PDA

View Full Version : ROTFLMSFAO!!!

nAz
11-21-2006, 01:44 AM
oh mercy! the npr forums is now stating to look like AZB npr! lol oh the BS flying around MEOW! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boy we had such a pleasant place to chat about politics and such.
but now after a few non political put downs this place has turned into mud wrestling. I personally blame all this on bUSH and the whole right wing propaganda machine. oh yeah and eg8r too what the hell It's all his fault....

lol thanks for the early morning laughs /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
11-21-2006, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Boy we had such a pleasant place to chat about politics and such.
but now after a few non political put downs this place has turned into mud wrestling. <hr /></blockquote> LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How ironic is that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Q

Gayle in MD
11-21-2006, 07:12 AM
I think laughing over it is the only reasonable response! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Could it be, that some, have taken a tact of stirring up enough $**t, in order persaude BD to support the stated dictatorial agenda? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md....

Fran Crimi
11-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Don't be silly, nAz. The only thing that's changed is your mindset. The rules here are exactly the same. You can post your politics just as before. Go ahead, knock yourselves out. It's just that finally some people are speaking up and not just DG alone who got pounced on by you guys the last time he tried.

You all want to pounce? Go ahead. Here I am. DG, Barbara, Rich. We're all here. Go for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran~~~ POWER TO THE NON POLITICAL POSTERS!

pooltchr
11-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Fran,
I guess I don't get the problem. I scan through the titles of various threads in both the CCB and NPR. I read the ones that catch my interest, and skip over the ones that don't. How difficult is it to ignore the threads with GW, Pelosi, Iraq, or any other key words in the subject that would indicate it might be of a political nature? It's kinda like a library...you check out the books that interest you, and leave the rest on the shelf.
Steve

wolfdancer
11-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Discussing or arguing politics here was never supposed to be a personal thing....Ed kind of made it so, with his barrage of insults.
Just because I don't like Bush, and post anything I see that supports my opinion of him. ( I do have an opinion, by the way )..doesn't mean I'm against anybody that voted for him, not even those that voted twice for him (hopefully though, not in the same election).
Take Deeman for example, a dyed in the wool right winger, but underneath he's a "hail-fellow-well-met" kind of guy. You and I couldn't agree less on anything...but I take into consideration, you weren't in the real Navy, and let your undying support for Wal-Mart, for Smokers rights,against workers rights, your refusal to admit the ice shelf is melting, and your endorsement of Bush's new retirement plan to replace SS.....collectibles, like Beanie Babies, and sports cards....just roll on by. Rich seems to have a chip on his shoulder, so I don't even read his posts.
Taking misguided offense to any anti Bush posts....is like Bush claiming that any protests against the war, is a protest against our armed forces. If someone still thinks Saddam bombed NYC, stockpiled WMD's, and God approves of the war..who am I to question their beliefs? I just question GWB's beliefs about that.
There's a good column today by a right wing, conservative journalist. He does not in any way support the Democrats, fears what they will do...it was still interesting to me though, especially since he is from a minority group.

web page (http://www.tsowell.com/)

pooltchr
11-21-2006, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...but I take into consideration, you weren't in the real Navy, <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, every time we played war games with the "real navy" we pretty much devistated them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
They sat off shore with their big ships and big guns, while our guys were running up and down the rivers in 'Nam. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Yes, we do disagree on several topics, but I don't hold that against you. I'm sure we could share a few cold ones around a green table and have a great time.
Oh, yeah...my hat is off to anyone who voted for GW more than two times!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Steve
Steve

Rich R.
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>Rich seems to have a chip on his shoulder, so I don't even read his posts.<hr /></blockquote>
Wolf, I'm not sure where you got this impression, since I don't post regularly in the NPR side. If I do have a chip, it consists of my total disgust of the political bashing by both sides. Although some call it a debate, that is far from the truth.
There are many others here, with much larger chips than me.

nAz
11-21-2006, 10:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
How ironic is that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Q <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't though?

