PDA

View Full Version : Dominiak Custom Cues

Doctor_D
07-17-2002, 06:02 AM
Good morning:

Please visit www.dominiak.com (http://www.dominiak.com) and check out our collection of custom made cues. These Cues, through Doctor D, are available to the CCB regulars at 20% off retail. Please contact me directly if you would like more information.

Dr. D.

Rip
07-17-2002, 08:39 AM
There seems to be an increase in self promotion and advertising on CCB lately. JMO, Rip~~realizes this is not Ebay

Doctor_D
07-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Good morning:

Just trying to offer some value and special pricing to the CCB regulars.

By the way, this is NOT Spam since you know who sent it and the sender can be reached directly!

Dr. D.

07-17-2002, 09:52 AM
Your tout of the unattractive sticks is spam. You can try to call it whatever you want but it is what it is. I hope anyone reading your advertisement realizes that by your own admission you had never even played pool until one year ago. If you want to pretend you know what a quality stick is and then steer people to the site, why not include what you are basing your opinion on? Perhaps because it's really shiney and pretty? Come on D, get real. Bill's friend

Rich R.
07-17-2002, 09:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr> There seems to be an increase in self promotion and advertising on CCB lately. JMO, Rip~~realizes this is not Ebay <hr></blockquote>
As with Blackheart, Scott Lee, Talisman Tony and a few others, I think we can allow regular CCB posters to indulge in a little "shameless self promotion". Especially when they can offer CCB members a special deal of some sort.
It is the Anonymous posters, that come in and try to sell or ask you to send them $6 and add your name to a list, that we can do without.
JMHO. Rich R.

stickman
07-17-2002, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr>As with Blackheart, Scott Lee, Talisman Tony and a few others, I think we can allow regular CCB posters to indulge in a little "shameless self promotion". Especially when they can offer CCB members a special deal of some sort.
It is the Anonymous posters, that come in and try to sell or ask you to send them $6 and add your name to a list, that we can do without.
JMHO. Rich R.<hr></blockquote>

I agree Rich. These regular posters (I'm pretty sure you missed a few, LOL) add considerably to the forum discussions. They may at times indulge in a little self promotion. I can't blame them, and honestly don't have any problem with it. Dr._D's offer of a sizable discount to CCB regulars was a nice offer, in my opinion. If it's something that you're not interested in, so be it. The one's that really displease me are the one time posters that use the board for a free ad space, especially when they are promoting something totally non pool related, like some sort of pyramid scheme.

07-17-2002, 10:42 AM
OUCH... Can you feel the love?

07-17-2002, 10:44 AM
OUCH... Can you feel the love?

DEADSTOKE32
07-17-2002, 10:55 AM
NOT COOL MAN WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION .BUT THAT IS JUST WRONG 2 TALK 2 SOME ONE LIKE THAT . WHAT GIVE'S YOU THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT ANYBODY LIKE THAT YOU NEVER MET . AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT SHE'S SALE DON'T BUY IT .

Lester
07-17-2002, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DEADSTOKE32:</font><hr> NOT COOL MAN WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION .BUT THAT IS JUST WRONG 2 TALK 2 SOME ONE LIKE THAT . WHAT GIVE'S YOU THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT ANYBODY LIKE THAT YOU NEVER MET . AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT SHE'S SALE DON'T BUY IT . <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I'll bet he's not really "Bill's Friend" either. ****Lester****

07-17-2002, 11:17 AM
Is it just me or is it always the person who is anonymous, unregistered, or has no profile that leaves this type of a slanderous comment?

07-17-2002, 12:14 PM
What in my post do you feel is slander? I suggested that D add a disclaimer so new or uninformed readers will not mistake her for a credible cue person. That is hardly a slanderous remark. How would you feel if you trusted someone's ad on this forum and spent several hundred or more on a cue that turned out to be much less of a cue than you expected? Other's touting their wares here have years and years of experience and vast knowledge of their craft. Not so in D's case. That's not slander. It's a fact according to her own recent post. I'm not looking for a pi$$ing match but just because someone makes hundreds of posts does not give them knowledge of pool sticks. Not that D isn't a nice person but some people that lurk on this forum might be confused and think that because D posts alot, she must have knowledge of what she speaks and then they spend their hard earned cash as a result. I'm not anonymous I am Bill's friend.

07-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you have a personal axe to grind with Dr. D. Sounds like you are a wpba board member to.

07-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Although I have never handled or refinished one of these cues, I would not post a reply calling someones cue "unattractive". And that is opinionated slander.

You wrote and I quote:
"Your tout of the unattractive sticks is spam."

I am not a big expert on Spam, but I do know that when you voice an opinion about someone or something in a negative fashion publicly, it then becomes slander.

slander

\Slan"der\, v. t. [imp. &amp; p. p. Slandered; p. pr. &amp; vb. n. Slandering.] 1. To defame; to injure by maliciously uttering a false report; to tarnish or impair the reputation of by false tales maliciously told or propagated; to calumniate.

O, do not slander him, for he is kind. --Shak.

2. To bring discredit or shame upon by one's acts.

Tax not so bad a voice To slander music any more than once. --Shak.

