PDA

View Full Version : Sadness in Alabama

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 09:45 AM
DeeWoman and I went to a local tournament last night. We left a little before midnight during a downpour and she left her cue stick case with two cues standing alongsode the car. They are probably lost forever. First in the tournament paid $120, so minus the $400 for the two cues and case, I had a $280 loss for the night of work.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had been struggling until a few weeks ago with a pinched neck and had, after many weeks of physical therapy, regained comfortable use of my game. When we arrived home, I got my case out of the back seat and while closing the door stepped into a large hole one of her worthless dogs ahd dug next to the driveway. I twisted my ankle, brused my hip and strained my neck, in the exact same place I have just recovered from. It was not a very pleasant evening at the DeeMan mansion.....I may just give up this game, again.....

DeeMan
thank God she was not carrying my case out of the pool hall....

wolfdancer
11-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Hope you do get the cues & cases back...that pinched nerve though, inflaming it again...I guess that will take some time to "heal" Sounds painful...hope you are a fast healer.
$120 ???....in Alabama????? I didn't know there was that much money in the whole state.
Shoot, now you'll have a whole bunch of former IPT players down there next week.

nAz
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey congratulations on your win! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry about couldn't help it, maybe your cues will turn up. i know if i found cue i would try to return it. it's just the Liberal inside me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DickLeonard
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Deeman maybe there is an honest Christian in Alabama. Just pray to God he found the cues. Don't give up hope yet. I would worry more about the cue getting damaged by the rain.####

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman maybe there is an honest Christian in Alabama. Just pray to God he found the cues. Don't give up hope yet. I would worry more about the cue getting damaged by the rain.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Dick,

While there are tons of honest Christians in Alabama, I don't remember many of them at any recent tournaments. I am hoping someone we know picked them up. They won't get wet as they are in a custom DeeMan Holy Water resistant case. You'll have to ask Spiderman and SPetty about these. They are also not collector cues as DeeWoman is happy with some middle range production cues and could not tell a good hitting cue from an orgasm. However, I am doomed to hearing that all too painful whine of, "Nothing hits like my cue that I lost back in 2006", for the next 20 friggin' years!!!!

I have not yet understood the deep relationship that can develop between a person that can't run 10 balls and a cue stick. Sorry, but I can't understand the relationship between a couple of large dogs who do nothing but consume food, dig holes and use up veternary services at a rapid clip as well and me. I can only hope Tori will lose some of her recent religous fervor and become a cold and dark hearted athethist so I can dispatch the dogs with a clear conscience, knowing that they are only animals with no spirit and, therefore, their existance is temporal and of no value.</font color>

Otherwise, I just want to get some sleep tonight.....No, pool, no dogs, just Codiene and safe and restful, sleep, sleep, sleep....

DeeMan
Thanks to all for your concern....

11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
It's a frightful run of luck, Dee, but you can't give up the game. Would Dee Fondy have quit baseball because he got hit somewhere nasty with a pitch? Best, GF

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 12:20 PM
GF,

Naw, It was an idle threat. I can't give this damn game up any more then you can. Glad you still remember my namesake. I'm pretty sure he got hit more than a few times.

Regards,

DeeMan

9 Ball Girl
11-07-2006, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>i know if i found cue i would try to return it.<hr /></blockquote>&lt;cough&gt; &lt;cough&gt; yeah right &lt;cough&gt;

Sid_Vicious
11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Dee...was there any personal identification at all on, or in, the case. I'm like naz, if I found it, or just about anything short of a winning lottery ticket...I'd be happy to seek out and return the item. You might be surprised...sid

Deeman3
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Sid,

Yes, It had one of my business cards in the case. i had stuffed one in there in case she lost it...Remember, she is a blond and yes, i know you would return the case in any situation. While I might disagree with you on political stuff, I would never question your honesty.

You may remember that I always told Santos that I'd steal that beautiful cue he shoots with if ever givne the chance. Naturally after telling him this at about 5 different tournaments, his cue was acutally stolen. I know he knew I didn't take it but you still get that uneasy feeling after saying such things.....I am hopeful it is returned and I'll give the person a reward if they do. However, maybe if not, it will be a good lesson for Tori. She did say last night that if it is supposed to be returned, it will and if not, maybe the person who ends up with it needed it more than she did. Of course, she won't be the one who has to replace it.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey, if it had been my case, I'd already be loading weapons, rounding up search dogs and calling in the FBI.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeeMan

MrLucky
11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
<font color="green"> First of all, let me say I am sorry to hear about your Cues! Having sweated once myself when I realized I had left a pretty expensive Cue out of case at a Tournament !I know how you felt and feel now, In my case the cue was turned in and was waiting for me upon my hurried return I still to today have no idea who the good Samaritan was!
Second I also have a bad back that is in and out and I can really tell the difference in my game when its not right! So as Clinton once said "I feel your pain!" hopefully your back and your cues will be returned to norm! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
"....and could not tell a good hitting cue from an orgasm."
Although I'm never one to pass up on a pun, or rejoinder....I have decided that the original line can not be topped

pooltchr
11-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Dee,
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but it's KARMA!

