PDA

View Full Version : Players cues

mantis
11-08-2006, 07:42 PM
I am thinking of upgrading cues, but do not want to unless it will positively affect my game. I currently have a decent "Players" cue that seems to do the job. I am not interested in asthetics, just playability. Would it be worth it to step up in cues, or is the players going to be fairly close to others for playability? I also considered keeping theplayers and upgrading the tip. Then again, the money for a new cue may be better spent on lessons!

Deeman3
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Mantis:

The money will be better spent on lessons. If you like the stick you have, you're not going to go bonkers over another one. My wife has a players that I have to hit on occasion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with an entry level stick if it hits well. If the tip is not good, replace it and go on with your life. As Dick said on here a few days ago (and he knows) the most important part is the tip. Efren could beat everyone with a broomstick if it has a decent tip.

DeeMan

mantis
11-09-2006, 01:32 PM
The cue has the original tip on it, which is still in pretty good shape. I just did not know if the stock tip was worth keeping, or if an upgrade would help.

cycopath
11-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Factory tip should be a LePro.

Same tip that comes on Meucci, Joss, McDermott, Cuetec... and a whole host of others.

If the tip has good shape and sidewall that is thicker than a quarter's edge, stick with it for now.

Deeman3
11-09-2006, 02:53 PM
If it holds chalk and you don't miscue on shots, keep it. If its worn or too soft replace it.

DeeMan

mantis
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. The tip still has plenty of play in it for now. I will put the money towards lessons instead.