PDA

View Full Version : We were right about Kerry

pooltchr
10-31-2006, 05:15 PM
John Kerry made it quite clear what he thinks about the people serving in the military. He stated that only those who don't get an education and go on to do well in other fields end up in the military. His statements yesterday TURNED MY STOMACH!! He tried to spin his way out of it, but it's pretty clear he thinks that our troops are pretty much a bunch of uneducated losers!

I don't care how bad anyone thinks GW is, in my opinion, it's a damn good thing that Kerry never became commander-in-chief!!!!!!!!!
Steve

Deeman3
10-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Steve,

While I agree I'm happy John Kerry was not elected and never will be. I disagree on the reactions to his slip of the tongue. I think we risk becomeing just like the Gayles of the world if we jump on every statement made as a political opportunity. His statement may have been not so smart but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was not wanting to demean our soldiers. Even he is not that stupid. Sometimes words just come out wrong and, anymore, it's hard to take them back. Then you are forced to defend them as a simple, "I made a mistake", sadly, is not enough anymore.

The political atmosphere is so bad that no one with good sense would ever want to run for public office anymore and that, to me, is even sadder. I take him at his word that he means no disrespect to our soldiers. He was just trying to make a political point and screwed up. We all do that on occasion.

DeeMan

heater451
10-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Including the actual quote might help people come to their own conclusions.

wolfdancer
10-31-2006, 05:56 PM
PC it wasn't...but it borders on the truth. It's an all volunteer Army, and if you have a college ed, and a nice job..you're going to trade that in for the chance to get your a$$ blown up? If enlistments were so high, why are these guys serving on their 4th tour of duty, and 50 yr olds being pressed into service?
Truth is the enlistment bonus's are appealing only to the guys without the degrees.....that's my take.
I don't see any disrespect there to the troops...telling the truth....

JPB
10-31-2006, 05:59 PM
I heard his statement and his idiotic attempt at an explanation. Whatever political heat he gets over this he has coming. He said something stupid and now has tried to be aggessive in the manufactured response to get out of it. It was clear in the last election he was a person of little character. Whether you agree on some issues with the guy is a different issue. He isn't smart, right, or upstanding.

JPB
10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> PC it wasn't...but it borders on the truth. It's an all volunteer Army, and if you have a college ed, and a nice job..you're going to trade that in for the chance to get your a$$ blown up? If enlistments were so high, why are these guys serving on their 4th tour of duty, and 50 yr olds being pressed into service?
Truth is the enlistment bonus's are appealing only to the guys without the degrees.....that's my take.
I don't see any disrespect there to the troops...telling the truth.... <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly, it's an all-volunteer army. So he is saying that if you volunteer you were too stupid to do anything else. Doesn't go over big with the Pat Tillmans of the world, huh? What about saying that to the family of a dead West Pointer? See how well it goes over in the amputation ward at Walter Reed. He has admitted to committing war crimess himself, went to sabotage the Paris peace talks as a freaking lieutenant, and flip flops on everything. As I said above, you may agree with him on particular issues, but a good guy he isn't.

wolfdancer
10-31-2006, 07:02 PM
I must have missed the part about the war crimes...was he prosecuted for them? A war criminal won the Democratic Nomination for President?
And we seem to view his comments differently....they may have been ill-advised....I just have a different interpretation of them than you do.

pooltchr
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> Including the actual quote might help people come to their own conclusions.

<hr /></blockquote>

Here you go.

Mr. Kerry said: ďYou know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you donít, you get stuck in Iraq.Ē

Steve

Drop1
10-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Kerry has no balls,and Bush has led us out of the wilderness. I did not like Kerry,and I cannot tell you why.At least with Bush,we can all have a good sense of what happens when a dummy plays Commander and Chief.

JPB
10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I must have missed the part about the war crimes...was he prosecuted for them? A war criminal won the Democratic Nomination for President?
And we seem to view his comments differently....they may have been ill-advised....I just have a different interpretation of them than you do. <hr /></blockquote>

No, he confessed to them, although implicating other soldiers too, i.e. either insulting them or trying to escape personal responsibility somehow. They replayed his remarks on the radio today. Basically he said he was part of a force in Vietnam that burned villages, killed women and children, killed livestock, poisoned food, etc... If he did those things he is a war criminal. Of course he wasn't and won't be prosecuted. But the words came from his mouth, not the right wing media pundits.

eg8r
11-01-2006, 06:25 AM
From what I have read, he did not read the "joke" correctly and missed the word "us" when he referred to "stuck in Iraq". Ok, so that is fine, however he should still apologize to the troops recognizing that he screwed the joke up and that it might have offended them. He refuses to do so.

eg8r

eg8r
11-01-2006, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I must have missed the part about the war crimes...was he prosecuted for them? A war criminal won the Democratic Nomination for President?
<hr /></blockquote> Even though it was covered extensively in the news, you could also do a search here on the forum. We made sure the REAL Kerry was represented.

eg8r

eg8r
11-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Hey Deeman, I totally agree with your post. If he would just say something to the effect of "I am sorry I screwed up the joke, if I have offended anyone, I am sorry", but he won't say that. He is just saying he screwed up the joke and missing the most important part of apologizing to the military. Just apologize and get over it.