Dogs are great animals!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, I hope someone returns the cues, and you recover from the fall with no serious reprocussions.

Steve

Fran Crimi
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey DeeMan, sorry to hear of your misfortune. A double whammy! Sheesh.

Hey, do you remember the cue Efren used to play with? I think it was made out of balsa wood for cripes sakes, and the hit sounded like it was cracked in about 10 places. Everybody kept putting these high end cues in his hand to try but he always went back to the cheap cue. It took years and years before he let it go. He loved the hit on that thing. He swore that it hit better than all the top cues of that time.

Fran

sack316
11-08-2006, 03:57 AM
sorry to hear about that Deeman. I'll pillage all around the places in Montgomery... searching every case for your card when people go to relieve themselves /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where were y'all at that night? If there's anyone I know around there I'll have them on the lookout as well.

Sack

SpiderMan
11-08-2006, 05:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> They won't get wet as they are in a custom DeeMan Holy Water resistant case. <hr /></blockquote>

Water resistant? The one that sticks in my memory looked like something that melts in the rain (or the bowl) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Deeman3
11-08-2006, 07:00 AM
I called the pool hall last night. Some good soul had picked up the case and turned it in! I may have been a little quick to lose faith in humanity. I'll pick it up Thursday. The place is named Dwan's. As for the injuries. I feel pretty good now and don't think this will set me back much. A few months ago it hurt so badly to et down in position over a ball I did almost give up the game. A very nice physical therapist has help me a lot and I was almost able to forget about the injury while playing. I think I just have a little residual soreness from the fall.

By the way, DeeWoman lurks here but never posts. Not that I forgot that but I just can't help myself when I express my feelings. She did tell me that I wouldn't be comparing too many orgasms to hits in the next few days! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, as always, thanks for all your kind thoughts. Despite my bad Karma, the cues came back.....

DeeMan

hondo
11-08-2006, 10:39 AM
I asked my wife if she could explain the difference
between a good stick and an orgasm to Deewoman.
She said both depend on a straight shaft but other than
that, she had had very little experience with either.
I was not amused.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman maybe there is an honest Christian in Alabama. Just pray to God he found the cues. Don't give up hope yet. I would worry more about the cue getting damaged by the rain.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Dick,

While there are tons of honest Christians in Alabama, I don't remember many of them at any recent tournaments. I am hoping someone we know picked them up. They won't get wet as they are in a custom DeeMan Holy Water resistant case. You'll have to ask Spiderman and SPetty about these. They are also not collector cues as DeeWoman is happy with some middle range production cues and could not tell a good hitting cue from an orgasm. However, I am doomed to hearing that all too painful whine of, "Nothing hits like my cue that I lost back in 2006", for the next 20 friggin' years!!!!

I have not yet understood the deep relationship that can develop between a person that can't run 10 balls and a cue stick. Sorry, but I can't understand the relationship between a couple of large dogs who do nothing but consume food, dig holes and use up veternary services at a rapid clip as well and me. I can only hope Tori will lose some of her recent religous fervor and become a cold and dark hearted athethist so I can dispatch the dogs with a clear conscience, knowing that they are only animals with no spirit and, therefore, their existance is temporal and of no value.</font color>

Otherwise, I just want to get some sleep tonight.....No, pool, no dogs, just Codiene and safe and restful, sleep, sleep, sleep....

DeeMan
Thanks to all for your concern.... <hr /></blockquote>

Ace
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I am glad to hear you will get Tori's cues back. Maybe you can start comparing again soon. Hope your feeling better by January. We'll see you at DCC.

Deeman3
11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I asked my wife if she could explain the difference
I was not amused.

<font color="blue"> LOL, Hondo, you o.k. for a Democrat....

</font color>

DeeMan
a crooked shaft is o.k. as long as it doesn't bend in the middle

FatsRedux
11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I asked my wife if she could explain the difference
I was not amused.

<font color="blue"> LOL, Hondo, you o.k. for a Democrat....

</font color>

DeeMan
a crooked shaft is o.k. as long as it doesn't bend in the middle <hr /></blockquote>

It should also have lots of squirt.

Fats