Syn: To asperse; defame; calumniate; vilify; malign; belie; scandalize; reproach. See Asperse.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

07-17-2002, 01:42 PM
My use of the word "unattractive" describes my own subjective and honest opinion. Your use of the term slander and your further attempt to understand the term serves only to prove you have no idea what slander is. You say "you would not post a reply calling someone's cue unattractive". I DID and if you've seen them you probably would not think they were attractive. As far as "opinionated slander" goes well it proves you are not an attorney! Three things have been established. You are no expert on spam You are no expert on pool stix. You are no expert in law. You wrote "I do know that when you voice an opinion about someone or something in a negative fashion publicly, it then becomes slander." You are definitely not an attorney. If I said D was unattractive, her stix are unattractive, her car is unattractive, her dog or cat is unattractive and her hair style is unattractive, none of those statements constitute any type of slander. Tacky yes, slander no. This horse has been beaten to death so have a wonderful day. Bill's friend

Cueless Joey
07-17-2002, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr> There seems to be an increase in self promotion and advertising on CCB lately. JMO, Rip~~realizes this is not Ebay <hr></blockquote>.....
Hmn, I recall you were touting your hamburger chain In N Out very prominently a month or two ago.
Where are my coupons? Number 1 with Strawberry Shake please.

07-17-2002, 02:41 PM
what I consider wrong, you dismiss as tacky... oh well. Is the glass half full or half empty? I guess it is how you look at it.
I have been told in the past from others that I, in fact, do know a little about pool sticks (cues as I like to refer to them as).

Cueless Joey
07-17-2002, 02:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: gypsy:</font><hr> what I consider wrong, you dismiss as tacky... oh well. Is the glass half full or half empty? I guess it is how you look at it.
I have been told in the past from others that I, in fact, do know a little about pool sticks (cues as I like to refer to them as). <hr></blockquote>......
Good for ya Jipz. Why do they call it "sticks"? You don't spank balls with it. LOL

07-17-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm sure you have been told you know A LITTLE about cues. Probably for good reason. Call them whatever you like, cues, sticks, attractive or unattractive. Be the best Gypsy you can be today and let Judge Judy handle the legaleze. My glass is always full because I am Bill's friend.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: gypsy:</font><hr> what I consider wrong, you dismiss as tacky... oh well. Is the glass half full or half empty? I guess it is how you look at it.
I have been told in the past from others that I, in fact, do know a little about pool sticks (cues as I like to refer to them as). <hr></blockquote>

07-20-2002, 03:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

Please visit <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dominiak.com>www.dominiak.com</a> and check out our collection of custom made cues. These Cues, through Doctor D, are available to the CCB regulars at 20% off retail. Please contact me directly if you would like more information.

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

Sounds like a great deal,a special price if I buy in bulk?BS

07-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Say, isn't "Shak" misspelled? Isn't it supposed to be "Shaq"?

Pogue
07-20-2002, 03:04 PM
While your use of the word "unattractive" may not be slander, (which is debatable, as a cue stick can also be considered an art piece, so some courts would rule that you state the cue has no monetary value when you say it is unattractive.. I say debatable because a cue has a utility purpose. This would definitely be slander if you stated this about an up-and-coming artist, if you were in fact considered an authority on art..) but when you said "If you want to pretend you know what a quality stick is"... Well, that just plain IS slander. You blatantly say that the poster is "pretending" to know what a quality cue is, which will instill doubt as to the quality of that posters cues, possibly costing that poster profit from sales. The truth is, even though the poster said he/she has only played for a year or so, that has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the cues. I am quite sure Bill Stroud (still alive?? I dunno) could teach me to make a great cue if I were to have only a month to learn, as I have a very high capacity for learning.

Please, if you choose to try to "define" legal terms, do not go and violate those presumptions in the same paragraph, lol.. Even stating an opinion can get you a slander lawsuit for your troubles, depending on your stature in your industry.. Believe you me, if Oprah Winfrey criticized a local artist's paintings by calling them "ugly" on national television, and the artist starts losing money, you ca bet your house that Oprah is going to be paying that local artist a LOT of money for her statements.

Pogue

Q-guy
07-20-2002, 04:39 PM
How would you explain a food critic or a movie critic like Roger Ebert? How about an auto mag when they review a new car? Dr. D doesn't claim to be an authority on cues. and I doubt she is. I would not call her post an indorsement. She uses the term "Our collection" implying she is directly affiliated with them. Regardless how she may have meant it. It was just an advertisement. If she got some heat from some people, that was the chance she took.

07-22-2002, 09:57 AM
All you've done is state your opinion which contains no basis of law. The military and poker tables have taught you zero points of law. Bill's friend

07-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Boy you really need to be easier on Doctor D.
I don't think her letting us know of a Cue is a SPAM.
You didn't have to read it, and she didn't hide what the
subject was either.

Also, as far as quality products, I have seen some pro's endorse JUNK. Yet, most are sucker into believing it's a good product because of the Pro's endorsement. I really
don't care if Doctor D. never played pool, if she has come across a product she believes in; others can try it, and if they like it great!!! Hopefully, the product will speak for it self in a positive way. I heard boasts on almost every cue in existence, but I really don't care about that, I want to find the cue that is best for me. Also most people have to go through a lot of cues to make that decision. So let's be nice about this and see where the product goes in time.

PEACE to all!

Jim
(goproclaim@aol.com)

07-22-2002, 08:10 PM
What's the matter Mario, Ken not playing with you at Playpool enough? Go away and leave D alone. She's got just as much right to sell someone's cues as anyone else in the world. Hell, I know waiters who became great cue salesmen. You gotta figure a PhD. couldn't do any worse..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif