PDA

View Full Version : The World's Unluckiest Pool Player

SpiderMan
07-17-2002, 01:25 PM
That's me.

Those who know me well are familiar with my beautiful pocket chalker. Not only beautiful, but highly sentimental as it was given to me for my birthday two years ago by my ex-girlfriend who accompanied me to 'Vegas and bought it from David Jacoby. It was one of those tooled-leather chalkers with silver conchos on four sides and a black/silver lanyard connecting to the staff, which was made in the image of a miniature pool cue.

Last night I flushed it down the toilet.

Haste makes waste - I was running late for league, so I skipped the impending call of nature and headed for the club. Got there, signed in, put my cue together, slipped my chalker in my back pocket. Shot a warmup game. Remembered the call of nature. Attended the call of nature. Flushed. Stood up, raised pants, heard "plop" sound. Wheeled around just in time to see the tip end of the minature cue spinning around and waving bye-bye. Grabbed, but got nothing too solid.

I'm the world's unluckiest pool player.

SpiderMan (crying in my beer)

Cueless Joey
07-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Yipes! What happened to your Spidey reflexes or web shooter in your wrist? LOL
Condolences Spidey. Hope the Pool God makes up for it.

MikeM
07-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Spdierman, that sucks! I feel for you dude!

MM...someone remind me not to shake Spiderman's hand should we meet

Kato
07-17-2002, 01:46 PM
At least she's your EX instead of your NOW Spidey so you don't have to pay the piper. I'm sorry for your loss though.

Kato~~~has lost both women and sentimental things alike.

SpiderMan
07-17-2002, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Spdierman, that sucks! I feel for you dude!

MM...someone remind me not to shake Spiderman's hand should we meet <hr></blockquote>

May have shot myself in the foot with that admission, I guess.

SpiderMan, who never shakes with undertakers or procotologists.

stickman
07-17-2002, 04:25 PM
HaHaHaa (belly laugh) Sorry Spiderman, but the mental picture of your precarious predicament almost brought tears to my eyes. Dang, first the girl, then the chalk holder. Which one are you going to miss most?

07-17-2002, 05:33 PM
I hope that wasn't some kind of sick metaphor.

07-17-2002, 10:15 PM
Try not to think too hard. It kills the humor.
Sorry spidey. If you send me a pic, I'll make a new one for you /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Never shake a plumbers hands either...HAHAHAHAHA. sorry to hear about your loss. More ex's and gifts to come dude.

Voodoo

07-18-2002, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> That's me.

Those who know me well are familiar with my beautiful pocket chalker. Not only beautiful, but highly sentimental as it was given to me for my birthday two years ago by my ex-girlfriend who accompanied me to 'Vegas and bought it from David Jacoby. It was one of those tooled-leather chalkers with silver conchos on four sides and a black/silver lanyard connecting to the staff, which was made in the image of a miniature pool cue.

Last night I flushed it down the toilet.

Haste makes waste - I was running late for league, so I skipped the impending call of nature and headed for the club. Got there, signed in, put my cue together, slipped my chalker in my back pocket. Shot a warmup game. Remembered the call of nature. Attended the call of nature. Flushed. Stood up, raised pants, heard "plop" sound. Wheeled around just in time to see the tip end of the minature cue spinning around and waving bye-bye. Grabbed, but got nothing too solid.

I'm the world's unluckiest pool player.

SpiderMan (crying in my beer) <hr></blockquote>

Sorry to hear about your story man.. same thing happend to my (now X) girlfriend, she lost her pocket chalker in the toilet. The good thing was that she didn't flush it down, the bad thing was.. we wern't sure if we *really* wanted it back or not. ;(

SpiderMan
07-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Sorry, didn't have any pictures of it. But I appreciate the offer. Is this something you do (leather work)?

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Try not to think too hard. It kills the humor.
Sorry spidey. If you send me a pic, I'll make a new one for you /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Barbara
07-19-2002, 03:10 PM
Oh Spidey,

I'm sorry to hear you lost that chalk holder. It was a beaut, too!! I went up to Jacoby to try to convince him to give me one or else his booth at VF next year may "not" be there (LOL!), but chickened out. This is what I use my Big Guy for.

When I was a "pocket chalker" I visited the ladies room of a VFW we were playing, that was vying for first place with us, and when I stood up and the chalk popped out of my pocket and hit the bottom of the bowl. I didn't even try to go for it. Luckily, I had an extra in my case.

Barbara~~~felt bad about potentially clogging up a toilet at a VFW...