PDA

View Full Version : All Japan Championship Photo Gallery

nipponbilliards
11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
http://xtremebilliard.com/Gallery10/album01?page=4

I will try to update this everyday, thank you.

Richard

Drop1
11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
The pockets on those tables,look huge. Nice photos

jjinfla
11-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the pros, or even the amateurs here in America had a nice arena like that to play in. With nice soft seats for the spectators.

I wonder what Jasmin is thinking about when she gets her game face on. She maintains that intensity throughout the match.

Unfortunately, not many faces there that I recognize, only 4, so I can't get interested in what is happening over the pond. Too many players here that I can't recognize.

But they are nice pictures.

Jake

jjinfla
11-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Richard, Those are nice clear pictures. What settings did you use? Were you on automatic. Telephoto?

Thanks,

Jake

SpiderMan
11-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Four out of five of those women are beautiful (which shouldn't affect skill), yet four out of five male players look like bums that sleep in bus terminals. I don't understand, but I'm glad it's not the other way around!

SpiderMan

nipponbilliards
11-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Thank you. Believe it or not, I have all settings turned to automatic, with my flash off. Nothing fancy.
I do not know much about photography and I am learning as I go along. You can see the pictures I took last year were not as good as the ones this year.
There are some well known faces in this tournament, with the women, we have Xiao Ting Pan, Ga Young Kim, Jasmin, Line Kjosvik...for men, we have Ralf Souquet, Mika Immomnen, then some of the Taiwanese players such as Wu, Kuo, Chang, Chao...
I wish they would have invited more US players over, but it is really expensive to travel there and stay for a week. For the ladies, the top prize is only about $6,000. Expenses will be about $2,000 going to Japan from the US. I can understand why we do not see many players from the US and Europe.
I did not have a chance to take a picture of Thomas Engert, he was there but after losing two and out he flew home right away.
Anyway, I just want to share some pictures from the biggest tournament in Japan with all the members here. I am glad you enjoy them.
Richard

jjinfla
11-22-2006, 07:11 PM
I missed Mika in the pictures and I have seen him play in person many times. I saw Ga Young play in person here in 2005. Line I have seen pictures of but have never seen her play. Same with Wu. Pan, Jasmin and Ralf have been on TV here.

Jake

Nostroke
11-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Im going to view your album now-there better be some of fashion princess Meng Meng Zhou!!