PDA

View Full Version : International political forum

Fran Crimi
11-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Go here and post your views internationally.

International Political Forum (http://www.theworldforum.org/)

Barbara
11-20-2006, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Go here and post your views internationally.

International Political Forum (http://www.theworldforum.org/) <hr /></blockquote>

We should be so lucky. Duane nailed it with his post. Maybe they did post on a political thread and weren't taken seriously or given the attention they thrive on because they have no opinion on their own, they just regurgitate what they read.

This forum has become a hostile environment.

Barbara

Drop1
11-20-2006, 09:31 AM
They don't have a pool side /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Drop1
11-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Went to the International Forum,and it is very well organized,and informative. I found so many things,to bring back to the NPR,I plan to spend my afternoon posting. Thanks for the thought.

Fran Crimi
11-20-2006, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This forum has become a hostile environment.

Barbara
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes it has, Barbara. I've been saying that over and over. We need your help and the help of others who care to bring this back to a decent and civil NPR site. Post up anything that you can that's civil. It will be much appreciated.

Fran

Barbara
11-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Fran,

Nothing's going to change on this side of the forum unless BD or the moderator takes a stand about it. I can hardly believe that BD wanted this NPR side to evolve into what it has. They should be the ones to take the stand that some of these "discussions" are no longer welcomed and should be taken elsewhere.

Of course, the posters that you and I are talking about will take severe umbrage at our opinions and consequently will attack us using the First Amendment as their aegis, all the while claiming that they make this NPR forum more "interesting".

This environment is not tolerated at the AZB forum, and it shouldn't be tolerated here.

Barbara

wolfdancer
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
We should be so lucky. Duane nailed it with his post. Maybe they did post on a political thread and weren't taken seriously or given the attention they thrive on because they have no opinion on their own, they just regurgitate what they read.

Completely illogical reasoning..especially for an adult.

One forms an opinion based on either personal knowledge, what they read or see on TV, or in discussions.
The inference then...is that the poster would have "an opinion" based in part on what they had just posted.
I read the newspaper, watch the news on TV, sorry not Fox news...don't read as many books as I should, talk to others about current events.
I can assure you I do have an opinion, my own opinion.
It may not agree with yours (I'd hope it wouldn't) but unless I've just been reading and hearing lies...it's an honest fact-based opinion.
And my opinion is that Dg's statement and your support of that....is the stupidest thing I've read here....it stinks, actually
I'm not sure where you folks get your learned opinions from???

Gayle in MD
11-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Sorry Barbara, that doesn't fly. You made it your business to attack me publically on this forum, I have never done so to you, or to Fran. I have been the recipient of both your attacks here, and your misconstrued publically stated lie, regarding a private message I sent you, which I corrected, by printing the real one which I had sent you, which was not rude at all, though you had portrayed it as rude.

Personally, publicizing a private messages, is something I would never do, however, I learned quite a lot from that experience, about you.

People who post here regularly, know, that when I think a poster is not capable of resonable debate, or that they're most fervent desire, is not to debate in earnest, in the interest of a worthwhile exchange of ideas, or even that they are too immmature, or insecure for debate in general, I stop responding to their posts. Although there are heated debates here, there is only one person here, presently, who posts strictly for the sake of arguement, and I don't post in return to that person. And also, there is no one here with whom I have had heated debates, against whom I hold a grudge, or would not consider spending more time with, or getting to know better.

I would never claim that I make things more interesting here, only that open discussions on current events, are interesting to some people. Those who don't find them interesting, ought not read them. It is a matter of taking responsibility, for what you read. The fact that you, or Fran, Rich or DG, disagree with the opinions of others who post here, is not by any means evidence of any vicious text being posted here, it is only evidence that some people want "Control" over what others may or may not do, rather than handling their issues within themselves. IOW, don't make YOUR issues, Our issues. Expecting the rest of the world to adjust according to one's personal needs and desires, is truly immature, and unreasonable, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Barbara
11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Gayle,

Where in any of my posts did I mention you directly?

And when did I ever publicly or privately attack you? You associated me with a statement quite a few times which I categorically denied, but you kept insisting and insisting to the point of accusing me of lying. Then when you realized your mistake you made no effort to apologize, which any person who respects fellow mankind would have done. Excuse me, but this is the way you treat a lot of posters on this board who disagree with your political views - in a word, rudely.

I was just agreeing with Fran about what a hostile environment has been created on this board and that BD should do something about it. I never mentioned you. I don't read anything you post anymore, just like you requested.

Barbara

Gayle in MD
11-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Barbara,
You didn't write on the pool side..."I've met Gayle, and I'm not interested in meeting any of the other political posters from CCB." Those may not have been your exact words, but the meaning was very clear. You've never met me, Barbara. I said hi to you once at Valley Forge. then you write, "I've met Gayle, and I['m not interested in meeting any of the other people who post political posts." Also, I never accused you of lying, I simply said, I thought you had forgotten. You are twisting things around here.

As regards your other statement, the fact is, I attributed a statement to you, which you denied making. I thought you had forgotten saying it, you blew the whole thing way out of proportion, and turned off you pm's, which prevented me from apologizing for the mix up. When finally, I was able to pm to you, I did apologize. The issue, wasn't anything that most people would have gotten upset about, in the first place. It was a simple memory lapse, which could have happened to anyone. There was no ulterrior motives, and no agenda involved. In fact, had you said what I thought, it would only have been the thoughts of a caring friend, with caring concerns.

As I have said here before, I can give back as good as I get. When I started to post my political opinions here, I was ridiculed, insulted, attacked, and threatened. It wasn't effective, just as it isn't effective now.

