PDA

View Full Version : Aramith Super Pro Balls

stillanoid
11-05-2006, 08:43 AM
How long should a set of Aramith Super Pro balls last? I have had my set for almost 10 years now and they don't seem to be holding up well. They sat unused for several years in storage while I had to wait until I had a house big enough for my pool table and the room was not climate controlled.

All of the balls have white spots on them that look like dried condensation and even a commercial ball polisher did not remove these spots. The cue ball seems to be dead, getting very little action on draw shots. I have new Simonis cloth which I keep clean and new rails on the table so the balls are the only thing I can think of which could be causing poor play on my table at home.

Thanks for any input!

maddogvinnie
11-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I have a friend who has a table in a barn which is not sealed up well and his set which is only a year old has those white spots on the balls as well. It must be humudity that forms on the balls, sits there and stains them like when you leave a drink glass on a table. If a ball cleaner polisher won't take them off then I guess you need to buy a new set. Get the pro cup measeles multiple red dot cue ball, you will like it. Its a good lesson for others to know about which is they need to be in a stable temperature and wiped down now and then.