PDA

View Full Version : Accu Stats

07-17-2002, 07:09 AM
Someone gave me the accustat book the other day. And there are so many matches to choose from I'm stumped. All I know is that the individual who gave me the book says, these tapes will do more for your game than the three sticks you have.

OK here is the question. For the purpose of learning how the pros play and think and plan, can someone recommend three eightball tapes one straight pool tape and one nine ball tape please.

PoolFan
07-17-2002, 07:44 AM
I can't really help you with the Eight Ball videos. Accu-Stats is limited with their Eight Ball selection. They mostly have 9-ball and a lot of Straight Pool and One-Pocket.

Here are some of my Accu-Stats favorite that come to mind, but there are many, many more that I would recommend

Sands Regency 21 - Finals: Reyes vs. Strickland, hill-hill amazing match, should not be missed

Sands Regency 20 - Martinez vs. Varner and Archer, awsome play, all players shooting at 900 pace

US Open 9-ball 1989 - I believe that's the year, call Accu-Stats for the famous Varner vs. Sigel match. Varner is down 9-2 and corner hooked, runs out and continues to win to bring the set hill-hill. Greatest come-from-behind win.

US Open 14.1 1992 - Sigel vs Zuglan: Best recorded 150 & Out in Sigel's first inning. Only gets out of line 2 or 3 times. He plays straight pool as perfect as can be.

You can not go wrong with Accu-Stats. They are as instructional as they are entertaining. The commentary is second to none. If you want to learn what the pro's do and think, listen to Matthews, Incardona, Varner, Hall, etc comment on player's situations.

I can not praise Accu-Stats enough for what they have done for pool. They are the most unsung heros of this sport.

Enjoy,
PoolFan - Greatest Accu-Stats Fan there is

Lester
07-17-2002, 07:49 AM
Another great tape is the 14.1 match between "King" James Rempe and "Ginky" George San Souci. The commentary was recorded by Rempe after the match, and he explains his shot selection, and what he was thinking in each situation. An amazing tape. JMHO ***Lester***

07-17-2002, 07:49 AM
I cannot help you with an eightball tape, but I have well over 50 straight pool and nineball tapes (and one pocket).

For straight pool my personal favorites are........

1995 Maine event efren v Jimmy rempe

2000 New York event Rempe v Ortmann
Rempe v. Ginky (player review with lots of great advice from jimmy)

Soquet v efren semifinal
Sigel v Varner (great commentary with Jose Garcia

9 Ball- so many to choose from

Player Reviews (my favorite) 1997 US Open Archer v. Morro
1998 US Open - Garcia v Robles
1992 US open Incardona v Ellin
1994 sands Grady v Hall

Other 9 ball tapes that are great

2001 Masters Soquet v efren
1994 us open efren v cj wiley with archer doing the commentary

Good luck.

Zach

Rich R.
07-17-2002, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> Another great tape is the 14.1 match between "King" James Rempe and "Ginky" George San Souci. The commentary was recorded by Rempe after the match, and he explains his shot selection, and what he was thinking in each situation. An amazing tape. JMHO ***Lester*** <hr></blockquote>
This tape is great. Rempe lets you get inside his thought process as he works his way through the racks.
Thanks again Lester.
Rich R.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-17-2002, 08:03 AM
Straight Pool:

1. Jim Rempe vs. George SanSouci from the 2000 tourney(Rempe reviews the match on tape)

2. Ralf Soquet's semi-final match from the same tourney. He's so deep in the zone it's scary.
---------------------------------------
8-ball:

2002 Roger Griffis vs. Mika Immonen. Anything with Griffis from that tourney is good.

1996 Jimmy Wetch vs. Efren Reyes