PDA

View Full Version : Haggard

Stretch
11-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Awwwww, yet another christian right wing bites the dust. How many is that now? Bushies buddies aren't very descrete are they. So he pays for a message from a gay excort, buys ampheamines from him but hey, he dosn't have sex and he throws the drugs away. Uh-huh (rolls eyes icon).

Darn and buddy Bush was counting on him to deliver millions of votes from the christian right. Oh well, I'm sure yet another bible thumping, moraly depraved, drug addict will arrise to cyphone mega bucks off the bible belt sheep. Guess it's back to election rigging to save the republicans. St.

Fran Crimi
11-05-2006, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bushies buddies aren't very descrete are they <hr /></blockquote>

Wow. I always thought you had more class than that, Stretch. I'm truly sorry to see this kind of nasty sarcasm from you.

Fran

reggie182
11-05-2006, 10:53 AM
What a tacky comment. It's so flawed I hardly know where to begin. You think the entire evangelical community in this nation is discredited because of Haggard? I'd never even heard of the guy until a few days ago.

By the way, it is spelled "discrete"

Stretch
11-05-2006, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Wow. I always thought you had more class than that, Stretch. I'm truly sorry to see this kind of nasty sarcasm from you.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Fran but i have no class when it comes to hypocrit millionair church leaders with political connections. I used to be very religious myself, but lost faith in organised religion when i saw how "political" it was. Best move i ever made as far a saveing wut little real spirituality i had left. So Millions hold this guy up as some kind of Moral Authority or something? How scary is that! St.

Qtec
11-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I didn't find your post sarcastic at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I didn't get the impression that you were joking. As far as I know[ admittedly that's not much /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif] you were pretty accurate in your summary.

What I want to know is, when is Rick Santorum going to come out of the closet! LOL I have my doubts abaout that guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
11-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Haggard confesses to 'lifelong' sexual problem
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/05/haggard.allegations/index.html

Stretch yep another one does bite the dust, makes one wonder how many more of these hippercrats(sp) are running around out there.

not sure how close this guy was to the WH but I'm sure he did all he could to get out the vote for Bush and the Republican party, now of course that is not a crime but it is so strange that all these "men of god" and politicians of God have all fallen. I'm surprised the lord has not smitten them yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
11-05-2006, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Fran but i have no class when it comes to hypocrit millionair church leaders with political connections. I used to be very religious myself, but lost faith in organised religion when i saw how "political" it was. Best move i ever made as far a saveing wut little real spirituality i had left. So Millions hold this guy up as some kind of Moral Authority or something? How scary is that! St. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, I couldn't agree with you more, but don't include everyone in that mix. There are still really decent people out there who don't deserve to be lumped in with those cons. I just hate to see you turn into one of those horrible hate mongers. If you're spiritual, you know what I mean about those poor souls who are so obsessed with their own hatred that they walk around with a black cloud over their heads. That ain't you, Stretch.

Fran

Stretch
11-06-2006, 12:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Fran but i have no class when it comes to hypocrit millionair church leaders with political connections. I used to be very religious myself, but lost faith in organised religion when i saw how "political" it was. Best move i ever made as far a saveing wut little real spirituality i had left. So Millions hold this guy up as some kind of Moral Authority or something? How scary is that! St. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, I couldn't agree with you more, but don't include everyone in that mix. There are still really decent people out there who don't deserve to be lumped in with those cons. I just hate to see you turn into one of those horrible hate mongers. If you're spiritual, you know what I mean about those poor souls who are so obsessed with their own hatred that they walk around with a black cloud over their heads. That ain't you, Stretch.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to have disappointed you Fran. Admittedly It was a senseless post. St.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Senseless? How so? You were right on, IMO. He's a hypocrit, not just the average hypocrit, but a hypocrit who basically embezzles money from the people he fools, by lying to them about whom he really is, and what his intentions are. Sounds like exactly what Bush did to me, when he told this country that he was against big spending, for small Government, and was not in the business of Nation Building, and all along, he had intentions of invading Iraq, expanding government, and grabbing power way beyond what our Constitution lays out, which he has failed to protect, BTW, as he swore he would, with his Christian hand on the Bible, yet! How much money did he get from his supporters, while he was lying about whom he really was. These, lying Evangelicals, are just as bad, if not worse, IMO. Calling a spade a spade, is far from hatred. And, being repulsed by these pompus Evangelicals, and Born Again types like Bush, is perfectly appropriate, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
11-06-2006, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
now of course that is not a crime but it is so strange that all these "men of god" and politicians of God have all fallen. <hr /></blockquote> This should not be sooo surprising, the Bible does say, "For all have sinned".

eg8r

Fran Crimi
11-06-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm sorry too, Stretch. I could have worded my comment to you better. It's not so much that I was disappointed in you, it's that I was disappointed FOR you, because this NPR side has become a hotbed of hate. It's easy to get caught up in it. I think of you as my real brother. That's probably not a good thing for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Stretch
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Gayle, senseless in that it was a bit gratuitous given the Man already fessed up, got busted, reputation shot, bon fini /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not into kicking a man when he's down to then shoot off. There's enough of that here already. My Momma used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" lol ........ times were a lot simpler then. St.

