PDA

View Full Version : bca ref opinion help

houstondan
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
guy has this green slippy thing...kinda like a soda-straw wrapper like we used to shoot at the ceiling...and the local bca ref says ILLEGAL.

izzat true?

my case is that is it within the purpose as intended since it's built and sold to do exactly that but i'm told this little thin piece of plastic is an "illegal bridge".

help

dan

Bob_Jewett
10-31-2006, 09:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr> guy has this green slippy thing...... <hr /></blockquote>
I can't fully understand what you are describing. I assume you mean to say the player is sliding a slippery sleeve over the shaft and shooting with his bridge-hand fingers touching the sleeve and the shaft only touching the inside of the sleeve.

Similar things have been in use for at least 40 years. I'd let it pass if I were the referee, especially if it was available at low cost to anyone who wanted to use one.

houstondan
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
exactly as i would have expected but:

the local bca ref is saying that BCA has opined that it is an illegal bridge. i don't know who "BCA" is any more. i know it's a "skyhook" for my guy but still, it fits "purpose intended" and it should be ok. and yes, it's cheap and available.

dan...anybody? anything out there on this?