PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 9' GoldCrown Olhausen or Diamond

jpug
11-09-2006, 11:57 PM
I am looking for a 9' used table in solid condition . I think I have narrowed my search down to an Olhausen, Diamond or Brunswick Gold Crown.

Can anyone give me advice on the difference between the Gold Crown I, II and III tables. It seems that some players like the I & II tables and not the III & IV tables as much. Wondering why??

Anyone with any tables for sale in the suburban area of Chicago that fits the above choices I would appreciate if you could let me know. Also, any local leads anybody might have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, jp

mantis
11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I bought my Brunswick table at "Cue and Cushion Billiards" in willowbrook off of 75 th street. They carry Olhausen, and they used to carry Brunswick until Brunswick made a deal with "Pool A Rama" now "The Great Escape" to allow them to be the only authorized dealer in the south suburbs. Because of this, they were discounting the Brunswick tables a few hundred dollars to get rid of their stock. I am not sure what or if they have any left, but it may be worth a call. I think they have 3 locations. Good luck!!

Bob_Jewett
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jpug:</font><hr> ... Can anyone give me advice on the difference between the Gold Crown I, II and III tables. It seems that some players like the I &amp; II tables and not the III &amp; IV tables as much. Wondering why?? ... <hr /></blockquote>
According to the table installers and sellers I know, starting with the III Brunswick no longer made the tables and the quality and durability were not the same. I play mostly on IIIs, and in 12 years about half of the rubber at the pool hall has had to be replaced. Dead like pottery. At the same time, I had a II at home that played and stayed fine. I'm not sure if the rubber was original from the 60's or not.

Paul_Mon
11-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Bob,
My GCIII had one rail go dead after 4 years. I got a complete set from customer service delivered to my door at NO charge. I don't know where else the quality is worse on a GCIII. Mine used to spit balls on the floor from the side pockets on occasion, particularly on very slow shots and when the balls are freshly polished. Fixed that with a piece of plastic on the side of the runner. So now this table plays perfect.

regards............Paul Mon

Rich R.
11-11-2006, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr>I don't know where else the quality is worse on a GCIII. <hr /></blockquote>Paul, GCIII's seem to be famous for balls coming down the return and falling right out of the ball return box. I used to play in a place where everyone of the 25 tables did the same thing. Does yours have that problem, or are you one of the very lucky ones?

Paul_Mon
11-11-2006, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr>I don't know where else the quality is worse on a GCIII. <hr /></blockquote>Paul, GCIII's seem to be famous for balls coming down the return and falling right out of the ball return box. I used to play in a place where everyone of the 25 tables did the same thing. Does yours have that problem, or are you one of the very lucky ones? <hr /></blockquote>

Never happened to me Rich. The hall I bought this from had 21 GCIII's and I never saw any spit balls from the box. All of these tables were purchased after 1995. Maybe the problem existed on earlier tables.

Paul

GulfportDoc
11-11-2006, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jpug:</font><hr>

Can anyone give me advice on the difference between the Gold Crown I, II and III tables. <hr /></blockquote>
Is there a website that highlights the main differences between the GC's? My brother-in-law just bought a used GC, but I haven't been able to identify it for him. I suspect it's a GC II. It's got drop pockets, and the foot rail has the counters.

Doc