PDA

View Full Version : Good start for Pelosi

Bobbyrx
11-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Nancy screamed and railed at the Republican's so-called "culture of corruption", then decides to back an unindicted co-conspirator (bribery) and an impeached judge (bribery) for Democrat leadership in the House. And her fellow Democrats respect her so that she may not get either one.........

Gayle in MD
11-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Unindicted co-conspiritor? Not true. He was totally cleared. The video plainly shows him saying he was not interested in the proposal as it was offered.

As for Pelosi, I thought it was a brave first move, since she obviously knew, that Steny, had the support of most of his peers. Steny is a great guy, beyond reproach, and deserved the position. Murtha, deserved the nod that Ms. Pelosi gave him, since he was the first brave hero to speak up against this immoral, illegal war. The right is so pissed over losing the election, their trying to turn the events of this week into a big deal, which it isn't. Murtha will be far more effective in the position he will have. Pelosi, was giving credit where it was due. I happen to know for a fact, that was the core of the issue.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-17-2006, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Pelosi, was giving credit where it was due. I happen to know for a fact, that was the core of the issue.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow! Did Nancy call you personally to tell you this????
Please explain how you know this <font color="red"> for a fact! </font color>.
Steve

Chopstick
11-17-2006, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Pelosi, was giving credit where it was due. I happen to know for a fact, that was the core of the issue.

Wow! Did Nancy call you personally to tell you this????
Please explain how you know this <font color="red"> for a fact! </font color>.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Dick Clarke sent her an email. I always wondered what happened to him after he quit American Bandstand. I guess he took to book writin'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-17-2006, 06:16 AM
No, I won't. You don't have to believe me, but I do know. The point is, that Murtha deserved acknowledgment, and praise, for his bravery, and his honesty, at a time, when those who dared to speak the truth, were called traitors and terrorist lovers. He is the kind of Statesman that this country needs, IMO, and deserved the opportunity to see how many votes he would be given by his peers. Both candidates, were well deserving of the opportunity, IMO, and Pelosi, did the right thing in giving them both the chance. Right wing media has tried to paint this as a big divide among Democrats, when it never was. Every majority has had voting for the position when more than one sought the title. It's really nothing new, just more right wing BS.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Well, that's ok, Chop, you can make fun of me, if that gives you a kick, but I'm no name dropper. You people forget that I grew up here.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Pooltchr the way you defended GWB we thought you were in bed with Laura.####

Fran Crimi
11-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Nah, doesn't look like she's going out of her way to support him. The two of them have been political "owe you one's" for a long time. She could have gotten on the horn and made phone calls on his behalf, but the unofficial word is that all she did was sign her name to a letter. If that's all she did, and I have damn good sources, (they're secret, though /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif), and didn't make any calls, she's just paying back an 'owe ya.'

Fran

Bobbyrx
11-17-2006, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> "He is the kind of Statesman that this country needs" <font color="blue"> On tape Murtha said
"I want to deal with you guys awhile before I make any transactions at all, period. . . . After we've done some business, well, then I might change my mind. . . . " That's not quite the same as telling them to get the hell out of my office....

</font color>

Gayle in MD
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
You said he was a co-conspirator. That simply isn't true. Spin it however you like, he was not a co-conspirator. In the video, he plainly says, regarding the bribery, "I'm not interested." That means, he did not break any laws, nor did he take any money. Also, they weren't in his office. He left. His actions show that he did not want to do business with people he didn't know, and had concerns about their intentions. Hence, on the deal they were offering, he plainly said, "I'm not interested" Stick to the facts.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
11-17-2006, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You said he was a co-conspirator. That simply isn't true. Spin it however you like, he was not a co-conspirator. In the video, he plainly says, regarding the bribery, "I'm not interested." <font color="blue"> In fairness, He said, I'm not interested at this time."</font color> That means, he did not break any laws, nor did he take any money. Also, they weren't in his office. He left. His actions show that he did not want to do business with people he didn't know, and had concerns about their intentions. <font color="blue"> </font color> Hence, on the deal they were offering, he plainly said, "I'm not interested" <font color="blue"> </font color> AT THIS TIME. Stick to the facts. <font color="blue"> Please stick to the facts yourself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
11-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Are you suggesting that Murtha was a co-conspirator? Did he commit a crime? Was he indicted? He turned down the offer on the table. In this thread, he's being portrayed as having been indicted as a co-conspirator. He wasn't. I think you're being very unfair to suggest something worse. BTW, your Foley guy is under criminal investigation now. How many recent Republican indictments does that make? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Where's Libby, Delay, Hastard, and atleast a dozen others? You're party is in no position at the present time, to start slinging any muddy corruption accusations, even if you do have to go back over twenty years to do so. Murtha said no, hence, he was not indicted for any crime, period. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md....