Qtec
11-22-2006, 04:56 AM
lets say Condi Rice lied on TV to the American people and I can prove it.
Do you think THEY would be interested?
If I had absolute proof that GW attacked a country that was NOT a threat to the US and that 3000 GI's have died for nothing- would THEY care? Would it change their opinion?
I doubt it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The only one's making trouble around here are the Non-Political protestors. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q.........isn't protesting being political? BTW, I can prove Condi lied! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Qtec
11-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Dg has done nothing more than make personal comments about people he doesn't even know! He admits he hasn't even read a political thread in a long time.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they did, and realize that posting someone else's article and not having anything to say on their own, wasn't going to make it with someone who really knows what is happening. Here they feel important because they get a response.

DG
<hr /></blockquote>
How can he comment on threads he doesn't even read?
Q

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Here's what I don't get. At the time that Fran posted her "Stinky" post, I didn't see a single thing going on between any posters that even came near to anything more than varrying opinions on politics, being discussed. There wasn't any bashing going on, at all. The only time I have seen any bashing going on around here, in months, has been on those occasions when our resident basher jumps on and posts six to ten insults in the span of eight minutes, lol, usually, to you Wolf, and Me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif The last bashing thread, was DG's original Q and Gayle thread, and Fran's recent ones. IMO, Fran's premise, that "It's getting worse" doesn't apply, beyond her distaste over having to "See" posted subjects, that she, (Rich, Barbara, and DG, don't') doesn't like, or do not care to join.

Wow, is it any different on the other side? As Jack and I have discussed privately, unless you had twenty to thirty years of experience in billiards, you were bashed over there, too, just for having an opinion about pool. And OMG, if you were a senior citizen, devoted to spreading your knowledge, and expertise to students, and willing to drive accross the country to share it, free of charge, btw, you were raked over the coals. If you didn't think Janette Lee had a right to take an extra time out, and were sick of her gushing over George after every win, OMG, you were attacking the whole WPBA. Right now, the very same folks, are over there raking Earl over the coals! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif When "they" are to ones doing the bashing, it's all for the good of the game, LMAO! That's one reason why I read only, over there. People without credentials, or without pool groupie status, were bashed left and right, just for writing their personal opinions about pool! I mistakenly thought, hey, I'm only posting on the non pool related side, where everyone has a right to an opinion, because it won't be about pool. Boy, was I ever naive'....what we have here is a handfull of supposed adults, who want their own way, regardless of how many of the rest of us here, enjoy and take part in discussing current events. It goes like this.... "I don't like political posts, there are political subjects here, therefore, this place stinks, and I'm going to shut it down, but I'll PM my a$$ off first, or call for a vote, and rally up the troops for support in advance." /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm not bashing anybody. In fact, I liked Fran, Barbara, Rich and Dg...there really isn't anyone on here, that I couldn't get together with and shoot some pool, even Ed!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What a dull world we'd have, if everyone had the same opinions. Just imagine, what this place would be like, if anything that smacked of politics, was forbidden. Jeese!!! What the hell would we talk about? An open forum, with no current events allowed? Trivia, jokes and recipes only??? How very narrow! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md....

eg8r
11-22-2006, 05:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote q:</font><hr> Dg has done nothing more than make personal comments about people he doesn't even know! He admits he hasn't even read a political thread in a long time...
How can he comment on threads he doesn't even read? <hr /></blockquote> Do you honestly think he is naive enough to think you have changed since the last time he was reading any political posts? What has changed around here, why should he continue to read the posts if he does not like them and there is no change in sight? Just because he has not read them in a long time does not mean what he says is or is not true, that is just a strawman argument because you have nothing better to say.

eg8r

eg8r
11-22-2006, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Discussing or arguing politics here was never supposed to be a personal thing....Ed kind of made it so, with his barrage of insults.
<hr /></blockquote> Oh no, you made it personal when you were not able to control yourself and allowed it to get to you. I did not sit around and watch you guys sling mud and lies all over the place and let it be. If you say something that I think is ridiculous I mention it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 06:00 AM
It's all about control...sorry, what else could it be called? You an I have some of the hottest debates on here, and that IS what they are, and if you came to Maryland, and didn't look me up, I'd be offended....same with Deeman, Ed, and the rest.

