PDA

View Full Version : Ball Selection??

irunrax
11-14-2006, 05:46 AM
What brand of balls do you think are the best for home use on fairly good cloth, and why? I just bought my first table and now have to learn the equipment of which i choose to play with instead of only playing with what the pool hall provides. Thanks to all.

Deeman3
11-14-2006, 06:58 AM
I like Brunswick Centenials but there are now amny nice sets out there.

DeeMan

Rich R.
11-14-2006, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote irunrax:</font><hr> What brand of balls do you think are the best for home use on fairly good cloth, and why? I just bought my first table and now have to learn the equipment of which i choose to play with instead of only playing with what the pool hall provides. Thanks to all. <hr /></blockquote>
I prefer the Brunswick Centennial balls, mainly because I like the way they look.
My second choice would be the Super Aramith Pro balls.
Both of these sets are top notch and you won't find any better. They are the two sets used most often in pro tournaments.

SPetty
11-14-2006, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote irunrax:</font><hr> What brand of balls do you think are the best for home use on fairly good cloth, and why? I just bought my first table and now have to learn the equipment of which i choose to play with instead of only playing with what the pool hall provides. Thanks to all. <hr /></blockquote>I prefer the Super Aramith Pro balls, mainly because I like the way they look.
My second choice would be the Brunswick Centennial balls.
Both of these sets are top notch and you won't find any better. They are the two sets used most often in pro tournaments.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

mantis
11-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I definately like the way the Bruswick centenial balls look, but the super aramith pro are the standard!

Rich R.
11-15-2006, 04:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>I prefer the Super Aramith Pro balls, mainly because I like the way they look.
My second choice would be the Brunswick Centennial balls.
Both of these sets are top notch and you won't find any better. They are the two sets used most often in pro tournaments. <hr /></blockquote>
That sounds familiar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, both of these sets of balls are made by Saluc, in the same factory.

DickLeonard
11-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Rich R the original Cenntinals were built by Albany Billiard Ball Co. John Wesley Hyatt's company, discoverer of Cast Phoenalic, the Father of Plastics. And if you have False Teeth he also started making False teeth with his invention. He formed Albany Dental Co.