One of our radio announcers here on a local station was joking around and said Kerry should just admit he was drunk or find a priest he did not like. It is working for Foley. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-01-2006, 07:00 AM
All you need to do is turn on your TV. It was on all the stations.

eg8r

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Pooltchr you were right about Kerry but we are right about Bush, he doeesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Kerry must have read my post on GWB being the Child left Behind and used it to poke fun at him. Please don't fall for that false empathy by GWB about the Brave Soldiers, he had his chance along with Cheney and blew it now their Pro Military. He lied us into a war that he can't get out of. That is okay. ####

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 07:16 AM
JPB don't give me that BS it is an all volunteer army. Once they extend your enlistment it ceases to be an all volunteer army. You have now been enslaved all it takes is the War Mongering Republicans to do their duty and join the Services. I am still waiting to see the dust of the rush to join. It ain't happening and it ain't going to happen.

I would love to See what Georgie boy would have his father do for him now that the National Guard is serving in War. Where could he hide.####

Gayle in MD
11-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Well, Deeman, regardless of how you feel about my posts, if everyone who votes, would research and study the issues, we'd all be better off. Since it seems to be so hard for either you, or Ed, to make your points on here without insulting me in the process, I have to conclude that the factual information that I share on this forum, is irreputable, hence, your usual pot shots regarding the facts.

When I hear the President lie in a press conference, before the world, and before the people of the United States of America, about sending our troops to struggle in a war, yes, I jump on it. When he follows that up with incompetence, and waste, I jump right on it. When he misleads the country about economic facts, I jump right on it. When he says, for example, that he didn't expect the Iraqi Army, and security forces, to melt away, when I know damn well, that HE was responsible for disbanding them, yeah, I write about it. Attacking the messenger, rather than debating the issues, which you don't seem able to do, doesn't change the facts.

Kerry's statements, were directed at George Bush, his incessent drug and alcohol use and partying throughout his youth, and his resulting ignorance, which led eventually to his inability to understand that there was a great deal about the Middle East, which he should have taken the time to learn about before he went against all reasonable expert advice, and put our troops in a quagmire, which even the best minds in this country, are having a hard time figuring out how to get us out of with any amount of dignity, or positive results. I don't think Kerry should make any apology, and further, if anyone should be apologizing to our troops, it is George Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Concoleeza Rice, and Dick Cheney, for leaving them to be slaughtered, in an unwinnable war, after sending them in there on lie, without enough troop support, sufficient supplies, or reasonable leadership in order to provide them with some safety, all for an unrealistic mission, hence, the Mission Statement is ever changing.

Believe me, the Gayles of the world, as you put it, are not ignorant enough to believe that success in Iraq, regardless of how we may all hope against realistic expectations for it, or a war in any other single country in the Middle East, will not stop terrorism, nor will it lessen the dangers associated with it. So, unless you think that our own 16 Agencies, and their assessment that we are less safe now, than before Bush made his ill advised decision, which emboldened terrorists, their numbers, and their determinations against the United States, now known as the worst strategic error in judgement this country has ever suffered through, I'd suggest you address the facts, rather than attack the messenger. This entire Kerry incident, although the Republican spin machine will latch onto it with their usual lies and misinformation, will not change the cirtical decision that we as voters are presently facing. I only wish, that all those in this country, unlike the Gayles of the world, had don'e their homework, before voting, as thoroughly as this Gayle.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Steve,
You took this statement out of context. If you consider the whole of his remarks, while he may be guilty of not making himself more clear, in the way he stated his thoughts, it is obvious, in the whole of his statement, he was aiming his comments, at Bush, not the troops. Even Chris Mathews, definately a righty, said this same thing about it. Republicans, IMO, are making a big mistake, by not addressing the pertinents issues. The public is tiring of Rove's tactics. I'm sick of hearing Bush focuss on draperies, when our troops, are being slaughtered. Tired of him bragging about his economic policies, and tax cuts, when we are trillions on debt to China, paying out a fortune every day in interest.

Regardless of how you feel about Kerry, and certainly you have good reqasons, I'm sure, for whatever your feelings may be, the fact is, we certainly would not be in Iraq, had Kerry won. That one fact alone, and our huge deficits, and borrowed money from China, is enough for me to wish Kerry had been in the White House, these last six years, instead of Bush.