Stretch
11-06-2006, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I'm sorry too, Stretch. I could have worded my comment to you better. It's not so much that I was disappointed in you, it's that I was disappointed FOR you, because this NPR side has become a hotbed of hate. It's easy to get caught up in it. I think of you as my real brother. That's probably not a good thing for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Fran you know i luvs ya. Your the Spirit in my game. I know you know i'm out of my place here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Hugz Sis. St.

hondo
11-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I didn't find it senseless, but I'm just glad you weren't talking about one of my heroes, Merle Haggard.
Everybody with ANY SENSE knows these high profile,
hate-spewing Religious Right fanatics that GW so admires
are hypocrites. Nothing worse than screaming out against
gays while you're getting your wing wanger serviced by some
guy.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to have disappointed you Fran. Admittedly It was a senseless post. St. <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
11-06-2006, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I didn't find it senseless, but I'm just glad you weren't talking about one of my heroes, Merle Haggard. <font color="blue"> You don't have top call me Darlin', Darlin' </font color>
are hypocrites. <font color="blue"> I agree. Once a preacher has to go on TV to be heard, he has gotten too much attention and seems to serve himself rather than his God. </font color> Nothing worse than screaming out against
guy.
<font color="blue"> Yes, gay and a hypocrit, two strikes against him. One step away from child molestation. His drug of choice however, was just as bad. You'd think he would do like everyone else and climb the proper drug ladder, cigarettes, alcohol, weed, coke, hash, then heroin or crack....

While I am a believer in God, i don't put much faith in the official messengers he seems to pick or that ordain themselves. It seems a pattern has developed from Tammy Faye, to Jimmy Swagart, to many others....A very high percentage of Priests are gay and not only gay but child molesters. Is it telling that most serial killers are gay as well or is it just that they have no outlet for their frustration in our overbearing sexually repressive society? Homophobia? Naw, hell, if I could be gay, I'd have twice as many choices but Tori says I don't even have enough energy to be a fair challenge as a straight guy.... </font color>

DeeMan
maybe if she's let me change ducks every now and then.....

nAz
11-06-2006, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Homophobia? Naw, hell, if I could be gay, I'd have twice as many choices </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

you would double your wardrobe too.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I'll say...times were simpler then.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifPeople once had a right to voice their political opinions. There was a time, when doing so, was not immediately labeled Hate by people who can't abide opinions which do not coincide with their own. These days, unless you have been brain washed by the current administration, if you dare express an opinion, well founded or not, you're accused of being hateful. Funny, but it's always the same people on here who continuously write the word... hate....what does that tell you?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-06-2006, 04:41 PM
While not challenging your opinions, I did Google to do a little research of my own:
Google.."Percentage of Gay Priests" returned this
web page (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm)
And that is in line with your own views.
I think the real problem is that "vow of chasity" that the Catholic Church demands from it's priests. Perhaps in the near future as GWB's abstinence even until your late 20's program catches on, and becomes a way of life...it will rid us of this focus on sex among our young adults, and replace it with good right wing wholesome values....praise Jesus!!!
And from this group, we will get Catholic Priests that can keep these vows...imagine that, GWB saving the Catholic Church...whodda thought?
Google.."Percentage of serial killers that are gay"
and you get an equally affirming voice from Paul Cameron.
web page (http://www.familyresearchinst.org/NewRepublic100394_pietrzyk.html)

Another site though places the percentage at 5%, and a third at 2%.
Of course the other studies did not use Mr. Cameron's unique methodology.
web page (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/patrick_kearney/7.html)
Personally, I've alway thought the highest % of child molestors were Grandfathers, and them overly friendly Uncles.
My last Google research..."percentage of Right-wing Republican Christian leaders, that publicly preached against homosexuals, praying for God's wrath upon them.... while privately preying on young men...." returned too many "hits" to list here

Qtec
11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Homophobia? Naw, hell, if I could be gay, I'd have twice as many choices </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

you would double your wardrobe too. <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

hondo
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Dee, everything you said was right but you were quoting
David Allan Coe ( actually Steve Goodman wrote it) and
not Merle Haggard.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I didn't find it senseless, but I'm just glad you weren't talking about one of my heroes, Merle Haggard. <font color="blue"> You don't have top call me Darlin', Darlin' </font color>
are hypocrites. <font color="blue"> I agree. Once a preacher has to go on TV to be heard, he has gotten too much attention and seems to serve himself rather than his God. </font color> Nothing worse than screaming out against
guy.
<font color="blue"> Yes, gay and a hypocrit, two strikes against him. One step away from child molestation. His drug of choice however, was just as bad. You'd think he would do like everyone else and climb the proper drug ladder, cigarettes, alcohol, weed, coke, hash, then heroin or crack....

