PDA

View Full Version : The Art of a friend

Drop1
11-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Please comment: web page (http://www.jessedrake.com)

cushioncrawler
11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Me and my good wife this week poured the foundations of our new house -- my bit will be an 8m by 8m billiard room, for my full-size table, a Duke, made in about 1871. One end wall is going to be a log wall, big radiata logs i think (will set me back about $72,000). The other end wall is going to be concrete blockwork, later on to be covered in slate probably -- but, i wouldnt mind flying "friend" down to paint a slatey cliff directly over the concrete blocks, instead of laying real slate. madMac.

Drop1
11-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Glad you had a look. Sounds your building a game room a little larger than mine,I have ninty square meters. Jesse does some good work,and is worth talking to. Another artist friend of mine,is Jeff Faust,just punch his name into search. The styles are quite different. Luck to Ya

Fran Crimi
11-18-2006, 11:01 AM
I think your friend is very talented. Beautiful work.

Fran

cushioncrawler
11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Glad you had a look. Sounds your building a game room a little larger than mine,I have ninty square meters. Jesse does some good work,and is worth talking to. Another artist friend of mine,is Jeff Faust,just punch his name into search. The styles are quite different. Luck to Ya <hr /></blockquote>
90sm -- whew, thats a serious room. But i do have another 70sm downstairs, that i dont know what to do with -- it has (will have) a 4m high ceiling -- i told my missuz that 400 pots of weed here will pretty much pay for the house.

Actually, we tryd the painting thing before -- mum'n'dad got a russian mate to paint a pacific-island-scene (palms, beach, water etc) around the 4-walls of our enclosed courtyard (lawn actually) in the middle of our new house in 1962 -- it was terrible, i could have done better myself. madMac.