This is just plain silly... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
11-22-2006, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think THEY would be interested? <hr /></blockquote> If could prove it, then head on over to capital hill and get on the news with your proof. Don't stop by here to tell us, as you well know, we all watch the news and read the net, we will see you bring the whole house down with your supposed truth.

eg8r

eg8r
11-22-2006, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You all want to pounce? Go ahead. Here I am. DG, Barbara, Rich. We're all here. Go for it. <hr /></blockquote> Hey Fran, I don't want to pounce. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif As for the political threads, my vote is to leave them alone. It has been said plenty of times already, skip by the ones you don't want to read.

I rarely post on the other side any more because I am tired of the same ole same ole. At least on this side the news is changing every once in a while. I used to post a ton on the Pool related side especially when we had the old board, but those threads get tiring when you see the same one open up 50 times a year. Do a search people. But in the end if everyone actually did a search on the PR side about Meucci's, Predator and KT, what else would there be to talk about. This side offers much more dialogue than the PR side.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-22-2006, 06:28 AM
I guess I have to say this one more time. Gayle, Ed, Q, all of us have a right to say anything that we believe as long as it does not violate some policy of the CCB. I don't have to like it nor read it. If I choose to respond, that is my choice and I had better be ready to defend my position or just click on the next post...

While I would prefer a methodical reasoned debate, that is not exactly what we have here as it is a catch-as-catch-can type of posting system. Those with the most time may have the loudest voice. That does not mean they are right...or wrong but they truly hold these beliefs and I think we should respect them, argue our side or ignore, at our choice. If we can't tell the difference in who is on what side of an issue and weight the validity of their sources, intent and value, we are indeed a poorer place.

Like everyone, I have occasions where it all gets to be too much and I chill out and leave the debate to others. The left is the opposition in most of my posts and opinions. However, I would not want to be in a place where we don't give them free reign to say their piece any more than I want to be shushed for saying what I believe.

This is the price of freedom, the ability to say, "I don't buy that." Doing anything to limit any of our debate, within reasonable speech, is doing exactly what many would think is threatened in oour country today. I don't beleive it is or should be.

DeeMan
Yes, I still want to see Ann Coulter naked...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Dear Deeman,
You're all special to me, every single one. You and I have had our clashes, but I do respect your opinions, and the opinions of the rest, also. You know my feelings on the importance of dialog about our current political environment, and I applaud the fact that you, and some others here, understand, that agreement, is not the purpose of conversation.

I've learned a great deal from this website, both about current events, and billiards, and I value and enjoy what time I spend here. I love people, and I truly consider every poster here, a friend, and part of a very nice group of people, that it has been my pleasure to meet via cyberspace.

Beneath all the debate that goes on here, regardless of the sometimes heated tone, when one of us inadvertantly pushes someone else's button, or get's ours pushed, my feelings have always been that we're each perfect, just as we are. That all people truly are decent, and flawed, and that each of us is F-ed up in our own special ways, lol.

While our country is going through a rough period, for sure,... in my heart, I believe that we will work things out, eventually. I really do believe, that our country may be on the brink of a much more politically civil period of dialog, no, not because the Democrats are in power, but because we're all yearning for dialogs of greater value, which will advance more honest, and logical solutions, promote reasonable and realistic expectations, and therefore allow more positive results.

I have nothing but respect, for all those here, who venture out to take the risk of making their opinions known, and standing up for what they believe in, whether I agree, or not, I still believe that communication, and sharing our differing ideas and opinions, is a good, and even great, part of who we are, and a cherished priveledge.

I don't think it matters much, who is right or wrong, only that we embrace our freedom to speak about what is in our hearts, and learn about one another in the process.

All the Best to you and yours, Deeman, and, I mean it when I say, I do hope I get to meet you someday... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love,
Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Rich, sorry...poor choice of words...."angry" maybe.
Have a nice Thanksgiving!!

