PDA

View Full Version : Restore Rosatto Barry table???

rosatto_barry
11-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Hello,

I just found this site and was hoping to get some help. We recently purchased a home built in the 1930's with a dedicated billiard room in the basement. The table is a "Rosatto-Barry, 222 8th South Street, Philadelphia, PA ACME bumpers". It is 9 feet long and has 2 inch thick slate. I finally got around to researching some last night, and it looks very similar to the "Regina" of the era by Brunswick. There must have been some water damage in the basement at some point, so there is no veneer left on the table. I suspect it lifted and was probably all peeled off (!). The remaining wood underneath looks like quarter-sawn oak.

We plan on renovating the room in the future. I'm a big fan of originality, and would favor restoring the table. Is it worth restoring, or better off going ahead and buying a restored one? Obviously, I have no idea of the cost involved, and would appreciate some input from members. I could post some pics.

Thanks you for your time and interest.

Pizza Bob
11-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Unless you intend to undertake the restoration yourself, there are three places that I'd recommend. The closest being Blatt Billiards in NYC. Mueller's also does restorations - check their website. And Newell & Company in Clay Center, Kansas (talk to Joe Newell). Good luck with your project - it will be expen$ive.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

bbuss
11-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I have a 9' Rosatto Barry table built around 1900 + -.
The table was in storage for around 18 years.
When I went to put it together I found that some of the hardware was mission such as the rail bolts.
It took about 6 months to find them.
I went to Lanza Billiards who told me his grandfather bought the company in the 50s.
Give him a call.

Lanza Billiards
Magnolia, NJ 08049
856-346-0384
800-290-pool
www.lanzabilliards.com (http://www.lanzabilliards.com)

bbuss