PDA

View Full Version : The war in Washington

wolfdancer
11-13-2006, 12:16 PM
If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq
theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total Of 2,112
deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 Soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. Is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same
period.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed
in the U.S. Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun Control laws in the
nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington.

eg8r
11-13-2006, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq
theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total Of 2,112
deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 Soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. Is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same
period.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed
in the U.S. Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun Control laws in the
nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington. <hr /></blockquote> While I find this post interesting and amusing, you might want to ask Gayle not to read it. She is busy trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by saying Iraq is a giant blood bath and getting worse by the second.

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
My right wing cousin Carol sent that to me....and my equally right wing brother sent this:
"Oh My God!!!!! Nancy Pelosi Speaker Of The House...we are halfway to doom, and when the Democrats take the Oval Office in 09, we're done-in for. we'll get hit with about 4-5 more 9/11s because the Democrats are non confrontational, non reactionary. they'll act like there is no Al-Quada and no threat to America's safety...just like Bill Clinton did. Clinton shooting cruise missiles at empty Al-Quada training grounds in Afghanistan after the attack on the USS Cole, as if he didn't know nobody was home there, what a joke he was."

I am surrounded by the right, but armed with my Bible, so far have not yielded to the temptation of the dark side.

Deeman3
11-13-2006, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington. <font color="blue"> You have never uttered truer words.... </font color>

DeeMan

<hr /></blockquote>

nAz
11-13-2006, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
you might want to ask Gayle not to read it. She is busy trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by saying Iraq is a giant blood bath and getting worse by the second.
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I believe she means (and rightfully I might add) the entire Iraqi population not just our troops, when she and others talk about the Iraqi bloodbath.

pooltchr
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
I heard that one of my favorite celeb liberals made a wonderful point today. Rosie O'D says we shouldn't fear the terrorists, after all, they are mothers and fathers, just like us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah, the only difference is we don't strap bombs to our kids, or teach them to murder innocent people!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Steve

cushioncrawler
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I believe she means (and rightfully I might add) the entire Iraqi population not just our troops, when she and others talk about the Iraqi bloodbath. <hr /></blockquote>
Dont forget that few suicide-terrorists shoot anyone -- but (unfortunately) i seem to recall that one non-suicide terrorist sniper claims to have shot over 400 USA soldiers.

Drop1
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Would that be the "King James" version?

eg8r
11-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Keep your chin up and be proud of your family. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-13-2006, 07:11 PM
That's right, Naz. Sadly though, our people are being slaughtered in Iraq. Over thirty already this month.

Washington D.C. is a very safe City, actually. There are some small areas, that you don't venture into. Those are the drug dealing areas, and most all the killings are between the druggies.

Killings in Washington, don't even begin to match up to what is happening in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
LOL....Ed, you seldom make me laugh, but you got me with that line....

wolfdancer
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
lol

wolfdancer
11-13-2006, 07:28 PM
And your best retort as well, sir.
Good line, but I had to give the nod to Ed.