PDA

View Full Version : The politics of pool

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 11:44 AM
I've just finished an exhaustive research project at my lower Washington think tank, research lab, and single table pool academy.
The five participants in the project represent a nice cross section of middle America, and 3 of them were relatively sober while filling out the questionaires.
9- ball...not much imagination involved and your choices are dictated by your what your opponent did......this game appeals mostly to Conservative Hard Liner Republicans.
8-ball... a lot more options, and some independant planning. Appeals to some "liberal" Republicans, and the average Democrat.
3-C and one-pocket....requires lots of thought and creativity....and planning for the future...appeals to Both Democrats really concerned by long term issues like the environment, global warming, etc....and to the Libertarians...unfettered by partisan dictates...

eg8r
10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-C and one-pocket....requires lots of thought and creativity....and planning for the future...appeals to Both Democrats really concerned by long term issues like the environment, global warming, etc....and to the Libertarians...unfettered by partisan dictates... <hr /></blockquote> No argument here, I am sure it takes those Dems tons of thought to come up with this stuff. I just know the people up in Buffalo were just begging to sign the Kyoto treaty a week or so ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Other than that, pretty interesting research. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Thems my people you are talking about. The city once thrived on the steel plant, auto industry, grain storage, etc. They're all long gone, and over the past 10 years there has an exodus from WNY, the population is decreasing. The steel plants were notorious for the smog they produced....National Analine, a Chemical compnay oozed out a green yellow discharge from it's smoke stacks which produced a green yellow fog on the overhead bridge. we thought it great fun to hide in that fog....and some 50 years later, I'm still around. Except for the skin discoloration, and consistant cough...still on the oxygen exchange system.
give them folks a choice between the Kyoto pact, and their old jobs back, and.....don't stand near the voting booths with no green peace signs.

Drop1
10-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Your think tank,has one more table,than mine /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif