PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back again!

Cane
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, after another month of absence, I'm back again. Relationship smoked, then computer smoked, then monitor smoked, then laptop crashed... then someone wet my my tip in the middle of a match, so I just bailed out for awhile! LOL

Actually, been very busy, getting home site cleared off and playing pool. Seems like all I do is cut trees and shoot shots, but it beats the devil out of working. At least now I have the computer to occupy time when I'm not in a tourney or clearing trees and rocks!

Hope everyone has been doing great, and I'm glad to be back among the living!

Later,
Bob

pooltchr
11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Welcome back! Hope you are feeling better. (I still don't believe your little mis-step wasn't alcohol related...but that's neither here nor there)
Missed you in Charlotte last week. We had two great classes with Randy, Scott, John and myself. Hope you can make it next year!
Steve

dg-in-centralpa
11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Welcome Back!

DG

Rich R.
11-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Welcome back Bob. I hope you are doing well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dr_dave
11-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Bob,

I hope you're back to stay this time. We missed you.

Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Well, after another month of absence, I'm back again. Relationship smoked, then computer smoked, then monitor smoked, then laptop crashed... then someone wet my my tip in the middle of a match, so I just bailed out for awhile! LOL

Actually, been very busy, getting home site cleared off and playing pool. Seems like all I do is cut trees and shoot shots, but it beats the devil out of working. At least now I have the computer to occupy time when I'm not in a tourney or clearing trees and rocks!

Hope everyone has been doing great, and I'm glad to be back among the living!

Later,
Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Cane
11-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks, everyone...

Yeah, I missed going to Charlotte, but with the arm and the ribs, I had a hard time just driving to the grocery store, much less a 1800 mile round trip to Charlotte.

For those that don't know, I was cleaning out my motorhome and, with a box of trash in my arms, stepped out the door to the retractable step, which I later remembered that I had turned off! Cracked both bones in my left forearm and broke some ribs. hmmmmm... another day in the life... LOL

In any case, I hope I'm back to stay. Email isn't working for some reason, so any emails, for now, need to be sent to tyme4fish@yahoo.com. Should be able to get my email back up and running at the old addy by the middle of the week, but dealing with the only ISP in a market of 8000 people is a little slower than you might expect. I'm one of only 50 or so customers that have WABIT with them... other than that, they're just barely past the tin can and string stage here in Eastern Oklahoma!

On the good side, since I've been offline, I got 17-24th at the BCA 9Ball Open in Louisville. Should have done much better. Absolutely steamrolled my bracket at the beginning, in which I was the only non-"Master" or "Grand Master". Did great until late in the day. Had this match with Paul Bramwell from Lake Worth, FL and had him down 6-2 going to 9 and all of a sudden my 50 year old, out of shape wheels fell off! I lost the set 9-6. Let him get 7 straight games... and I do mean let him get them. Don't get me wrong, Paul is a great guy and an excellent poolplayer but I just plain lost my energy and edge and lost the match. I had plenty of oppurtunities to pick up the last three games and move on in the winners side, but just let them slip through my fingers. I just wasn't in quite the physical condition I thought I was. I had been on a diet, but not excercise, program, and had lost from 285 to 255, however, I was still overweight and certainly out of shape. Since then, I've lost down to 220 pounds (actually bounce back and forth between 218 and 222) and am walking quite a lot daily, along with clearing off land for my homesite, so I'm in MUCH better physical condition... If the same thing happens again, it will be a mental issue, not a conditioning issue.

Well, so much for the short note of thanks I was going to type in here! LOL

Later,
Bob

nAz
11-04-2006, 04:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Relationship smoked,
<hr /></blockquote>

damn women can't live with em can't kill em!

I to am glad your back, miss your sage advice... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ok so who else is missing?

Stretch
11-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Starved off 30 pounds, broken arm, cracked ribs, out of shape, personal crises. Escuses escuses. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fall down 7 times get up 8. Welcome back Cane, now is just the biginning and i personaly am happy your posting and keeping in touch. Your one of the good guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St. &lt;&lt; member in good standing of the startin all over club &gt;&gt;

Qtec
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, after another month of absence, I'm back again. <hr /></blockquote>

Welcome back Cane. let me bring you up to date! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the CCB, Dr Dave trimme his beard. The IPT is down the tubes. Elbow drop.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats it.

On the NPF.......well...........!

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-05-2006, 03:41 PM
"I was cleaning out my motorhome and, with a box of trash in my arms, stepped out the door to the retractable step, which I later remembered that I had turned off! Cracked both bones in my left forearm and broke some ribs."

You know the TX and OK code Bob...if there wasn't a whiskey jug or beer can in the fall, it was all your fault! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Glad you didn't do more damage. I'd say that tomorrow will be a better day, but that always jinks me so I won't...sid

SPetty
11-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Ouch!

Don't forget that I live with a man that owns a sawmill, if you've got any trees with wood that you want to keep...