Rich R.
11-22-2006, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Rich, sorry...poor choice of words...."angry" maybe.
Have a nice Thanksgiving!! <hr /></blockquote>
If I get angry, it is only because of the insulting and bashing from both sides.
You have a nice Thanksgiving too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Yelling at somebody and telling them in no uncertain terms that they're an idiot and they're stupid and they're dumb and blah blah blah is not my idea of fun. Would you like me to go back and make a list of all the times you did that as well as others here?

And don't go getting all semantic on me, saying you never said that stuff. You did, if not in those exact words, and so have others here, and it always occurs in the political threads. And it gets repeated over and over and over and it never stops.

So all this logic about it being more interesting here and things are always changing and blah blah blah is a lot of bull and you know it.

It's just a place for your primal screams and that's all it's become around here. As for your vote, there's no voting around here. This isn't a community decision. You do what you want.

Fran

wolfdancer
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
"I do hope I get to meet you someday... "

Traitor!!!

Drop1
11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
DeeMan,well said,and I hope you see Ann Coulter naked,and if you do, please don't post photos. Have a good one.

Deeman3
11-22-2006, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "I do hope I get to meet you someday... "

Traitor!!! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I will dance with Gayle in the streets of Maryland before one of us hits the grave, then post a picture of it just to irritate the big bad Wolfdancer.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

DeeMan

wolfdancer
11-22-2006, 11:19 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 12:16 PM
AH ha ha ha...I love you Jack... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey, I'm ready for that. bring Spetty, she's really good on the dancing pictures!

Can you tango? I'll even wear my old tango costume, with the black fishnet hose, split skirt, and red rose in my hair! We'll do the last tango in Maryland!!!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey, I'm ready for that. bring Spetty, she's really good on the dancing pictures!

Can you tango? I'll even wear my old tango costume, with the black fishnet hose, split skirt, and red rose in my hair! We'll do the last tango in Maryland!!!

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> What have I gotten myself into? I look forward to that time. I do think I still have a picture or clip that SPetty took of you dancing.... </font color>

DeeMan
I Tango like it's the last one Paris would allow.....

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 01:24 PM
LOL, Dick owes me a dance too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We may finally meet up this year in VF, atleast I hope so!
Hey, you don't have to do the Tango, I mean, I'll go easy on you, we could just do some break dancing, or something... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
11-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Q.. [ QUOTE ]
Do you think THEY would be interested? <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r...[ QUOTE ]
If you could prove it, then head on over to capital hill and get on the news with your proof. Don't stop by here to tell us, <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for proving my point eg8r. Once you have made up your mind, niether the facts or the truth will make you change it.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Stretch
11-23-2006, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Rich, sorry...poor choice of words...."angry" maybe.
Have a nice Thanksgiving!! <hr /></blockquote>
If I get angry, it is only because of the insulting and bashing from both sides.
You have a nice Thanksgiving too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Jeezes yes, lets just get back to the normal insulting and bashing and leave politics out of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif As a Canadian Citizen i'm affraid my perspective would only muddy the partisan waters down yonder so i keep my distance.

Besides, ya's don't even have thanksgivin on the right date so Pffft. shakes head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

eg8r
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yelling at somebody and telling them in no uncertain terms that they're an idiot and they're stupid and they're dumb and blah blah blah is not my idea of fun. Would you like me to go back and make a list of all the times you did that as well as others here? <hr /></blockquote> To be quite frank, I don't really remembering asking for your opinion on fun. I simply stated that my vote is to leave the NPR alone. If you want, you can continue your own version of fun and chase around all the political posts and leave your link to another political forum and no one is going to force you to stop.

Basically it all boils down to whether or not you are able to skip what you want to skip and particpate where you would like to participate.

If you have the time to make a list of all the posts in which someone posted something you don't like, have at it. I must be a bit busier than you since I don't have the time to compile such a list.

[ QUOTE ]
And don't go getting all semantic on me, saying you never said that stuff. <hr /></blockquote> Did you miss your morning coffee? Why the attitude?

[ QUOTE ]
So all this logic about it being more interesting here and things are always changing and blah blah blah is a lot of bull and you know it. <hr /></blockquote> You must know I know it but I was trying to pull the wool over their eyes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Either that, or you are unwilling to accept the fact that you are not right in this instance.