While I am a believer in God, i don't put much faith in the official messengers he seems to pick or that ordain themselves. It seems a pattern has developed from Tammy Faye, to Jimmy Swagart, to many others....A very high percentage of Priests are gay and not only gay but child molesters. Is it telling that most serial killers are gay as well or is it just that they have no outlet for their frustration in our overbearing sexually repressive society? Homophobia? Naw, hell, if I could be gay, I'd have twice as many choices but Tori says I don't even have enough energy to be a fair challenge as a straight guy.... </font color>

DeeMan
maybe if she's let me change ducks every now and then..... <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Hondo,

My mistake but still a hell of a singer....

DeeMan

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I think the real problem is that "vow of chasity" that the Catholic Church demands from it's priests. <font color="blue"> Whle I would never question your thoughts on this, I would have to say that I don't hear of a lot of abstinent nuns copping feels on alterboys or chasing Catholic girls around. </font color> Perhaps in the near future as GWB's abstinence even until your late 20's program catches on, and becomes a way of life...it will rid us of this focus on sex among our young adults, and replace it with good right wing wholesome values. <font color="blue"> </font color> While not practical in a new world order of the Left, there is nothing wrong with absitnence until you are married. Are you saying it is more acceptable to engage in homosexual sex than remain abstinence by choice. I don't think a few well placed government recommendations will effect most who would not remain abstinate anyway....praise Jesus!!! <font color="blue"> Glad you give proper credit. </font color> <font color="blue"> I did not know GWB had advocated waiting until your late 20's to have sex, although I am aware a few government programs have said this. </font color>
And from this group, we will get Catholic Priests that can keep these vows...imagine that, GWB saving the Catholic Church...whodda thought? <font color="blue"> If your thoughts are right, you seem to be saying that a priest would not be able to satisfy these wild homosexual desires so he naturally turns to young boys? That sounds like you are saying gays have a tendency to abuse youngsters if not allowed a "normal" front to back relationship. That might be judging the gays a little harshly but I can live with that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>
Google.."Percentage of serial killers that are gay"
and you get an equally affirming voice from Paul Cameron.
web page (http://www.familyresearchinst.org/NewRepublic100394_pietrzyk.html) <font color="blue"> I don't think we have to look to Dr. Cameron's studies to make this leap as there are probably less than 200 serial killers who are known. If my long term memory has not completely failed me, then a very high percentage of serial killers are identified as gay or bi-sexual. Perhaps it's just a right wing media ploy or just chance that majority of high profile serial killers are identified this way. </font color>

Another site though places the percentage at 5%, and a third at 2%. <font color="blue"> If you seriouly beleive that only 2% to 5% of them are gay, then we are probably not going to have a productive discussion on this. Unless, of course, the right just hides that vast majority of Heteros.... </font color>
Of course the other studies did not use Mr. Cameron's unique methodology.
web page (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/patrick_kearney/7.html)
Personally, I've alway thought the highest % of child molestors were Grandfathers, and them overly friendly Uncles. <font color="blue"> May be....my oldest daughter told me years later she was "uncomfortable" around her mother's father. When asked why she did not say anything she said he was able to avoid him and was not wanting me to serve time for settleing the issue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif</font color>
My last Google research..."percentage of Right-wing Republican Christian leaders, that publicly preached against homosexuals, praying for God's wrath upon them.... while privately preying on young men...." returned too many "hits" to list here <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> Probably....I am sure all Christian leaders are this way, if you say so. I would hope not but don't have data to challenge you as my search engine must not have the advanced power of yours.I trust you on this one....</font color>

DeeMan

wolfdancer
11-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I think you have added your own interpretations to my post. I also think that Alabamians and Texans, would be the last groups that one would want to discuss the complex issues of both sex and sexuality with.
Here's a take on the subject more in line with your own beliefs:
web page (http://www.icebase.com/go.shtml?20061107131508146894&amp;m6464&amp;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6rSjrBhUIA&amp;mode=related&amp;search=)