JMPO...
Gayle

Gayle in MD
11-01-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm disappointed in you Steve. Didn't think you'd use Rove tactics. The least you could do is include the whole statement...his preceeding remarks, and this one, were all directed at Bush. Did you hear, or read them? If you had, you'd agree with me.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
11-01-2006, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
When I hear the President lie in a press conference, before the world, and before the people of the United States of America, about sending our troops to struggle in a war, yes, I jump on it.

<font color="blue">What are you talking about in 25 words or less </font color>

Chopstick
11-01-2006, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> All you need to do is turn on your TV. It was on all the stations.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I've been buried in work for the last week. I just heard it. He was on Imus this morning. Here's the transcript of the end of the interview. Imus hung up on him.

Sen. John Kerry: "You know I understand. That's a good comment, and I agree with that, but the point I was making was very simple, these guys didn't do their homework, they didn't listen..."

Imus: "No, I know what you meant, but I mean--God just stop it, Iím begging you. I love you, but just stop it, Iím begging you."

Sen. John Kerry: "Well, I think itís important to talk about Iraq."

Imus: "I'm begging you."

Sen. John Kerry: "I hear you, you do not have to beg, you're my friend, I understand what you're saying but I'm telling you, Iím not going to let these guys lie and smear, and they put their whole machine out to do it and they ought to apologize...."

Imus: "(Interrupting) Stop now. Stop now, Iím begging you. I'll let you go. Senator John Kerry here on the Imus in the Morning Program."

Kerry on Imus (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6928257/#storyContinued)

hondo
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> Including the actual quote might help people come to their own conclusions.

<hr /></blockquote>

Here you go.

Mr. Kerry said: &amp;#8220;You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don&amp;#8217;t, you get stuck in Iraq.&amp;#8221;

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

How ironic! That's exactly what I told my sons the other
day. I'm so disgusted with myself!
Not exactly what you said he said at first, is it?
Our kids aren't stupid; this is another Vietnam and
I, for one, applaud Kerry's honesty, although the
pc'ers are making him grovel now. Bullshit.

hondo
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I must have missed the part about the war crimes...was he prosecuted for them? A war criminal won the Democratic Nomination for President?
And we seem to view his comments differently....they may have been ill-advised....I just have a different interpretation of them than you do. <hr /></blockquote>

No, he confessed to them, although implicating other soldiers too, i.e. either insulting them or trying to escape personal responsibility somehow. They replayed his remarks on the radio today. Basically he said he was part of a force in Vietnam that burned villages, killed women and children, killed livestock, poisoned food, etc... If he did those things he is a war criminal. Of course he wasn't and won't be prosecuted. But the words came from his mouth, not the right wing media pundits. <hr /></blockquote>
If this happened in Iraq and was brought up as an indictment against the war in Iraq, you'd be raising
holy hell. What a joke these so-called "debates" are
on here.

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Ed, I understood the reference...this forum however,would be the last place I'd go to authenticate "facts". Everybody, but myself seems to be biased.
So, are you folks condemning him as a self-professed "war criminal" while also in the past condemning his outspoken comments re the Viet Nam war?....sems like "double jeopardy"
I think many GI's who were able to see the difference between killing enemy fighters and killing women and children, felt guilt and remorse, from their Viet Nam war experience. Seems there were many that had long term emotional,mental problems afterwards.
It's a byproduct of war....innocents being slaughtered...or do you believe all 600,000 Iragi dead were terrorists?
"We made sure the REAL Kerry was exposed here"
You know as much about the REAL Kerry as I do....just as you know as much about the REAL Bill Clinton as I do.
I didn't particularly like Kerry,just another politician, but as the choice between him and GWB....he got my X.
If he had won though, we might not have $20m earmarked to celebrate them 600,000 terrorists deaths, we might not have had a 9/11...but if we did..we might have focused on Afghanistan instead of Iraq, as the cause.

hondo
11-01-2006, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
When I hear the President lie in a press conference, before the world, and before the people of the United States of America, about sending our troops to struggle in a war, yes, I jump on it.

<font color="blue">What are you talking about in 25 words or less </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, boobyrx, you have to pass a literacy test to be
on this forum. Please leave. We let Eg stay because he's
grandfathered in.

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 10:52 AM
So, one remark...was enough for you to make an overall judgment, about somebody....this after all the verbal gaffes by one GWB?
What I read into that remark was....no education/no job/join the military for the $$ bonus/ continuous duty in the Iraq War...with no end in sight.
I'm sure if the Army released any educational demographics concerning enlisted men...but, after reading some enlistment "scandals" over the last couple of years, where inductees,with marginal IQ's somehow "passed" the written exam....i doubt that kind of report will be forthcoming.
I'm not trying to alter your opinion of his remarks.....but you certainly do follow the party line...anybody speaking out against the war.....is dishonoring the brave soldiers fighting it.
In reality...they are speaking out against your fearless leader.......