[ QUOTE ]
It's just a place for your primal screams and that's all it's become around here <hr /></blockquote> One of my "primal screams" is a call to mention someones hypocrisy, consider this another example. It appears that your view is that we are all justing "screaming" around here and you have joined in the fray. Your solution is not any value added, you are just another voice in the "primal scream". The only difference is that you are screaming to chat about something else.

[ QUOTE ]
As for your vote, there's no voting around here. This isn't a community decision. You do what you want.
<hr /></blockquote> Oh, voting happens around here from time to time, to think it does not is ridiculous. I will, however continue to do what I want as long as it is not violating any of the board policies, I don't need you to remind me.

Until the mods decide there will be no more political votes I believe we will continue to read/debate/argue over political posts all the while understanding we will have you trolling around asking us to go to a political forum. I can live with that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have lived with Q posts I can surely accept yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've learned a great deal from this website, both about current events, and billiards, and I value and enjoy what time I spend here. I love people, and I truly consider every poster here, a friend, and part of a very nice group of people, that it has been my pleasure to meet via cyberspace. <hr /></blockquote> Just for the record, even after all our history here on the board, Gayle has invited me to dinner next time I am in Bethesda for work. My guess though is that she is waiting to bounce a pan on my head. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have said it plenty of times in the past, I don't really take anything here too personal. I come to the board to get another view of what is going on in the world and I move on. I have yet to read anyone's posts here that have forced me to totally rethink my position on anything.

eg8r

eg8r
11-27-2006, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for proving my point eg8r. Once you have made up your mind, niether the facts or the truth will make you change it. <hr /></blockquote> You are welcome. You never have facts or truth you only ever have your opinion. If you had the proof, then get on the news and shout it as loud as you can.

eg8r

hondo
11-27-2006, 12:46 PM
WOW! Ed &amp; Fran on opposite sides!!! I have been
away for a while. I'm not even sure what's going on?!?!

SPetty
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> bring Spetty, she's really good on the dancing pictures!

Can you tango? I'll even wear my old tango costume, with the black fishnet hose, split skirt, and red rose in my hair! We'll do the last tango in Maryland!!!<hr /></blockquote>Gayle in MD dancing on Broadway...

http://www.pettypoint.com/pics/Gayle.gif

Maybe y'all can someday do the First Tango at PettyPoint? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
The liberals and the conservatives keep going back and forth at each other as if they're some day going to convince the other that they're right. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, and you all know it. But even though you know that you won't change each other's mind, you continue to yell and scream at each other as if some miracle breakthrough will occur.

And you call that communication, or an exchange of ideas? Give me a break. I wasn't born yesterday.

It's a contest of trying to get one up on the other side. That's all it is. And you all post like it's a contest --- HERE, HERE, look what I found!!! This ought to get their goat! And then the posters post up their articles and their "PROOF". And then the syncophants all chime in with their accolades. "Yeah, yeah, that ought to get 'em."

You guys may be talking about very adult issues, but you're acting like very young, badly behaved children with each other. It's actually a shame.

Your problem, Ed, isn't so much that you post up articles, it's that you hate being accused of being wrong. It drives you INSANE.

Temper, temper...

Fran

eg8r
11-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Only on the issue of whether the members of this board should be allowed to post whatever they want as long as it is within the board policies. Some members want to censor the content beyond the policies of the board and I don't agree with it.

I think we are good on everything else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-27-2006, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The liberals and the conservatives keep going back and forth at each other as if they're some day going to convince the other that they're right. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, and you all know it. <hr /></blockquote> I think this is a misinterpretation of what is happening. I don't really think anyone thinks they are going to convince anyone else of anything. I quit being serious about the discussions when a few went off the deep end and just got ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
And you call that communication, or an exchange of ideas? Give me a break. I wasn't born yesterday.
<hr /></blockquote> A buddy of mine is 100% italian and this is exactly what their household sounds like. I am not italian but plenty of their family has rubbed off on me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You guys may be talking about very adult issues, but you're acting like very young, badly behaved children with each other. It's actually a shame.
<hr /></blockquote> Maybe the way you view everything makes this true for you, but can you shed some light on the difference between that and you chasing around the political threads and adding your post to ask them to leave the board and go somewhere else? Your activity appears equally childish.