Bobbyrx
11-17-2006, 02:33 PM
"I want to deal with you guys awhile before I make any transactions at all, period. . . . After we've done some business, well, then I might change my mind. . . . "

. . . "I'm going to tell you this. If anybody can do it -- I'm not B.S.-ing you fellows -- I can get it done my way." he boasted. "There's no question about it." . . .
Explaining why he couldn't take the money now-
"All at once," he said, "some dumb [expletive deleted] would go start talking eight years from now about this whole thing and say [expletive deleted], this happened. Then in order to get immunity so he doesn't go to jail, he starts talking and fingering people. So the [S.O.B.] falls apart." . . .

"You give us the banks where you want the money deposited," offered one of the bagmen.
"All right," agreed Murtha. "How much money we talking about?"

"Well, you tell me."

"Well, let me find out what is a reasonable figure that will get their attention," said Murtha, "because there are a couple of banks that have really done me some favors in the past, and I'd like to put some money in. . . . ["]

These are quotes from Murtha on the tape. You can't spin this to make it sound much worse.

Gayle in MD
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Tell me, Deeman, if you're offered something, and you respond, "I'm not interested" OR even..."I'm not interested at this time" what the hell do you think that means? Is that a YES...or a NO...in that lop sided right leaning world of yours.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You guys are so upset over your loss, you're stooping to extremes...when did this happen??? In the eighties? No indictment? Pahleeeze... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
11-17-2006, 07:19 PM
I have used "I'm not intrerested at this time," many times,when I worked as a buyer. Any vendor with experience,knew "at this time" meant,I will never be intrerested. I also know money has a language all it's own /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif when I was a vendor /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bobbyrx
11-18-2006, 06:41 AM
I guess all the other quotes besides "I'm not interested" don't mean anything. The truth is no one even on the left had even heard of Murtha since Abscam until he came out against the war (exept the people of his district who keep reelecting him because of the HUGE amounts of pork he brings home, second almost to Steny. So what about the wonderful Alcee Hastings. What does Pelosi see in him.

Gayle in MD
11-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I agree Drop. But, it's no surprise to me that righties don't communicate through accepted definitions. They have been twisting the meaning of words, throughout the whole Bushwacked experience, hence, they thought the last bunch of Republicans in majority were Christian Conservatives, and that Bush was devoted to Compassionate Conservativism. They're desperate now, and they're doing what they always do, changing the meanings of words. Calling someone who was cleared of any wrongdoing, a Co-Conspirator in a bribery charge, when he said, "Not interested." Then slinging pork charges, after voting for the biggest spenders this country has ever seen. I suppose smke blowing is all they have left! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey, if you want to correct your inaccurate label of Mr. Murtha, in your original post, we can debate. I'm not inclined to debate with someone whose game is to twist the meaning of basic words like yes, and no, to promote slander.

Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer will be very effective, and Murtha, is going to be in the position where he can do the most to rescue our troops, from the slaughter that George Bush has condemned them to, for no possible possitive outcome. That's all I care about, undoing this horrendous mess that the Republican Party, led by George Bush, has put our country in the middle of, and forcing Republicans to take the appropriate responsibility for creating it, through irresponsible, incompetent, illegal, immoral, dishonest, unconstitutional and unamerican activities.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
11-18-2006, 06:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I agree Drop. But, it's no surprise to me that righties don't communicate through accepted definitions. They have been twisting the meaning of words,
I almost hate to point out that it was your hero who tried to re-define the word "is".
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Clinton was never my hero, until I had seen Bush in action for a few years, in retrospect, He's a hero now, for sure!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif