PDA

View Full Version : mis-alignment problem

houseloser
11-08-2006, 03:46 AM
When full table away, I always miss the cut too much on one side and airball on the opposite side consistantly. People say I should remember this and compensate, but I wish to play what I my eyes see. Besides, it feels so wrong to adjust!

Lewis

pooltchr
11-08-2006, 05:53 AM
It could be the way you are sighting down the cue. It sounds like what you think you are seeing isn't the actual line of the shot. It could also be a flaw in your stroke that allows you to accidently send the cue ball in a line that is different from the one you set up to shoot. A good instructor should be able to help you determine the cause of the problem.
Steve

randyg
11-08-2006, 06:10 AM
First. I would trust my eyes and check my stroke for straightness.
Second. Set then same shot up (mark the table) and shoot it about 10 times. Record your results. This may fine tune your alignment/Eyes issue
Third. Find a BCA Instructor to watch....SPF=randyg

Deeman3
11-09-2006, 11:32 AM
If your alignment is right you will automatically adjust your aim over time to compensate for a mistake. If it is a consistent mistake you should not have to "try" to adjust, your mind will do so. I suspect, like the others, you have an alignment or a straight stroke issue.

DeeMan