PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving All ! & Sweet Potato Recipe

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Wishing a happy, and safe Thanksgiving to all my fellow CCBers, both Dems, and Repubs, ....politicos and non politicos, elbow droppers, and non-elbow droppers, lol...Love to you all. Let's hope, our troops will be home soon, and that there will be peace in the world....

Here's my recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole, with Marshmallows, and my Grand-daughter has already called me twice...."Did you make it Gram ma ma? Did you make extra for me to take home?"

6 to 8 large sweet potatos (or Yams)
1/2 to 1 cup orange juice
1 Tbs. Vanilla extract, or, Better yet, seeds of 1 Vanilla bean.
3/4 stick of softened butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup regular granulated sugar
Two Cups Pecans, fine chopped, (Optional)

Preheat oven 350 degrees
Bake or boil sweet potatos, cool slightly, and peel.
In your mixer, mash while mixing the Sweet potato meat, softened butter, vanilla extract, and the sugars, adding the orange juice last, only as much as will make your desired consistancy, a little less creamy than mashed potatos would be about right, but thoroughly mashed, no lumps.

Fill a buttered casserole with mixture, and cover the top with big marshmallows, or, cover with fine chopped pecans first, then the marshmallows, if you like nuts. Bake in 350 degree pre-heated oven, till marshmallows are slightly browned, and softened.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

Love,
Gayle XOXOXO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bsmutz
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Drop1
11-22-2006, 12:07 PM
The recipe sounds great. You take care,and have a fantastic Thanksgiving. xoxoxo Drop1

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif You too, sweetie, and be safe.

Love
Gayle

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Same to you friend... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
11-22-2006, 01:19 PM
May God bring you all back safely....

DeeMan
Yep, I still believe in Him....