PDA

View Full Version : Celluloid Skyline

nAz
11-19-2006, 11:57 AM
The first is a real city, an urban agglomeration of millions. The second is a mythic city, so rich in memory and association and sense of place that to people everywhere it has come to seem real: the New York of such films such as 42nd Street, Rear Window, King Kong, Dead End, The Naked City, Ghostbusters, Annie Hall, Taxi Driver, and Do the Right Thing. A dream city of the imagination, born of that most pervasive of dream media, the movies.

http://www.celluloidskyline.com/main/home.html

Drop1
11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I live in the dream city,all the Priests are Irish.

Fran Crimi
11-19-2006, 01:42 PM
That is very cool. My father was a professional photographer in the 40's, 50's and 60's. I've recently taken on a project of scanning hundreds of his negatives. Reminds me of some of the photographs on that website.

Fran

nAz
11-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Now that i would like to see. Fran you should set up a veiwing site (album) online maybe something like Bill Porter does with his pool images.

Fran Crimi
11-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks, I plan on setting up a website. I've already scanned about 300 negs of all shapes and sizes. I've got lots of old pool pictures as well. I'm just trying to find a copy protect program that prevents theft of the photos. Please let me know if you know of any good ones.

Fran

nAz
11-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Fran there are better Copy protect programs out there but this one is seems very good and free too, uhh free for non-commercial use that is.

Copy protect the images on your web site using image encryption and domain lock. Secure Image uses image encryption with Domain Lock to prevent direct saving, right mouse saving, direct downloading and bandwidth theft. Options include targeted hyperlink on the image, status bar and image settings for downloading messages and border frames.

Instead of placing a normal image onto the html page the image is first encrypted for insertion into a viewer. It is the applet viewer that sits on the page replacing the image. The encrypted image is unusable unless displayed from its viewer. Only the encrypted images that are uploaded to the server, so the images are safe from everyone, including your webmaster.

Secure Image can be used to protect images when displayed on a web page on the web, from a CD, or even when sending the page by email. There is no limitation to the size and file size of the image displayed except for common sense paid to download times. When a visitor downloads the first protected image from your site the Java support files (12k) are also downloaded but are served from cache for the next image and revisits.

http://www.surfpack.com/downloads/Secure-Image-Free/6883.html

Fran Crimi
11-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Great. Thanks, I'll try it out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran