PDA

View Full Version : Limbagh tells all

Qtec
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, I mentioned to you at the conclusion of the previous hour that people have been asking me how I feel all night long. I got, "Boy, Rush, I wouldn't want to be you tomorrow! Boy, I wouldn't want to have to do your show! Oh-ho. I'm so glad I'm not you." Well, folks, I love being me. (I can't be anybody else, so I'm stuck with it.) The way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried.
Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party and liberalism does.

I believe my side is worthy of victory, and I believe it's much easier to reform things that are going wrong on my side from a position of strength. Now I'm liberated from having to constantly come in here every day and try to buck up a bunch of people who don't deserve it, to try to carry the water and make excuses for people who don't deserve it.
I did not want to sit here and participate, willingly, in the victory of the libs, in the victory of the Democrat Party by sabotaging my own. But now with what has happened yesterday and today, it is an entirely liberating thing. If those in our party who are going to carry the day in the future -- both in Congress and the administration -- are going to choose a different path than what most of us believe, then that's liberating. I don't say this with any animosity about anybody, and I don't mean to make this too personal.

I'm not trying to tell you that this is about me. I'm just answering questions that I've had from people about how I feel. There have been a bunch of things going on in Congress, some of this legislation coming out of there that I have just cringed at, and it has been difficult coming in here, trying to make the case for it when the people who are supposedly in favor of it can't even make the case themselves -- and to have to come in here and try to do their jobs. I'm a radio guy! I understand what this program has become in America and I understand the leadership position it has. I was doing what I thought best, but at this point, people who don't deserve to have their water carried, or have themselves explained as they would like to say things but somehow aren't able to, I'm not under that kind of pressure. Am I making myself clear on this, Mr. Snerdley? (interruption)

No, I'm not lying. Snerdley's concerned. I've not lied about anything I've said. <font color="blue"> Yes he did. </font color> Let me try this a different way. (sigh) I'm going to have to think about this. I tried to make it as clear as I can.<hr /></blockquote>

The rest here Rush freaks out (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_110806/content/rush_on_a_roll.guest.html)

He just admitted that he was a tool of the Govt. He backed them up even when he didn't agree with the policy. he attacked others personally for their views.

Rush, junkie, hypocite and a traitor to his country..

The darling of the Right! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Q
Q

Gayle in MD
11-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I wonder why the righteous right, never heard, "Thou shalt not put false Gods before thee."

Pedestals are for people made of stone.

Rush Limbaugh is mentally ill. Someone should grab that mike from him, and....

So we have the pundits of the right, O'Reilly, who sexually harrassed one of his young producers, after all that criticism of Clinton, Limbaugh, who ranted over the druggies, and the hypocrits, all the while, hopped up on his illegal oxycontin, Coulter, who slandered the widows of 9/11, while cheating on her taxes, commiting voter fraud, and illegally helping herself to tax dedcutions meant strictly for hurricane victims, Ken Mehlman, calling everyone else a liar, while living a lie about his homosexuality, Katherine Harris, with her...."I'm just so proud I followed the law, and I love doing God's work" While scooping up perks and payola from corrupt contractors. George Bush, whose latest lie was just a week before the election, Delay, well, we all know about him...and the Great Evangelical Leader, and his male prostitute, and Meth, gee, ain't it just grand, to be a part of the born again, righteous righty group... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
11-10-2006, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He just admitted that he was a tool of the Govt. He backed them up even when he didn't agree with the policy. <hr /></blockquote> Yup that is what it sounds like. Pretty crazy. My favorite radio program is Boortz. I think he sticks to his roots and does not falter no matter who is in the White House.

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Steve worries that the Dems will screw things up and take the country down with them.
Then forgetting the war itself....you read about the waste and corruption associated with it....Haliburton charges the Iraqi gov't over $8 a gallon for gas, instead of the agreed upon price of $1.26. The extra $$ is from the 2000 trucks they charge for, while only using 2 or 3 to actually deliver the fuel. AND it looks like we will have to repay Iraq for the overcharge. Then there is the coke at $48 a case for our troops...
So besides the war, you have the war profiteers, operating unchecked.
And the other issues, port security, border security, illegal immigration, out-sourcing and job losses, balance of trade deficit, increasing debt to the Chinese, SS and medicare concerns.....and the tax problems.
How in God's name could the Dems screw it up any more than it is?
The scandals are too many to mention....and while the Dems have their own quota of unscrupulous politicians...they also have the same numbers of people used to the trappings of wealth and power. these folks are going to welcome a terrorist takeover....knowing they will be the first ones executed? Or they will want to redistribute their wealth to the poor?
I'm not sure how the right ever sold that line....maybe both parties are in collusion, and just agree to take turns in power ever so often..to give the illusion of progress and concern for the public....sort of like the ever changing sides in the wars of "1984"
Somebody should write a book "Fear and Loathing in Washington, D.C."

pooltchr
11-10-2006, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> and just agree to take turns in power ever so often..to give the illusion of progress and concern for the public....sort of like the ever changing sides in the wars of "1984"
Somebody should write a book "Fear and Loathing in Washington, D.C." <hr /></blockquote>

I have stated previously that the difference between the two parties has been diminishing...more so in the past few years than in the past. They claim to hold different views on some subjects...but the bottom line for both parties is to get more power than the other guys.
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Well. I honestly have never seen any administration, or Congress, as bad as Bush's, and these last Republicans. They've certainly damaged the country, and their own party. Bush, IMO, will go down as the worst President in history, for nothing could be more treasonist, than lying about the need to send our troops to war, and then cover up for the facts on the ground, while allowing no bid contract to Corporate thieves, who abuse our troops, and civilian workers, during wartime.

I just hope that Bush, gets what he has coming, is a legal sense, for putting our people, un-necessarily, in harms way, for breaking our laws, and weakening our constitution.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Steve, we both seem to agree on that...I just think this time, the excesses, power, money, corruption.. exceeded anything from the past.

Gayle in MD
11-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Absolutely! And also, just because one understands that, does not necessarily mean that they are naive' enough to think that Democrats don't abuse their power, also. If you have a corrupt party in majority, and they're seriously damaging the country, Americans will, and did, step up to the plate and clean house. Atleast, we still have THAT option!

Gayle in Md.