JPB
11-01-2006, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I must have missed the part about the war crimes...was he prosecuted for them? A war criminal won the Democratic Nomination for President?

No, he confessed to them, although implicating other soldiers too, i.e. either insulting them or trying to escape personal responsibility somehow. They replayed his remarks on the radio today. Basically he said he was part of a force in Vietnam that burned villages, killed women and children, killed livestock, poisoned food, etc... If he did those things he is a war criminal. Of course he wasn't and won't be prosecuted. But the words came from his mouth, not the right wing media pundits. <hr /></blockquote>
If this happened in Iraq and was brought up as an indictment against the war in Iraq, you'd be raising
holy hell. What a joke these so-called "debates" are
on here. <hr /></blockquote>

That absolutely isn't true, don't ascribe positions to me that are false. If you want to discuss the importance in a 4th generation war of having troops respect the local population we can do that. That is a different issue. I can separate them. If you want to start an intelligent discussion of the situation, go ahead. I don't ask the anti war folks to justify Kerry's voting for the war in Iraq, so don't purport to tell me what I would say about atrocities in Iraq.

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Have you seen the new recruiting (enticement) ad for the Army?
The young guy is telling his Mom about how he is concerned about the environment, and if he joins he could be part of an environmental response team...maybe cleaning up oil spills.
It's the kind of ad sure to appeal to any recent college grads.
I can see it now....they issue him his rifle, flak jacket, combat gear...and then the sergeant hands him a couple of rags, maybe a roll of "the quicker,picker,upper"...and says "here kid, if you see any oil spots, clean em up"

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
lol.....now what did John K. say about staying in school?

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Gayle, I don't know about your thinking...but I believe this remark by Kerry, coupled with the BC/BJ, should be enough to sway the voters, and keep the righteous rubber stampers in power,for another term.
It transcends all the Republican failures to legislate in the best interests of their constituents.

reggie182
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Even Chris Mathews, definately a righty<hr /></blockquote>

Are you joking? Chris Matthews used to work for Tip O'Neill. If he's right, I'd like to hear what you think left is.

Bobbyrx
11-01-2006, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>

Hey, boobyrx, <font color="blue"> how clever </font color> you have to pass a literacy test to be
on this forum. Please leave. We let Eg stay because he's
grandfathered in. <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">The only test for THIS forum is to pledge to read the Huffington Post at least 3 times a day.
Far be it for the left to take anything out of context to get at a conservative..noooooo never....see Limbaugh and M.J.Fox </font color>

FatsRedux
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Don't be just smart be Kerry Smart!! Scroll about halfway down to see the video. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Kerry Smart (http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2377)

Fats

Bobbyrx
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
For every two volunteer recruits coming from the poorest neighborhoods, there are three recruits coming from the richest neighborhoods, as The Heritage Foundation recently reported. Never mind that 99.9 percent of the enlisted force have at least a high school education. Never mind that 49.2 percent of officers have advanced or professional degrees; 39.4 percent have master's degrees; 8.5 percent have professional degrees; and 1.3 percent have doctorate degrees

wolfdancer
11-01-2006, 02:52 PM
You could have skipped the stats for Officer's, kind of goes without saying that most would hold a degree...it's the grunts that they they are bribing to recruit that the data would be most revelant to.
I just read the report.....and question it (we still have free choice to do that) The Heritage Foundation, has thier own biased viewpoints, and since their analysis goes against the reports from all the newspapers listed....at least one of the groups is fudging the data.
zip codes?????
So your inference then is that the more educated youth, with a better understanding of the longe range planning of the Bush admin, and out of a greater feeling of Patriotism...these are the ones knocking on the recruiter's doors?
And when we win the war and establish this fine new free nation, a beacon of democracy....do you think the rest of the Arab nations, will think this is a good thing....or will we have to bomb them into rethinking?

