PDA

View Full Version : Im such a newb..Could anybody help me?

PoolFanatic
11-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Hello, I'm kinda new to pool and I was just wondering on which cue I shld get for the best performance..okie im nt that new to be getting my own cue but cost should not be a problem cause Im being sponsored.However, the problem is that I am living in Singapore now so I do not have a very wide selection but there is the option of ordering one online and my cuz in wash could help me take care of that.Any suggestions? Another question is that im wondering if u people can give me the link for some pool forums cause I have been having a hard time finding them.Last but not least, im trying to subscribe to some pool mags but Im not sure which one's are good cause u cannot find any in Singapore...Hope u guys will help me out /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif thx!

Cane
11-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Pool Fanatic, There are many good usable Production Cues in the world. If you're truly new to pool, just get something that you're comfortable with that has a good quality shaft, ferrule and tip. Don't be concerned with inlays and such at this time, just get something you feel comfortable with. My first cue was a used Brunswick that an older gent gave me... one piece and I could carry it across the handle bars on my bicycle when I went to play. I think the first quality two piece cue I had was a plain jane viking... definitely nothing fancy or striking, it just hit decent. Well, here we are decades later and the case I carry contains about $7000 worth of cues (that's my shooting cue and my break cue and the case), but I could still run a rack with that old one piece Brunswick cue I had 40 years ago... The big bucks cues don't make you a better player, they just make you a prettier player! So find some cues locally that you can hit a few balls with and go with the one that feels more right to you. You can always move up from there if you want to spend more money, but how comfortable you are with the cue is the number one concern.

Later,
Bob

PoolFanatic
11-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Hmm..Thx dude..well I have been playing pool for about 1yr now but I just got serious recently and I already have my own Lucasi. I feel that I am not comfortable with it and so Im looking for a new cue.I was thinking of a predator..but im not sure if it is that nice to play with. I have tried one of my friend predator and I find it comfortable to play with..I play pool for not to look pretty! In fact I have been asked to try out for the national team but due to studies I will not do so currently. However I have been constantly practicing and have been improving my game greatly..Once again I find my current cue uncomfortable to play with..Is there any predator cues that you would recommend?

Rich R.
11-06-2006, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFanatic:</font><hr> I was thinking of a predator..but im not sure if it is that nice to play with. I have tried one of my friend predator and I find it comfortable to play with..<hr /></blockquote>You will find that most people either love or hate Predator shafts/cues. If you like your friend's, it may be for you. However, I highly recommend that you take Cane's advise and try some other cues and find what feels best to you.