You're statement, which I definately considered a slam on me personally, which you posted on the pool side of the forum, wasn't rude? DG's Post entitled, Q and Gayle, wasn't rude? You're decision to publisize a private message from me, and in the process, completely mislead everyone about the tone of my pm to you, which ended with the words, "You take care now, Barbara.", wasn't rude? Fran's response to me, after a post to her that began, Fran, no offense, but...and to which she answered, HOW DARE YOU...wasn't rude? OK, Barbara, I'm the only poster here, who is ever rude, and I['m the only poster here who posts about current events. AND, NO ONE HERE, has ever been rude to me.....whatever.

gayle

Barbara
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Gayle,

I had to turn off my PM feature because you were getting a bit obsessive about the whole thing and I just don't care to deal with people that have to insist about how right they are all the time. The fact that you "have heard" that I have emotional issues from another poster speaks volumes about you, too. The only poster you could have believed has problems herself. She doesn't condone violence, but cheered an event that involved violence against someone. What a hipocrite.

And maybe you don't remember the hour-long phone conversation we had 3 years ago. We talked about pool and boating. You motor, we sail.

I have never ridiculed you. I just don't like how you bully people around. You use this forum for your agenda and politcal beliefs. Why don't you run for some office and do something about it?

Barbara

Fran Crimi
11-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Barbara, How does it work over at AZ? Who sets the guidelines there, Mike Howerton? Who is Mr. Wilson? Isn't Mike the webmaster here at BD as well?

Fran

Gayle in MD
11-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Gayle,

I had to turn off my PM feature because you were getting a bit obsessive about the whole thing and I just don't care to deal with people that have to insist about how right they are all the time.
Really? Well, I save all my pm's, Barbara, and while you may remember it as a circumstance where I was being obsessive, I remember it is a circumstance, where YOU went bazerk, over nothing. There were two pm's involved, if that's what you call obsessive, and while we're both limited as to what can be said about it, in the interest of descretion, I didn't "Accuse" you of anything, I got you confused with someone else, again, totally different than what you are suggesting here.

The fact that you "have heard" that I have emotional issues from another poster speaks volumes about you, too. while I won't reveal here, the tone of the pm you sent to me, you, if you still have it, should definately re-read what you wrote to me. Suffice it to say, only emotional issues could have prompted anyone to write something that rude, in response to my pm, a pm, which ended..."all the best to you and yours"... The only poster you could have believed has problems herself. She doesn't condone violence, but cheered an event that involved violence against someone. I honestly have no idea who you're speaking of, or what you're talking about in this sentence. What a hipocrite. Yet another attack?

And maybe you don't remember the hour-long phone conversation we had 3 years ago. We talked about pool and boating. You motor, we sail. A phone conversation, is the same as meeting someone? You reference to meeting me, "I've met Gayle, I have no desire to meet any of the other political posters on here." If that isn't ridicule, what is? You made this statement in a context of complaining about political posts, I think your meaning was quite clear.

I have never ridiculed you. I just don't like how you bully people around. Oh really? I'm telling others what they may post? If there's any bullying going on here, it's coming from those who wish to dictate what the rest of us may or may not post about. A bully, is someone who thinks they can shove people around to suit their own wishes. That's a whole other ball game from a heated debate. You use this forum for your agenda and politcal beliefs. Agenda? Just what agenda do you think I have? An agenda to write my thoughts? An agenda to share opinions. An agenda to exchange information? Hmmm, sounds like an internet forum to me. An agenda, as you put it, would reqire some ulterrior motive? Some effort to bully others around as to what they may or may not write? some effort to advertize for patrons? Who has the agenda? Why don't you run for some office and do something about it?

Why don't you? Then you might be able to enact some new legislation to outlaw free speech in this country.

Barbara

The simple truth is that some people in our country are involved in what is happening, not just here, but around the world. I have children, and a grand-child, and the future results of our present foreign policy matters a great deal to me. Our Constitution, and Bill Of Rights, and the prosecution of our government policies, matter a great deal, to me, and to many many others, who care enough to educate themselves about what is happening. When over 60% of the people in this country, think we are heading in the wrong direction, and that the freedoms which so many have given their lives to protect, are under attack, or being degraded or diluted, by propaganda, and lies, we should ALL CARE. We should care enough, to search for the truth, and to risk whatever personal attacks come our way. You can't just listen to one news station, or read the opinion of one or two authors, or experts, nor can you set your opinion on sound bytes, alone. The effort to find the truth, requires study, of many many opinions, of both sides of the issues. I find it alarming that in the face of such disaster, on-going loss of life and limb, implementation of failing policy, and only the promise of more of the same failing policies, that You, Fran, DG, and Rich, are put out by the process of public discourse about our country and our circumstances. When our troops are losing their lives on the other side of the world, and a statesman, like Henry Kissenger, contradicts himself with statements predicting impossibility for success, and simultaneously proclaims impossibility for ending our involvment, IMO, those who would complain about having to be exposed to debate over such circumstances, well, I'm at a loss to describe what I think about that. Suffice it to say, it is alarming, to say the least, to think that people in America, could be put out over the interest which others take in the situation. The only good debate, is often a heated debate. Those of us here who debate the subject, by and large, do so quite well, IMO, and with a good deal of mutual interest and respect. It isn't perfect, but it's a hellova lot better than trying to sweep such important issues comfortably uder a rug, and forget about them. And further, to do so, is not my idea of patriotism. I value my freedom, and the safety of my country, but it comes at a personal price to each of us, a duty, and a responsibility, to contribute something, somewhere, to the effort, and to speak truth, again and again and again. It may not always be comfortable, or happy, or endearing, but it is most certainly necessary. Of the you may be sure.

Gayle in Md.