Bobbyrx
11-01-2006, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> You could have skipped the stats for Officer's, kind of goes without saying that most would hold a degree <font color="blue">Kerry did not differentiate between officers and enlisted, just that if you are not educated you go to Iraq </font color> ...it's the grunts that they they are bribing <font color="blue"> your opinion </font color> to recruit that the data would be most revelant to.
I just read the report.....and question it (we still have free choice to do that) The Heritage Foundation, has thier own biased viewpoints, <font color="blue">Yes you sure do, just as I have a right to question most of the left leaning sources listed on this forum </font color> and since their analysis goes against the reports from all the newspapers listed....at least one of the groups is fudging the data.
zip codes?????
So your inference then is that the more educated youth, with a better understanding of the longe range planning of the Bush admin, and out of a greater feeling of Patriotism...these are the ones knocking on the recruiter's doors? <font color="blue">No just that Kerry is full of it </font color>
And when we win the war and establish this fine new free nation, a beacon of democracy....do you think the rest of the Arab nations, will think this is a good thing <font color="blue">I don't know. It hasn't been tried before. I guess we could just let the U.N. handle it with their sterling record </font color>....or will we have to bomb them into rethinking? <font color="blue"> Libya? </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
11-01-2006, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> So, one remark...was enough for you to make an overall judgment, about somebody.... <hr /></blockquote>

Nope!
But one remark certainly backed up what I already thought of him, his Viet Nam record, his obvious distain of the military in the past. I served in the military during Viet Nam, and I can tell you it was not full of a bunch of uneducated people who didn't do well in school, and couldn't find a job so they got stuck in the military. As hard as it is for some people to believe, there are still people (some of them well educated) who believe that military service is an honorable career decision. They make the choice from a sense of duty, not a sense of desparation.
Steve

pooltchr
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> During the Vietnam war Steve, in case you have forgotten, there was a DRAFT in operation! People were forced to go- unless you had the connections of course. Even then you only? had to do 6 months tour of duty.
<font color="red"> Not everyone in the military at the time was drafted. Personally, I enlisted for a 4 year enlistment. Many of those I served with at that time also volunteered. They were, for the most part, well educated, intelligent young men. </font color>
Just take a look at the list of Americans who have died. I doubt you will find many lobbyists or stockbrokers amongst them. <font color="red"> Take a look at the average age of those who have died. I doubt many of them have had the years required to reach those positions you mentioned. </font color>

Q, I usually read your posts with a chuckle. But when you start posting this kind of garbage about our (UNITED STATES) military, you really pi$$ me off!!! You don't have any idea what motivates Americans to sacrafice whatever is necessary to fight for our country.
If you can show me a DD-214, I might be more inclined to consider your opinion.
Steve

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
11-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Q,I think its time to put Kerry aside,and look at the basis for the Republican agenda,and where they have taken this country. I'm not going to go into a list of the errors, made by Bush,or his lies that took us into a war for oil,instead,I think we should examine the failed borrowing from China, the saber waving we cannot back up...Iran, North Korea,Pakistan,and ask what happened. This was a Country that had a big mouth,and a big stick to back it up. If we were not respected,we were feared,but today we are neither respected,or feared. Next week,when we go to vote,is it going to be a vote to stay the course,or to say war in one country is not a foreign policy,and is the explanation for that war acceptable.

pooltchr
11-02-2006, 05:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Q,I think its time to put Kerry aside,and look at the basis for the Republican agenda,and where they have taken this country. I'm not going to go into a list of the errors, made by Bush,or his lies that took us into a war for oil,instead,I think we should examine the failed borrowing from China, the saber waving we cannot back up...Iran, North Korea,Pakistan,and ask what happened. This was a Country that had a big mouth,and a big stick to back it up. If we were not respected,we were feared,but today we are neither respected,or feared. Next week,when we go to vote,is it going to be a vote to stay the course,or to say war in one country is not a foreign policy,and is the explanation for that war acceptable. <hr /></blockquote>

Typical diversionary tactic. If you don't like the subject, change it! This thread is about JK's attitude toward the military. And it hasn't changed in 30 years!
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Tap Tap Tap...good post, Hondo. You'd think, this bunch of right wing patriots on here would have been more outraged over the information in my recent post about how our service people are being treated, than a botched joke.

The fact is, our recruiters, do target low income areas, and schools that are not at the top score levels.

Also, IMO, the most outrageous anti troop "Joke" was when George Bush, made jokes about looking around in the oval office for WMD's, while our people were dying over his false assertions that they existed in Iraq, when we all now know, they were not there, and loads of people told him they were not likely to be there. Yet, no one was outraged, including Imus, another right wing cowboy, over Bush making a joke over not finding WMD's in Iraq.

But, what else can the Republican spin machine focuss on, other than their usual tactics, spin, slander, and a complete misrepresentation of the facts.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical of the right, though. Notice, nobody minded when Bush said, he doesn't think about bin Laden anymore. Not to mention, that all those of us who exercise our freedom of speech, try to defend our troops by addressing the incompetence of prosecuting Bush's war, are branded as being for the terrorists. This President slanders anyone, and everyone, who reveals the truth, or uses facts which shine a light on his dishonesty, power mongering, and incompetence. War heros, widows of 9/11, people dealing with horrible diseases, no one excapes the republican slander machine, not even one of their own, who was a former prisoner of war. Yet, his sheep, are too busy following him over the cliff, noses firmly planted where the sun don't shine, to make judgements on the existing and future devastating results of his lies and incompetence.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Sorry, but the issue of who voted for the war is certainly a moot point, given that Bush and company, lied to all of us regarding the necessity of going to war in the first place. He lied about that, also, saying that "They saw the same intelligence, that I saw." Just another lie. Nobody saw the same intelligence that he saw, and what they did see, was his cherry picked reasons, which have been proven, many times over, to have been rigged.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
BubbyX I will quote Maureen Dowds Monday column that takes 15 words or less. It concerns Obama not having enuff experience to be President. Those who declaim the need for Obama to have more experience must forgot who is running this country. "It often seems that the most inexperience person Alive is George W Bush--even after six years in Office".####

