PDA

View Full Version : Pearls of wisdom

wolfdancer
11-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Buried on page 5 of the local rag....Richard Perle..."the intellectual Godfather of the invasion"...now says it was a mistake, AND he holds President Bush responsible for failing to make timely decisions to stem the rising violence.
Perle, a leading neoconservative thinker chaired the Pentagon's advisory board for the admin's first three years.
Gee, a leading ....neo....sounds like another Republican against Bush..He also wrote that GWB was unaware of the extent of the opposition within his own admin....and the disloyalty....

JPB
11-04-2006, 04:13 PM
The story is pretty damning of the administration, but it is a little more involved than you portray. I think the full article is set for the december vanity fair. Several neocons interviewed and essentially say the administration botched the plan and is incompetent. Worth a read, oversimplifying it takes away from the message though. Note that the neocons don't necessarily say we should not have sdone it, rather they say we should not have done it badly. At least some say doing it badly is worse than not doing it.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2006, 07:57 AM
You are correct to say that Pearle does not say we should not have done it, however, he is saying that had he known how incompetent Bush and Company would be, he would never have supported their occupation in Iraq. There are, though, many neocons who are saying that we should not have occupied Iraq, at all, and the damning facts are that the horrible devastating results, were accurately predicted in advance, but not heeded by this administration.

I thought it was interesting that Cheney, and Bush, made it clear over the weekend, that there would be no change in course, Rumsfeld will stay on, and '"stay the course," is still their plan. Gee, I thought they had just said that Bush never said 'Stay The Course'??? Wonder why they haven't been flying THAT banner, at their political appearances?

Gayle in Md.