[ QUOTE ]
Your problem, Ed, isn't so much that you post up articles, it's that you hate being accused of being wrong. It drives you INSANE. <hr /></blockquote> Nope, quite the contrary. I really don't let much of this board affect my life at all. The only time it really affects me is when I get a chance to meet the others from the board. Nothing here drives me insane, I do get a chuckle every now and then and I certainly come to see what sort of stuff people will come up with but that is about it. I have said all the same stuff in PMs that were sent to me from people who have lost their cool with me. I basically tell them the lighten up (sometimes they need to act their age, and you would certainly agree if you were able to read some of the PMs) and have a good time.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey, it could happen...and you do the photography...lol.
How's it going, kiddo?

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, quite the contrary. I really don't let much of this board affect my life at all. The only time it really affects me is when I get a chance to meet the others from the board. Nothing here drives me insane, I do get a chuckle every now and then and I certainly come to see what sort of stuff people will come up with but that is about it. I have said all the same stuff in PMs that were sent to me from people who have lost their cool with me. I basically tell them the lighten up (sometimes they need to act their age, and you would certainly agree if you were able to read some of the PMs) and have a good time.

eg8r

<hr /></blockquote>
Pleaese notify the moerator. eg8r is actually making sense!

This is just a forum where people shoot the breeze at the end of a keyboard.

Q

pooltchr
11-28-2006, 05:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> =

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Pleaese notify the moderator. Q is actually making sense!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Fran Crimi
11-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Just go back and read your posts over the past few years. You will not tolerate being "told" anything by anybody, and you have to have the last word. If you cut your ego issues out of your posts, I guarantee the number of your posts would be cut in half. Half is a big number.

You can have the last word here because I know how important it is to you. Fire away, and feel free to break down my post phrase by phrase. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

hondo
11-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Whew! Thank God! I was worried that this was some
sort of fallout over the election or something!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Only on the issue of whether the members of this board should be allowed to post whatever they want as long as it is within the board policies. Some members want to censor the content beyond the policies of the board and I don't agree with it.

I think we are good on everything else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
11-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I have yet to read anyone's posts here that have forced me to totally rethink my position on anything.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

And my guess is you never will. You're a closed book,
brother.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Ya think? You don't really think he still believes that Bush didn't lie, do you? Or that Rice didn't lie, or Cheney? He couldn't possibly think that going to Iraq, was a good idea, after all, could he? Or that Rumsfeld, and many other Bush appointees, were good choices? Or that Bush, rumsfeld, Cheney and Rice, have been honest with the American People throughout this war, could he????

Na, even Eg8r isn't THAT dumb and hardheaded. Ya think?

He's coming for dinner, I'll be serving mushrooms /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif with his steak... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Nope, quite the contrary. I really don't let much of this board affect my life at all. The only time it really affects me is when I get a chance to meet the others from the board. Nothing here drives me insane, I do get a chuckle every now and then and I certainly come to see what sort of stuff people will come up with but that is about it. I have said all the same stuff in PMs that were sent to me from people who have lost their cool with me. I basically tell them the lighten up (sometimes they need to act their age, and you would certainly agree if you were able to read some of the PMs) and have a good time.

eg8r

<hr /></blockquote>
Pleaese notify the moerator. eg8r is actually making sense!

Q <hr /></blockquote>

LOL. I agree. If this was the only thread I had ever
read by Eg I might like him a little better.

hondo
11-28-2006, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Ya think? You don't really think he still believes that Bush didn't lie, do you? Or that Rice didn't lie, or Cheney? He couldn't possibly think that going to Iraq, was a good idea, after all, could he? Or that Rumsfeld, and many other Bush appointees, were good choices? Or that Bush, rumsfeld, Cheney and Rice, have been honest with the American People throughout this war, could he????

Na, even Eg8r isn't THAT dumb and hardheaded. Ya think?

He's coming for dinner, I'll be serving mushrooms /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif with his steak... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

EG! Make sure Gayle tries the mushrooms first!!!!!!!