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Jack,
Once everything that could be said about our troops, has been said, the ultimate fact is that after being grossly taken advantage of, through redeployment after redeployment in Iraq, they're still being slaughtered in kaotic conditions on the ground, and under the incompetent leadership of Donald Rumsfeld, whom George Bush refuses to relieve from duty, even after a virtual honor guard of war heros, Generals, tactical statistitions, Senators and former statesmen have highlighted Rumsfeld's incompetence. That alone, is reason enough, for impeachment.

The right, does not vote on performance, obviously. This administration, gets failing grades, on everything from the economy, corruption, dishonesty, competence, leadership, National Security, protection of our laws, rights and Constitution, and foreign policy. Only the blindest of the blind would vote for less oversight by voting Republican in this election.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
11-02-2006, 08:59 AM
By golly, you're right, Steve. Kerry's Vietnam record pales
in comparison to Bush's.
Forget the 1000's dead &amp; dying in Iraq.
Forget the billions being borrowed from China.
Forget how Exxon &amp; Haliburton are bleeding us.
Forget the scandals.
I just can't vote for a party who has a member
who obviously hates our troops.
It's been so bad for the Republicans that for the
past month there have been no political discussions
on AZBILLIARDS. Now every bush yahoo is on there
screaming about Kerry, praying that maybe his comments
saved the Gops a few seats in the Senate.
And who knows? Never overestimate the intelligence
of the American people.

Bobbyrx
11-02-2006, 09:52 AM
I voted against the apology before I voted for it

Fran Crimi
11-02-2006, 09:59 AM
That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Drop1
11-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah I have to say I'm sorry for bringing up some non kerry issuses on your Hari Kerry thread. There is no question he is now out,and few Democrats,are doing more than token words to attempt to save his pathetic ass. But that dosen't change the situation the U.S. is in.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Kerry wasn't talking about our troops. He was talking about the man stupid enough to make a mess that no one can figure out how to get out of, namely, Georg Bush, former drunk, who wouldn't answer questions about his former drug use.

If the Republicans had anything good to brag about, they wouldn't have to stoop to the low levels they have had to resort to in order to try to paste together more rhetoric, with no policy behind it.

Instead, they had to jump on a non insult to our troops, to avoid any debate over the real issues which Kerry referred to, Goerge Bush's failed policy in Iraq.

Gayle in Md.,

pooltchr
11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
The right, does not vote on performance, obviously. This administration, gets failing grades, on everything from the economy, corruption, dishonesty, competence, leadership, National Security, protection of our laws, rights and Constitution, and foreign policy. Only the blindest of the blind would vote for less oversight by voting Republican in this election.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

You seem to be too busy reading your left wing propaganda to take time to evaluate the individuals. You just lump all Republicans together and trash them all for the actions of a few. If you spent some of the time you waste posting this kind of garbage, and looked at individuals rather than party affiliations, you might be better off. But you seem to prefer the easy way out and just decide if they have a "d" after their name, they must be ok.
Blanket statements like this do little to show where you put any thought into your posts. "I can't stand GW, so I can't stand all Republicans." "I don't care who they are, or who the best candidate is, I'm only voting for Democrats"
Good for you, Gayle.

Bobbyrx
11-02-2006, 04:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Kerry wasn't talking about our troops. He was talking about the man stupid enough to make a mess that no one can figure out how to get out of, namely, Georg Bush, former drunk, who wouldn't answer questions about his former drug use.

