PDA

View Full Version : Who said wrote read believed did this???

cushioncrawler
10-31-2006, 11:39 PM
"....It belongs to the genius of a great political leader to make even adversaries far removed from one another seem to belong to single category, because in weak and uncertain characters the knowledge of having different enemies can only too readily lead to the beginning of doubt in their own right. Once the wavering mass sees itself in a struggle against too many enemies, objectivity will put in an appearance, throwing open the question whether all others are really wrong and only their own movement are in the right. And this brings about the first paralysis of their own power. Hence a multiplicity of different adversaries must always be combined so that in the eyes of one's own supporters the struggle is directed against only one enemy... "

Was it -- Schicklegrubber or Dzhugashvili or Zedong or Marx or Dubya ????

DickLeonard
11-01-2006, 06:34 AM
MadMack what do I get for answering the question correctly.####

FatsRedux
11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cushioncrawler:</font><hr> "....It belongs to the genius of a great political leader to make even adversaries far removed from one another seem to belong to single category, because in weak and uncertain characters the knowledge of having different enemies can only too readily lead to the beginning of doubt in their own right. Once the wavering mass sees itself in a struggle against too many enemies, objectivity will put in an appearance, throwing open the question whether all others are really wrong and only their own movement are in the right. And this brings about the first paralysis of their own power. Hence a multiplicity of different adversaries must always be combined so that in the eyes of one's own supporters the struggle is directed against only one enemy... "

Was it -- Schicklegrubber or Dzhugashvili or Zedong or Marx or Dubya ????
<hr /></blockquote>

Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf"

Fats

Chopstick
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
All this proves is that politicians talk alike no matter what party they are in.

cushioncrawler
11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> All this proves is that politicians talk alike no matter what party they are in.<hr /></blockquote>
Chopfatdick -- yes, it was adolf and mein kampf -- yes, they sound alike (perhaps marx excluded) -- in fact it could have been OBL. I didnt mean to be too serious here -- but i was googling "wiki quotes" from adolf and joseph and mao and others and yes much of what they (and anne coulter) said is very alike. I add here a few quotes, mostly of a god-nature, mostly adolf's.

I have talked to my Japanese friends. They said, 'We are sorry, the Imperial Japanese army invaded China.' I told them, 'No! If your Imperial army did not occupy half of China, the people of China would not have united against you, and the Chinese Communist Party will not be in power today.' (mao)

On the Correct Handling of Contradiction (1957) (mao).
Don't think about it. If you don't think about it, you won't sink. If you do, you will.

The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls. … We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity … in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people.

Let us pray in this hour that nothing can divide us, and that God will help us against the Devil! Almighty Lord, bless our fight!

The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life.

Today Christians … stand at the head of [this country] … I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit … We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press—in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past … [few] years.

As Fuehrer of the German people and Chancellor of the Reich, I can thank God at this moment that he has so wonderfully blessed us in our hard struggle for what is our right, and beg Him that we and all other nations may find the right way, so that not only the German people but all Europe may once more be granted the blessing of peace.

What we have to fight for … is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.

Any violence which does not spring from a spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain. It lacks the stability which can only rest in a fanatical outlook.