PDA

View Full Version : "Ironing" the Felt

macnoma99
10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Ive been told that you can iron the felt on a slow, "fuzzy" table to make it faster. Has anyone ever heard of / tried this and is it safe?

BLACKHEART
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
vacuum the cloth 1st. Then spray a third of the table at a time ,with spray starch. Then iron, with the heat set on WOOL. Even with regular play it will last for months. When it starts to fluff up reiron WITHOUT the starch. Eventually you'll need more starch. If you have filled the slate cracks with wax, you don't want to iron the cloth...JER

Rich R.
10-30-2006, 06:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote macnoma99:</font><hr> Ive been told that you can iron the felt on a slow, "fuzzy" table to make it faster. Has anyone ever heard of / tried this and is it safe? <hr /></blockquote>
I'm not sure, but I think I have heard of ironing the cloth on snooker tables.

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Mac I have been told in the Old Days they would Iron Three Cushion tables before World Tourneys. Willie Hoppe carried an Iron with him and would iron the table before an exhibition. In those days they would heat the plate the iron rested on. When the iron lost heat they would place it back on the plate.####