<font color="blue">My aren't WE taking the high road. Kerry hung himself. Why are all the Democratic candidates throwing him under the bus if it was just a "botched joke" ?</font color>
Gayle in Md., <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
11-02-2006, 07:04 PM
If all it was was a botched joke, why did it take 3 days of constant pressure before he "apologized"? If it was a true mistake, why didn't he just apologize right away? And is an apology really an apology when it is only offered when pressured to do so?
Enquiring minds want to know!
Steve

DickLeonard
11-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Bobbyrx Please don't use Limbaugh as any reference to anything. He should be doing his show from Jail like the poor unconnected people.####

DickLeonard
11-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Wolfdancer you know Saudia Arabia did a flip when George made that speech about bring Democrazy to the Whole Middle East. Sonny boy had to clarify that statement. He really didn't mean what he said about the whole middle east.####

DickLeonard
11-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Wolfdancer Kerry's remarks could have been aimed at the education or lack of that Georgie received at Yale. Anyone who went to Yale would have to know that children of Parents that contribute to Yale's Endowment Fund are given a free ride. Kicking them out could stop their Parents/Grand Parents/Great and Great/Great/Grand Parents Generosity.####

Gayle in MD
11-03-2006, 07:38 AM
You seem to be too busy reading your left wing propaganda to take time to evaluate the individuals. John Dean from the left? Andrew Sullivan, from the left? David Kuo, from the left? David Corn, from the left? Michael isakoff, from the left? Francis fukuyama, from the left? Paul Galbraith from the left? Hey, I could go on, very easily, and prove to you that I have sutdied the opinions of more people from the right, and read their books, than from the left, William F. Buckley, from the left?... so really, Steve, no way in hell can you accuse me of only studying the opinions fo the left. Further, when I do quote something from the Huffingtonpost, it is a link to a news artical, from somewhere else, not her opinion. You just lump all Republicans together and trash them all for the actions of a few. My comments generally speaking are aimed at the Republicans who are presently running the show, and those who would prefer that they be allowed to continue their unchecked power. I'm sure, there must be "some" decent Republicans in office, but unfortunately, they have yet to stand up for the truth, for our constitution, for our troops, or our laws. If you spent some of the time you waste posting this kind of garbage, and looked at individuals rather than party affiliations, you might be better off. BWA HA HA HA HA....if you spent some time looking at individuals, in the Republican Party, close enough, and did some research, you'd have an overall view, instead of just partisan wishful thinking. But you seem to prefer the easy way out and just decide if they have a "d" after their name, they must be ok. There are actually a number of Democrats that I'm not crazy about. But, many many more Republcians, who actually repulse me, along with their dictatorial religious right wing nuts, as Bush's White House calls them behind their backs.
Blanket statements like this do little to show where you put any thought into your posts. What Blanket statements? I've never witnessed such gross incompetence, destructive, and ilogical policy, and reprehensive obnoxious political tactics in my 61 years. I think that's pretty specific, don't you? Besides, I could make the same charge, your blanket statements, are never accompanied by any expert opinion, from people on the inside of our government agencies, or authors from the right, or the left. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> "I can't stand GW, so I can't stand all Republicans." [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Without using capital letters to scream my answer back to you, I'll say once again, I can't stand Bush's illegal policies, which are hurting this country, and our troops, nor do I think he is a true Christian, but that it was just a necessary tactic, used to clean up his image, in order to get him into the White House. I've seen many people do the same thing, for the same general reasons, it's kind of like going into rehab, then you come out, and all is forgiven. Using money that was supposed to be for the poor, for his campaigns, was about the lowest I've ever heard about any President.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> "I don't care who they are, or who the best candidate is, I'm only voting for Democrats"
Good for you, Gayle. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

When I believe that my country is critically in need of the oversight that our founding fathers meant for us to have, I certainly wouldn't vote for any Republican at this time, regardless of who it might be. I have had enough of Republicans, at this point, to last me a lifetime. Maybe, if they ever get rid of this bunch of corrupt greedy punks, who are leading them at the present, and get back to some reasonable policy, that helps people, instead of destroying lives, I would have a different opinion. Neither Party suits me to a T, that's for sure. However, one party is destroying us.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Atrocities were committed in Vietnam. WE all know, they were. Kerry exercised his right, and spoke out against them. Had I been in his shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing, therefore, I admire him for speaking up. I have many friends who fought in Vietnam. I've heard their stories, and tried to be there for them through their tremendous guilt which they tell me they feel about some of the things our people did overthere. It has happened, once again, in Iraq, atrocities. Personally, I blame the leaders, not the troops, because it is the leaders, whose poor prosecution of wars, put our people into such desparate circumstances that they lose their judgement, and make horrible mistakes. When you are fighting an invisable enemy, you can get desparate enough, to "Kill everything that moves" I suppose, but the tragedy is that that was the order, "Kill anything that moves, man, woman, child cat or dog, if it moves, kill it." It's called war crimes. Those are the facts. You may not like it, but those are the facts, nevertheless.

the rest of your post, does not address the factual information regarding what Kerry said, and whom he spoke of, and no matter how you spin it, the pre-written text of his speech, as it was written beforehand, prves that he was speaking about Bush, period. I can understand, though, how desperate you must be to attempt to twist the truth, along with the rest of your Party. Especially given that you support a President who thinks the Constitution is just a piece of paper, and the number of dead troops, are just a number.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Why should he apologize, and to whom? George Bush? Master of the Swift Boat slander against not one, and not just a Democrat, but slandering one from his own party, who WAS a war hero, and a prisoner of war.

