs

7' Full Size Light (38" X 78" X 8")

Qty. 1 $600
Qty. 2-9 $550
Qty. 10 + $500
This Light requires (4) 6' Florescent Bulbs

Rich R.
10-29-2006, 05:53 PM
I have an 8' table and I use a 3 (incandescent bulb) light fixture and it does the job just fine. Just be sure to hang it at the proper height above the bed of the table. I wish I could remember that distance, but unfortunately.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 08:48 AM
In one pool room they had 3 warehouse style fixtures on the 9 ft tables...adequate lighting, no shadows.
Another room had a 4 tube, 8 ft flourescent fixture,with a diffuser...also good lighting.
For my 9 ft'r....I bought 3 warehouse fixtures@ around $22 each....and have daylight bulbs in each....great lighting, easy on the eyes, and each bulb uses only 16w...while equalling the output of a 100w.
I did this after months of shopping for the "right" fixture.
Returned a couple that I had bought.
Those $500 fixtures look pretty good though, and add something to the room....but buy one designed for your table size.