PDA

View Full Version : An IPT player's view of his experience with the IP

jjinfla
11-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Bernie Friend, an IPT player, posted a pretty good article on another site of his experience with the IPT. Too bad he wasn't writing like this right from the beginning. (Maybe he had help with this one?) It may have given people a better insight into just how much the players really liked the IPT and were hoping that it would succeed. Maybe they needed more of the IPT players to be vocal and praise what KT was producing for the players.

Bernie has taken a lot of grief from posters who were just plain jealous that Bernie was selected and they were not. But Bernie is very determined and everytime they knock him down he just keeps coming back, just like the eveready bunny.

I went to Orlando, I liked what I saw, and got castigated for saying it was great. All the naysayers couldn't find anything positive about the IPT. They were quick to point out anything negative. They called the qualifiers nothing but a scheme for KT.

Well, they got their wish. I doubt that the IPT will recover in any way, shape or form.

Now the naysayers are banding together thinking they can help the players and get their money and maybe save the IPT. It just shows how really foolish they all are. But when all is said and done they will have gained the limelight for themselves, most likely received a finder's fee from the attorneys, received publicity for themselves, and in the end the players will be worse off. Most likely they will turn the players on each other.

Unfortunately, I will be the big loser because I will not be able to enjoy watching the greats assembled in one place putting on the performance of their lives.

At least I have the Spiritour to watch. They will have their final tournament of the year at Capone's on Dec 2nd. I better not say too much about them for fear of being labeled a "stalker" or if I state that they played poorly then I am accused of saying "no" women can play.

The last matches that ESPN televised sure were hard to watch. Even Allison said "that was horrible" after her match.

On Dec 16th the Florida Pro Tour will have their Championship match at Capone's and a lot of the greats will be there. $15,000 added. Hopefully they will all have received their second check by then.

Good thing I have thick skin.

Jake

MrLucky
11-21-2006, 09:07 AM
<font color="green"> Hopefully this will all work out somehow! but in the event that it doesn't I think it will be beneficial in possibly a new type of organization done the right way this time! Let's Hope So! at least I will be </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

av84fun
11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Hello Jake. I agree with much of what you said. I too know what it feels like to be upwind from a pack of wolves! (-:

Regards,
Jim

jjinfla
11-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Yes Jim, Too many people take everything personal. They only want to be around "yes men". Something I never was and never will be. Any disagreement is taken as a personal affront. They do not understand the pure joy in a good debate. They should sometimes take a contrary view and try to defend it. Actually, that is what good Esquires do on a daily basis.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Or to suffer the fools.

Can you just imagine the poor souls out there all PM'ing each other? They are losers one and all.

Life is good. I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. My wife still puts up with me and has survived many a crisis since 1994 as have I. Even though our paths have been rocky we have survived and are doing quite well. Bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe which I really like, paid cash, my stocks keep going up, and we have 6 brand new Connelly tables here for me to play on.

Yep life is good.

Jake

eg8r
11-22-2006, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie Friend, an IPT player, posted a pretty good article on another site of his experience with the IPT. Too bad he wasn't writing like this right from the beginning. (Maybe he had help with this one?) <hr /></blockquote> Who could possibly stand reading any more of his posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Bernie has taken a lot of grief from posters who were just plain jealous that Bernie was selected and they were not. <hr /></blockquote> Bernie has taken a lot of grief from posters because he would not quit making 10 new threads a day. [ QUOTE ]
But Bernie is very determined and everytime they knock him down he just keeps coming back, just like the eveready bunny.
<hr /></blockquote> No kidding there, he has probably already started 3 new threads. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I went to Orlando, I liked what I saw, and got castigated for saying it was great. <hr /></blockquote> I agree it was awesome and I also truly wished it would continue. The tournaments looked top notch.

[ QUOTE ]
Now the naysayers are banding together thinking they can help the players and get their money and maybe save the IPT. It just shows how really foolish they all are. But when all is said and done they will have gained the limelight for themselves, most likely received a finder's fee from the attorneys, received publicity for themselves, and in the end the players will be worse off. Most likely they will turn the players on each other. <hr /></blockquote> Let's say KT shuts everything down and the players take him to court. Let's be real generous and say they win the case. Cashing in is another story. If they go to court they will never see the money. It is one thing to win a case it is completely different trying to get paid.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I will be the big loser because I will not be able to enjoy watching the greats assembled in one place putting on the performance of their lives. <hr /></blockquote> Don't be so tough on yourself. John Kerry has been watching your actions and he is mighty proud. He never saw a flip flopper jump sides as quick as you did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kidding. I am glad that I procrastinated on paying for the membership. With all the bad press KT has received for continually charging after a cancellation notice was sent I just could not bring myself to sign up.

[ QUOTE ]
On Dec 16th the Florida Pro Tour will have their Championship match at Capone's and a lot of the greats will be there. $15,000 added. Hopefully they will all have received their second check by then.
<hr /></blockquote> Hopefully the last half of next year I will not be travelling so much for work and I can catch some of these tournaments. They really do have some great players that show up.

eg8r