Has George Bush ever apologized for any of his gross mistakes, which have cost many lives? Did he apologize after he made jokes about no WMD's, while people were dying because of his miscalculation, at best, a miscalculation.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
11-03-2006, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should he apologize, and to whom? George Bush? <hr /></blockquote> He should apologize to the troops. He should have very quickly apologized to the troops stating he mis-spoke and screwed up a bad joke.

eg8r

nAz
11-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Kerry just "misspoke" (A word used by politicians to imply they expressed themselves "imperfectly or incorrectly" (Websters) when in reality, they were lying through their teeth) but he should have appologized ASAP!

still it kind of just shows how dissperate the Republicans are since this is the issuse that they hope will save them next week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
11-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Who would he apologize to? Iraq is a quagmire, with no end in sight. GWB hisself has revised his plans from "Mission Accomplished" to we'll leave it for the next President....some two years from now, by my calculations.
If they deposit that $20m earmarked for the victory celebration, into CDs...it might be worth $100m when we pull out.
that leaves us only the educational part of Kerry's quip to discuss.
The Heritage Foundation (where liberal is a curse word) report....says that it is college grads that are enlisting at a higher rate then H.S. dropouts.
And here's a scenario I am forwarding to the Heritage folks to have a little folksy story to help them out.
"So son, now that we have spent $200,000 to help you earn your degree, what are you going to do with it?
"Dad, I'm going to join the Army, be part of an environmental response team...I could be cleaning up oil spills..." Son, that's a great idea, and I'm sure there are lots of oil spills in Iraq. Your Mom and I were wondering what the heck you could do with a degree in history, anyway?"
I've had to revise my thinking about this....maybe the Ghetto youths are making so much $$ selling drugs to the youths from the more afluent areas....that the bonus isn't even tempting....then add in the guys with real degrees in the sciences, technology, engineering....are discovering those jobs have been out-sourced....which group would then enlist???

eg8r
11-03-2006, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
still it kind of just shows how dissperate the Republicans are since this is the issuse that they hope will save them next week. <hr /></blockquote> I am not sure it shows desperation, rather, it just clearly defines the "way of life" for all of D.C. The same thing happens when a Rep says something (mistake or not) the Dem attack machine will go into full effect. It is just the Reps turn right now.

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Ed, you got that right....one line off the top of your head, without thinking of the consequences can ruin a career, or influence an election. And it's not just politicians
Buzzi Bavasi, Jimmy the Greek, to name a couple.
I have my interpretation of the Kerry "gaffe" and it doesn't require he apologize....but many others would disagree...even many republicans....have a good weekend...we'll resume the "debates" on monday.
(Don't enter uninformed....read up from Gayle's recommended book list)...lol

Deeman3
11-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I make a speech or two every few weeks to my team members. Sometimes I don't even have to mis-speak to be mis-quoted. I referred to fork lift drivers as semi-skilled a few weeks ago, using an official DOL term and was later quoted as calling them unskilled. About 60 of these particular operators were very upset with me. Of well, at least i don't have Kerry's audience to worry about.

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
11-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I completely agree with you Jack. Kerry should have stood on his original statement about this thing. IMO, Democrats, should have stood behind his statement, which was something like..."If anybody thinks this statement was directed at the troops, they're nuts."

Just think, what the Dems could have done with this, had they stood behind Kerry. It was their perfect opportunity to reiterate the real statements, made by Bush, that have been totally without any consideration for our troops. I don't think Kerry had any intention to apologize, and as usual, the Dems lost, because they took the bait, yet again. I'm fed up with all of them, but my votes are strictly for oversight, which is IMO, the most important thing lacking these last six years. We owe it to our troops, to see that they are protected from George Bush's ego.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Why do you hate fork-lift operators?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I make a speech or two every few weeks to my team members. Sometimes I don't even have to mis-speak to be mis-quoted. I referred to fork lift drivers as semi-skilled a few weeks ago, using an official DOL term and was later quoted as calling them unskilled. About 60 of these particular operators were very upset with me. Of well, at least i don't have Kerry's audience to worry about.

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Why do you hate fork-lift operators?

<font color="blue"> I really don't know....I suppose it began with all that hate build-up over the years, perhaps I was not loved as a child, or maybe the forks sticking out on those machines have some sort of homo erotic impact on me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are now mad that i am making them wear seatbelts, a sure sign of love to the left...I'm just trying to protect them from themselves, I guess...... </font color>

We are scheduled for a group hug at 2;00 p.m. tomorrow.

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>